Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wale "Attention Deficit"

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Norfeest
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Wale "Attention Deficit" Empty
PostSubject: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 10:53 am

Anybody else check this album out from last year? I did not want any part of his career honestly at first but i'm glad I gave this one a spin. The dude can spit and is pretty creative subject matter wise. I mean he's not the 2nd coming of Nas or Rakim but for this rookie class he stands out. I am going to spin this one some more and make sure its not 1st listen hype but any open minded listener on this forum should at the very least say this is a decent album mos def.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 11:03 am

I got it at 3.5 right now. Nothing out of this world, but definitely good.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 11:34 am

Kopasetick wrote:
I got it at 3.5 right now. Nothing out of this world, but definitely good.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 11:35 am

The album started off strong, but it went down fast just like the 2009 NY Giants
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Mar 2010, 1:00 pm

Good point Terry, I noticed that around trk 10 and then on. I think the rpoduciton was real good for the most part though. He should'nt have put all those slow songs back to back toward the end imo. 3.5-3.75 seems like a real fair rating.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 1:31 am

I agree with that rating Kev of a 3.5-3.75. A couple of my boys actually have the "Back To The Feature" mixtape ranked higher than "Attention Deficit". I definitely like the "Hot Shyt" track from there better than anything that I like on "Attention Deficit".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 12:16 pm

Shit was dec, nothing more, nothing less. A typical debut on a major label with too much A&R involvement.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 3:20 pm

i liked it, got it around a 3.5 stars. had some dope ass tracks like that mirror song
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitimeTue 16 Mar 2010, 2:49 pm

3.75-4. I disagree with you guys saying it fell off towards the end. The last 4 tracks are dope. Prescription is great and so is contemplate. The middle has got some filler for sure, but the album starts and ends real strong.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitimeTue 16 Mar 2010, 3:53 pm

booerns wrote:
3.75-4. I disagree with you guys saying it fell off towards the end. The last 4 tracks are dope. Prescription is great and so is contemplate. The middle has got some filler for sure, but the album starts and ends real strong.

Co-sign 100 percent. I actually love the songs toward the end. I thought some of the songs in the middle was what hurted the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wale "Attention Deficit"   Wale "Attention Deficit" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wale "Attention Deficit"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: