Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canibus-Melatonin Magik

Go down 
+5
Laced With Slang
Z-membu
Jason
Esco
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Canibus-Melatonin Magik Empty
PostSubject: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 12:28 am

Damn, if only he had these beats when he could still spit. He sounds like he's got his hunger back, but where'd his notebook from like 97-00 go?

Guests definitely showed his ass up, and a lot of them don't even really make sense. D12 still stick out like sore thumbs on a Eminem diss track. And song titles (like the last few albums) seem to just be random phrases from his lyrics that stuck out of to him instead of concepts or hooks or anything of matter. Shouting shit over and over randomly doesn't warrant a song title, Bis.

3 stars...maybe? Glad I didn't blind buy this.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 4:49 am

D12 dissing Em?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:07 am

Tran...smh.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:45 am

where'd you get a copy of this Nero?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 12:23 pm

It's this magic bunch of tubes called the "internet".
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 2:37 pm

N3R0 wrote:

Might have to check the internet sometime then. I meant a link, or a website hosting it cause all I could find was leaked individual tracks.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 3:20 pm

Esco wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

Might have to check the internet sometime then. I meant a link, or a website hosting it cause all I could find was leaked individual tracks.

Google.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 3:54 pm

try Filestube.com
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 9:43 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Damn, if only he had these beats when he could still spit. He sounds like he's got his hunger back, but where'd his notebook from like 97-00 go?

Guests definitely showed his ass up, and a lot of them don't even really make sense. D12 still stick out like sore thumbs on a Eminem diss track. And song titles (like the last few albums) seem to just be random phrases from his lyrics that stuck out of to him instead of concepts or hooks or anything of matter. Shouting shit over and over randomly doesn't warrant a song title, Bis.

3 stars...maybe? Glad I didn't blind buy this.

damn sad to hear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 10:53 pm

Fuck that bullshit review, this is a dope album. It starts off slow but at the half way point it contains some real bangers, especially Dead By Design and Only Slaves D.R.E.A.M.

After one spin I'd say it's 4 stars, could go up in time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:37 pm

What's with the hatred. Dead By Design was leaked last year, I don't award points for dope singles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 9:53 am

N3R0 wrote:
What's with the hatred. Dead By Design was leaked last year, I don't award points for dope singles.

There's no hatred, I'm just saying that I disagree with your review.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 11:25 am

I don't know why I even bother downloading his albums anymore. Nostalgia, I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 12:26 pm

Jason wrote:
I don't know why I even bother downloading his albums anymore. Nostalgia, I guess.

Exactly. What would you give this album, Jason?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 2:29 pm

2/5

The production is okay, but it's repetitive. Canibus' flow is weaker than ever, and lyrically he's unfocused and pretty much all over the place.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 2:37 pm

2 seems a little harsh, but overall i agree with your assessment. The album did nothing to change my opinion of Canibus one way or another. He is/was a gifted lyricist who has no idea how to craft a hip hop album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 2:44 pm

SMH, I can't say I'm surprised that y'all don't like this album. I disagree with most of Jason's opinions so it's whatever. It's no classic, but it's FAR from wack.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 2:57 pm

i just listened to the samples and it sounds like theres a good amount of bangers on here...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 3:08 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
SMH, I can't say I'm surprised that y'all don't like this album. I disagree with most of Jason's opinions so it's whatever. It's no classic, but it's FAR from wack.

It's definitely not wack. it's a solid album, but there's nothing on here i will want to reach for a year from now.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 10:54 pm

ive been on a Canibus binge this week, i listened to Can-i-Bus for the first time in a WHILE, and i still think its a decent album thats unfairly hated on. Also, 2000 BC is damn near classic

as for this album, ive got through it once, but i havent had enough time to digest the lyrics, he sounds better than people are saying on this, and lyrically he seems to still have it, but its not the same as he was back then obviously. Ill get back to you later with more listenes

Bis is heavily underrated on this forum

75% of the guests on Melatonin Magik are wack though, get DZK and some of these other clowns the fuck away from all recording studios
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 11:17 pm

I co-sign about the guest appearances. They were wack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 1:03 am

DZK is dope, Copywrite, and a few others were dope. Fool. Slang, DZK is Wu. Also, you couldn't spot his voice on a posse cut.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 12:10 pm

N3R0 wrote:
DZK is dope, Copywrite, and a few others were dope. Fool. Slang, DZK is Wu. Also, you couldn't spot his voice on a posse cut.

Copywrite was dope and there were a couple good ones, but DZK did nothing for me, i dont care if he's Wu or not, all of M-80's new cronies are pretty bad...including M-80 himself
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 3:15 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Fuck that bullshit review, this is a dope album. It starts off slow but at the half way point it contains some real bangers, especially Dead By Design and Only Slaves D.R.E.A.M.

I can never trust NERO or anyone on this forum it comes to Canibus. Its like people are bias against him. Also if you're gonna do a review gad daammit do it right. I wanna see a picture of the album cover. I wanna know why you gave it 3 stars or 5 stars. I will do a full accurate review of this album tonight (MAR 11) that I already got on my 2010 top ten radar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 3:58 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I can never trust NERO or anyone on this forum it comes to Canibus. Its like people are bias against him. Also if you're gonna do a review gad daammit do it right. I wanna see a picture of the album cover. I wanna know why you gave it 3 stars or 5 stars. I will do a full accurate review of this album tonight (MAR 11) that I already got on my 2010 top ten radar

N3ro got punked like a biiiiiiiiiiiitch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 4:08 pm

I have never honestly checked out any Canibus solo album at all. But I must say I like this one. I'd give it 3.75 or so easily right now.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010, 4:09 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I have never honestly checked out any Canibus solo album at all. But I must say I like this one. I'd give it 3.75 or so easily right now.

i would check out 2000 BC, Rip the Jacker, and Mic Club: The Curriculum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 1:09 pm

Mic Club is awful IMO outside of 2 songs.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 2:01 pm

Mic Club is dope
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 4:10 pm

Mic Club is one of Canibus' best albums
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010, 4:20 pm

lol....
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canibus-Melatonin Magik   Canibus-Melatonin Magik Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canibus-Melatonin Magik
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: