Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Empty
PostSubject: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 12:47 pm

("Relapse? Try Rehash")
2.9999 stars out of 5...or 3 outta 5, if you wanna be a little girl about it...

[Insert stereotypical career-bio leading up to the relase of this album]
....So,according to press,blogs and such, Eminem kicked a slew of body-killing substances to ultimatley put his effort into making 'Relapse', an album of gimmicky,novelty songs, chock-filled with one-liners about throw away,E! Network worthy Pop Culture of the present. 'We Made You' was insanely predictable as the first single and more than put a bad taste in my mouth the first(and last) time i bothered to listen to it. Eminem goes after the skeletons in his closet once again on this LP; tracks like 'My Mom' fill this portion of the album. 'Aint I a Stinker', solidifies the ridiculousness to be further heard on 'Relapse'. A few highlights-'Deja Vu','Beautiful','Bagpipes....' ,'Insane' and 'My Mom' offer decent production and a cadence "only EM" can pull off. Kinda sad that a track that brings 50,Dre and Slim together, is titled 'Crack a Bottle'. The chorus is elementary, and the idea of them coming together and offering this, is kind of upsetting.Overall a goofy and playful album, with moments of Marshall Mathers quality seriousness. Im just puzzled as to how he became clean.....then made this, like it was supposed to be the eye opener, the breath of fresh air? A potential sequel is around the corner...whether he's on drugs or not during its creation will.....well, not really make a difference at all..peace- KSTK1
Back to top Go down

'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 3:40 pm

you're wrong

you're wrong colonel sanders!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 4:27 pm

I like the album a lot and think Dre blessed him some some nice beats. Em has that hunger in his flow and delivery again and the lyrics are back to that psycho shock value rap with style. Only knocks is that damn voiceo n to many songs and that predictable ass single so I agree with you there acrid. I give it a 4.0 as of now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 4:48 pm

Dang Acrid. I didn't even think the album was that bad, and I'm really not an Eminem fan. I thought it was a decent comeback album, considering how bad Encore was. Hell, most artists who go away for some years and return don't usually make a good comeback anyway. His was decent. I listened to the whole thing, and I'd have to admit that I wouldn't have that cd in heavy rotation, but it was decent for what it was. For me, the singles don't do the album any justice. The best single was 3am. I have to agree with your stance on We Made You, though. That single was straight boo boo. I initially downloaded the album so I could hear it before I bought it. I don't think I would buy it simply because it has low replay value (for me anyway).
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 5:46 pm

this is a really good album, definitely surpassed my expectations. Dre's beats are incredible on this, only thing holding it back was the accent, and some of the subject matter, but i couldnt be happier that Eminem is saying what he wants and not giving a fuck
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 6:24 pm

This wasnt a blind bash here, people. I checked out the album and dropped a personal review. Nothing mind-blowing or anything out of his element-he stuck to his Slim Shady formula creating a "goofy and playful" album or business as usual. Probably top-10 on people's list at the end of 09....im just not ready, probably ever will be, to hold this 'comeback' on any pedestal-

Last edited by acrid.one on Fri 29 May 2009, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 6:25 pm

what albums do you have ahead of this for 2009?
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 6:26 pm

good question...ill get back to that...that kinda answer doesnt come to me as quick as it does for others....
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

PostSubject: Re: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 10:18 am

i thought the album was dope as well. I didnt have high expectations for relapse based on the two singles, but Eminem surprised me. A lot of people have been saying that Dr. Dre was wack on this album but I disagree. Drecame thru on the boards as well. Overall still not his but definitely a solid comeback. I give it a 4/5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 3:33 pm

It's not that bad of an album. 3.5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one   'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Relapse' review from a subtle observer of Slim's career,not a fan..-acrid.one
Page 1 of 1