Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album Of The 90's Day 2

Go down 
+8
Half
T. Myers
Norfeest
Laced With Slang
D.Powell
gametheory91
Funk Seoul Brother
Alan
12 posters

Which One?
Midnight Marauders
Album Of The 90's Day 2 Vote_lcap48%Album Of The 90's Day 2 Vote_rcap
 48% [ 10 ]
Resurrection
Album Of The 90's Day 2 Vote_lcap10%Album Of The 90's Day 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Infamous
Album Of The 90's Day 2 Vote_lcap42%Album Of The 90's Day 2 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Album Of The 90's Day 2 Empty
PostSubject: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 11:52 am

Alright Tribe barely pulled it out yesterday so let's see if it can repeat. We got Common and Mobb Deep stepping up to the plate.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 11:53 am

Tribe...again.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 11:54 am

Tribe and its not close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 11:58 am

AMW>Whut?>MOBB DEEP'S INFAMOUS>Common's Resurrection>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tribe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:01 pm

N3R0 wrote:
AMW>Whut?>MOBB DEEP'S INFAMOUS>Common's Resurrection>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tribe.

I disagree with that entirely. Even though I voted for Cube yesterday, I think Midnight Marauders is better than Whut, Infamous, and Resurrection. And I think The Low End Theory is better than all of them including AMW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:04 pm

That's cool, KJ (pun intended). I know you don't canonize Tribe's catalogue like a lot of fools who on here like their hip hop like they like their lives: boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:04 pm

Infamous and its not even a tad close. Gangsta/hardcore rules you emo soft bitches!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:07 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Infamous and its not even a tad close. Gangsta/hardcore rules you emo soft bitches!

So they're better because they're hardcore? GTFOH with that bullshit Kev.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I believe what Kevin meant was all things being equal, he would prefer hardcore hip hop to the more affeminate sounds you seem to like. But that's okay, we just can't relate to MC's talking about their period and getting tricked out by their man. But that's cool if that's what you like homie.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:10 pm

Infamous
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:14 pm

N3R0 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I believe what Kevin meant was all things being equal, he would prefer hardcore hip hop to the more affeminate sounds you seem to like. But that's okay, we just can't relate to MC's talking about their period and getting tricked out by their man. But that's cool if that's what you like homie.

Eat a dick Jeff! What the fuck is affeminate about ATCQ??? Tip is an elite lyricist and Phife is one of the best sidekicks ever. Just because they don't talk about guns, violence, and killing people (which 95% of rappers have never done) doesn't make them less dope. Y'all just got limited rap tastes.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Wed 23 Dec 2009, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:15 pm

Tribe again...just above The Infamous by a little bit....that Tribe joint is just going to be hard to beat!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:16 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Tribe again...just above The Infamous by a little bit....that Tribe joint is just going to be hard to beat!

Agreed, both albums are in my Top 25 but MM edges it out IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:16 pm

I'm just giving you shit KJ, didn't mean to take it that far. Tip is a dope lyricist (with a girly voice) and Phife is good at what he does. I don't really hate Tribe, I just like giving people shit for liking them. I can't get into "living room rap" (as I like to call it), but that's nothing against anybody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:25 pm

N3R0 wrote:
I'm just giving you shit KJ, didn't mean to take it that far. Tip is a dope lyricist (with a girly voice) and Phife is good at what he does. I don't really hate Tribe, I just like giving people shit for liking them. I can't get into "living room rap" (as I like to call it), but that's nothing against anybody.

That's fine, but someone can easily counter you by saying that you seemingly like every white rapper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:34 pm

That wouldn't be a "counter" argument...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:07 pm

KRob86 wrote:

ok you say this and then shove Kanye's dick in your ears?? doesnt make sense to me, Kanye is far "emo-er and softer" than Tribe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:11 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

ok you say this and then shove Kanye's dick in your ears?? doesnt make sense to me, Kanye is far "emo-er and softer" than Tribe

Damn son!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:18 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Tribe and its not close.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:19 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
ok you say this and then shove Kanye's dick in your ears??

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:20 pm

I assume you meant the Common album and not the Geto Boys album so i go with The Infamous. In the immortal words of KJ, Prodigy is a far better lyricist than Phife and Q-Tip.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:21 pm

Infamous. Midnight Marauders is the weakest of the Tribe albums that matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:26 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I assume you meant the Common album and not the Geto Boys album so i go with The Infamous. In the immortal words of KJ, Prodigy is a far better lyricist than Phife and Q-Tip.

I disagree with that. I thought Tip and Prodigy were about even at one time, but post-Murda Musik Tip has been FAR better. You can even argue that Havoc has been better than Prodigy since then.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:39 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I disagree with that. I thought Tip and Prodigy were about even at one time, but post-Murda Musik Tip has been FAR better. You can even argue that Havoc has been better than Prodigy since then.

No, Q-Tip has NEVER been a better lyricist. There is no denying that Prodigy lost a step, but Product of The 80's is easily as good as any effort Q-Tip has been a part of since then. However we are talking about The Infamous and MM, and there is absolutely nothing on MM that is messing with Prodigy lyrically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 1:41 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Every thing is just one dimensional to some people minds huh? I prefer the harder sound over the elevator music but that does not mean I don't enjoy some softcore at times also.

