Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic

Go down 
+4
TheHazardous
Half
Justin Linker
N. Scott
8 posters
AuthorMessage
N. Scott
Jump!
Jump!
N. Scott

Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Empty
PostSubject: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 10:07 pm

Book just came out on the 28th.Authors Michael Eric Dyson and Sohail Daulatzai.

Heres the description

The best and brightest writers of the hip-hop generation reflect upon the era's landmark album: Nas's Illmatic.
From the moment then nineteen-year-old Nasir "Nas" Jones began recording tracks for his debut album the hip-hop world was forever changed. Released in 1994, Illmatic, was hailed as a masterpiece and is one of the most influentialalbums in hip-hop history. In Born to Use Mics, Michael Eric Dyson and Sohail Daulatzai have brought together the brightest minds to reflect upon and engage one of the most incisive sets of songs ever laid down on wax.

Illmatic stays in my top 3 albums of all time.I know i'll be picking this up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 10:17 pm

That sounds AWESOME! Illmatic is my fav album of all time so I'll pick it up as well.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 10:34 pm

Fuck a book.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 10:50 pm

N. Scott wrote:
Book just came out on the 28th.Authors Michael Eric Dyson and Sohail Daulatzai.

Heres the description

The best and brightest writers of the hip-hop generation reflect upon the era's landmark album: Nas's Illmatic.
From the moment then nineteen-year-old Nasir "Nas" Jones began recording tracks for his debut album the hip-hop world was forever changed. Released in 1994, Illmatic, was hailed as a masterpiece and is one of the most influentialalbums in hip-hop history. In Born to Use Mics, Michael Eric Dyson and Sohail Daulatzai have brought together the brightest minds to reflect upon and engage one of the most incisive sets of songs ever laid down on wax.

Illmatic stays in my top 3 albums of all time.I know i'll be picking this up.

Nice avatar mayne....
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 2:10 am

ditto

N. Scott where did you get the new avatar? I like that one.
Back to top Go down
N. Scott
Jump!
Jump!
N. Scott

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 9:00 am

Googled girls wearing space jams.I got two pair when they came out.Not the two in the picture...but still.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 9:30 am

Scott you must remove that avatar man I won't be able to read any of your post at work man..lol. I luv it but damn son I don't like speed reading.
Back to top Go down
N. Scott
Jump!
Jump!
N. Scott

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 9:38 am

LOL.I'll keep the post short,but I'm not gonna switch the avatar.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 9:47 am

Illmatic is dope, but i personally do not care to read writers splooge over the album. I will not be buying it. I will just spin Illmatic and let it take me back.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 7:31 pm

N. Scott wrote:
Googled girls wearing space jams.

Didn't notice they were wearing shoes, lol.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 7:47 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Illmatic is dope, but i personally do not care to read writers splooge over the album. I will not be buying it. I will just spin Illmatic and let it take me back.

Seems like you could read one of the 513 5-star reviews on Amazon...plenty of splooge on that page.
Back to top Go down
N. Scott
Jump!
Jump!
N. Scott

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 9:58 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Seems like you could read one of the 513 5-star reviews on Amazon...plenty of splooge on that page.

Y'all don't got it at 5 *s ?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 10:08 pm

I do. Check my Amazon review. lol (but really, I wrote one, and it's 5 stars)
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jan 2010, 12:21 am

N. Scott wrote:
Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Y'all don't got it at 5 *s ?

I think it's 5 stars, but i've heard how great it is for the past 15 years. I'm not gonna pay money to hear these two say the same thing i've already heard.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jan 2010, 12:24 am

Indeed Terry..if I'm gonna read something its gonna be something more educating...like how 2 women play ping-pong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jan 2010, 12:38 am

KRob86 wrote:
Scott you must remove that avatar man I won't be able to read any of your post at work man..lol. I luv it but damn son I don't like speed reading.

And your avatar is appropriate, Kev? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic   Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Born to Use Mics...Reading Nas's Illmatic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: