Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package

Go down 
+5
Alan
E. Taylor
Shaun
T. Myers
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Empty
PostSubject: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 6:32 pm

I was skeptical on this one. Jake One is one of my favorite producers and Freeway is dope when he's on, just didn't know how crucial this CD would be. One spin and this joint is super dope. Definitely my Number 2 album so far this year after the Mr. Sche.

Production and emceeing is a notch above the Statik Selektah project IMO.

Jake One outdid himself and Freeway came hard.

The dope packaging made this one crucial, but the music is banging as well. Got this probably in the 4.25 - 4.5 range.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 6:35 pm

Dope to hear, can't wait until my pre-order arrives.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 8:54 pm

I'm gonna play it safe and give it 4.5 stars as of now. I love everything about the album from the beats, the lyrics, and the artwork. It's easily the best album i've heard so far this year. Jake One's production is amazing, and Free is on point
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 9:21 pm

This album is definitely fire, the dopest Freeway has ever come IMO. Big Ups to Jake One and Rhymesayers, I hope he stays there, fuck Cash Money. Jake laced him with some bangin ass beats, and Free doesn't sound as gruffy as usual on this joint.

After the first spin, I gave this album 4.25 stars, but after another spin I'm almost inclined to call this a classic because there's absolutely nothing wack on here. It's just that certain tracks grab me more than others. I'll co-sign Terry and say 4.5 for now though. After I spin this a few more times I'll decide whether or not it truly deserves a classic rating.

Never Gonna Change is the song of the year thus far.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 8:59 am

I was tempted to call it a classic too KJ, but i'm not one to openly call an album 5 stars right out of the gate. Make no mistake though. there is nothing wack about this album. not one song, beat, verse, or even guest(Birdman was surprisingly enjoyable). was wack or out of place IMO. only time will tell it's true fate.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 9:02 am

I bumped this twice throughout the morning, and it's definitely AOTY as of now. Nothing wack about it, indeed. The Product>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 9:14 am

The Product is my favorite track too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 2:09 pm

The Product is a banger. I loved the way he switched his flow on Never Gonna Change though.

When I saw that Birdman was on the album I thought it was gonna be an immediate skip track, but the beat carried him through the song.

I recommend this album to everyone on this forum not named Trotter or Pounds.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 2:37 pm

Pounds said he was gonna buy it. Whether he likes it is a different story, but he said he was copping it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:00 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Pounds said he was gonna buy it. Whether he likes it is a different story, but he said he was copping it.

Well if he said he was actually gonna cop it then he may end up diggin it. I'm shocked that SRP liked the album as much as he did, so I'm sure Pounds will give it at least 4 stars.

If Jake One can bring it like this from here on out, he'll end up becoming an elite producer. He should hook up with Beanie Sigel sometime.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:06 pm

Have you heard White Van Music?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:09 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Have you heard White Van Music?

Yeah that album was dope. I loved the MOP and Posdanous tracks, but this is his best work IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:24 pm

this is definitely doper IMO. I just wasn't sure if this was your intro to Jake One or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:25 pm

I was surprised KJ liked this album so much considering it is actually good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 4:02 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
I was surprised KJ liked this album so much considering it is actually good.

I had the exact same thought about YOU when I saw that you dig this album.

And by the way, Mr Sche sucks donkey dick!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 4:14 pm

Immortal Thug>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stoney Jackson

When you bump both all the way through then you can talk KJ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 4:30 pm

Sche rappin is like verbal diarrhea. I listened to like 3 songs and was like "damn this dude sucks". I'll try to listen to it all the way through, but if my ears bleed while doing so I'm holding you personally responsible Pedro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 4:31 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Sche rappin is like verbal diarrhea. I listened to like 3 songs and was like "damn this dude sucks". I'll try to listen to it all the way through, but if my ears bleed while doing so I'm holding you personally responsible Pedro.

I can't control how many penises you allow in your ears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 4:37 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I can't control how many penises you allow in your ears.

I don't have dicks shoved in any part of my body unlike you.

But seriously man, I know you love Southern Hip-Hop and all but you honestly think that the Sche album is better than Freeway's??? That's crazy. Dude is terrible. He makes Master P sound like BDK in his prime. LMAO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 4:47 pm

Immortal Thug is dope son.... the beats are bangin... he is like KRS One to me - he is not the most lyrical, but his words speak truth and honesty. Pay attention to the words....
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 4:47 pm

Ah, it's great to see someone out of Seattle finally getting some well earn exposure.

Hopefully Vitamin D and Bean One are up next.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 10:00 am

Anyone else pick this up yet? It's still holding strong for me.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 3:10 pm

Still waiting for it in the mail. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 5:43 pm

I'm playing it in the car currently and so far so good. But i'm only on trk 3.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 9:06 pm

Damn, I'm snoozing hard on this album. I can't rip myself away from the funk long enough to peep a second album so far this year.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 9:12 pm

V
V
V
V

...dope album..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 1:55 pm

Its a real solid album and is my number one for 2010 as of now. I don't hear anything classic or very special about it but is is a good cohesive album. It may be his 2nd best album to date. I got it at a 3.75 on 1st listen.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 2:03 pm

"Its a real solid album and is my number one for 2010 as of now. I don't hear anything classic or very special about it but is is a good cohesive album. It may be his 2nd best album to date. I got it at a 3.75 on 1st listen. "

Well... it's not as good as Loso's Way... but it's still dope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 4:03 pm

Huh?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 4:06 pm

I was just making a joke because you had Loso's Way in the top last year but you give this a 3.75... lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 4:13 pm

Shaun wrote:
I was just making a joke because you had Loso's Way in the top last year but you give this a 3.75... lol

3.75 is not a bad rating, every good album is not only a 4.0 or higher. And this Freeway with some time may make my final top 10 for this year just like Loso did. Its to early to tell right now as you already kow kind sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 4:46 pm

The Stimulus Package>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Loso's Way
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010, 4:10 pm

Loso's Way is borderline wack...at least what ive heard from it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010, 5:08 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Loso's Way is borderline wack...at least what ive heard from it

I've got it at about 3.5-3.75, but if you don't like Fab at all then you won't like it. It's about his 3rd best album.

In any event, it ain't fuckin with The Stimulus Package.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 3:48 pm

Just bought this and it's easily album of the year so far. No filler on this album at all.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 3:06 pm

Just heard this album, and I can't stop playing it. Nothing but pure crack from start to finish. Definitely going to be a top contender for 2010.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 9:04 pm

I just bought this today and I can't wait to spin this joint.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 9:07 pm

dang, you've been sleeping Wayne. It's still holding strong as album of the year.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 9:08 pm

"dang, you've been sleeping Wayne. It's still holding strong as album of the year."

If you don't count 100 Proof.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 9:15 pm

Shaun wrote:
"dang, you've been sleeping Wayne. It's still holding strong as album of the year."

I am counting 100 Proof, and that's about to get knocked out by Deck and BLH.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 10:04 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Shaun wrote:

I am counting 100 Proof, and that's about to get knocked out by Deck and BLH.

BLH may be at the top after a few more spins
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 8:53 pm

Just got finished listening to this today. Great album. 4.5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 7:00 pm

T. Myers wrote:
The Product is my favorite track too.

Very close to mine as well....

She Makes Me Feel Alright is also one of my favorites along with the intro and opener. More to follow with more listens.

Very good album though. Freeway's flow didn't do much for me when I first picked up the album. But after some time, his passion became the reason I kept listening. And of course, these stellar fucking Jake One beats.

4 stars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package   Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freeway and Jake One - The Stimulus Package
Page 1 of 1