College Dropout>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>betta than anything Tribe has dropped album wise imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:13 pm

KRob86 wrote:

College Dropout>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>betta than anything Tribe has dropped album wise imo.

Fuck No!!!! Tribe's first 3 albums are EASILY better than College Dropout. Hell, even Beats Rhymes & Life is comparable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:14 pm

808s & Heartbreak>Tribe's whole catalogue. And I fucking HATE 808s & Hearbreak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:15 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

No, Q-Tip has NEVER been a better lyricist. There is no denying that Prodigy lost a step, but Product of The 80's is easily as good as any effort Q-Tip has been a part of since then. However we are talking about The Infamous and MM, and there is absolutely nothing on MM that is messing with Prodigy lyrically.

I don't agree with any of that. You just hate on Tip because you don't like jazz rap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:16 pm

N3R0 wrote:
808s & Heartbreak>Tribe's whole catalogue. And I fucking HATE 808s & Hearbreak.

If you honestly think that, then your opinion on this topic is completely WORTHLESS!

It's crazy how people in here say that my rap taste is limited, yet most in here have more bias than Len (disliking jazz rap, female rappers, MC's that didn't grow up in the "hood" etc).

I don't have any such biases. If somebody can rhyme then I give them their props.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:19 pm

y'all are all faggots...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:22 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I don't agree with any of that. You just hate on Tip because you don't like jazz rap.

Not being a big fan of Jazz Rap has nothing to do with appreciating lyricism. Q-Tip has never been as good as Prodigy when it comes to lyricism. Is Tip a better mc? maybe. But please don't ever try to compare them lyrically. it's not even close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:22 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
y'all are all faggots...

Nah that's you dogg, I'm straight up and down like 6 o'clock
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:26 pm

Kanye doesn't have a single album that fucks with the Tribe's first 3 albums. Tribe's sound originated some shit. Tribe's steez (along with De La, Jungle Bros, etc...) originated some shit. If you keep the time line in order, the Tribe sound was pretty much unheard of up until they came out.

Kanye can't lay claim to anything but a sped up sample...if that.

The replay value of Tribe albums tend to hold steady for me. I don't reach for Kanye albums very often.

Graduation (so-so) and 808's (dookie) are both forgettable albums with 808's being flat out wack.

Hardcore, emo, fake gangsta, conscious, studio thugs, elevator music, or whatever... It's easier for me to listen to Common rap about Assata Shakur than it is for me to stomach lies about guns and crack. At least the ones I patronize for that particular topic do it creatively (Clipse, Raekwon, etc,...)

Get rid of them divisions and just reach for the dope shit. That prejudice is what limits your experiences with the music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Not being a big fan of Jazz Rap has nothing to do with appreciating lyricism. Q-Tip has never been as good as Prodigy when it comes to lyricism. Is Tip a better mc? maybe. But please don't ever try to compare them lyrically. it's not even close.

My definition of lyricism is spittin dope lines. I think Tip on Award Tour, Midnight Marauders, Lyrics To Go, Steve Biko (Stir It Up), are as dope as anything P spit on the Infamous. They just have different styles. You're entitled to disagree but that's just my opinion.

Both albums are among my Top 25 of all time though, so I won't be upset either way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:32 pm

Kopasetick wrote:

Get rid of them divisions and just reach for the dope shit. That prejudice is what limits your experiences with the music.

That is HANDS DOWN the realest statement in the history of these forums.

I actually agree with everything you said above, but ESPECIALLY that statement!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:48 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Kanye doesn't have a single album that fucks with the Tribe's first 4 albums. Tribe's sound originated some shit. Tribe's steez (along with De La, Jungle Bros, etc...) originated some shit. If you keep the time line in order, the Tribe sound was pretty much unheard of up until they came out.

fixed
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:49 pm

this matchup is hard as fuck for me btw, Infamous and MM are both in my top 25 i guess ill go with Infamous since i was just bumpin it last night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 2:58 pm

I was semi just being a ass with the Ye/Tribe comments but I do prefer that album over any of Tribes. But I know their 1st 3 albums hold more status and importance than CD.

Divisions don't limit my music experience I am just grown enough and established enough in this rap shit to know what moves me and what doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 3:10 pm

Close call but I'm goin with Tribe.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 3:22 pm

The Infamous quite easily.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 4:24 pm

Dwight wrote:
Close call but I'm goin with Tribe.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Dec 2009, 8:48 am

Mobb Deep no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Dec 2009, 3:34 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
Kanye doesn't have a single album that fucks with the Tribe's first 4 albums. Tribe's sound originated some shit. Tribe's steez (along with De La, Jungle Bros, etc...) originated some shit. If you keep the time line in order, the Tribe sound was pretty much unheard of up until they came out.

fixed

Indeed
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009, 2:26 am

I put 3 because the first 3 are widely accepted as classic. I personally think the 4th album is right up there, but I can understand why others wouldn't, so I didn't think it would fly.

I agree, though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The 90's Day 2   Album Of The 90's Day 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album Of The 90's Day 2
Page 1 of 1