Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diamond District "In The Ruff"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Diamond District "In The Ruff" Empty
PostSubject: Diamond District "In The Ruff"   Diamond District "In The Ruff" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 9:58 am

I didn't see a review for this one and thought that it needed one. I bought 22 albums in the past month and i can't take this one out of rotation. I don't want to overhype it because it's new to me but through about 10 listens it could become my favorite release of 09. This album is what east coast boom bap is supposed to sound like. The production by Oddisee is nothing short of amazing. X.O. and Yu do a great job spitting over the beats. I really can't see this one ever falling under a 4.5 for me. There's nothing wrong with it and i'm confident that it will stand the test of time. Most of you have probably already heard it, if you haven't do yourself a favor and check it out.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Diamond District "In The Ruff" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diamond District "In The Ruff"   Diamond District "In The Ruff" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 11:15 am

Co-sign. Production is flawless on this one. The emcees are cool, but I think the production hides their flaws well. 4.5 for me...creeping up to a 5 every day.

This and the instrumentals never leave my disc changer...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

Diamond District "In The Ruff"
Page 1 of 1