Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the most impressive record in sports history?

Go down 
+7
Shaun
E. Taylor
Half
ACRID"
Laced With Slang
Esco
T. Myers
11 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What is the most impressive record in sports history? Empty
PostSubject: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 8:22 am

No poll today since there are literally thousands of records. Just list the record that is most impressive to you. Is it UCONN's win streak in Women's Basketball? Is it E. Smith's rushing record? Tom Brady's single season TD record? Pete Rose's hits record? Michael phelps winning 8 gold medals? Who/what you got?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 8:24 am

For me, this is an easy choice. The most impressive record is, was, and always will be Joe Dimaggio's hit streak.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 10:54 am

Wilt Chamberlain's 100 points in a game is pretty impressive to me. Not only did he make a shitload of free throws while being a shitty free throw shooter, he did it all without 3's.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 10:56 am

Kobe's 81 is more impressive to me than Wilt's 100, just sayin
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 10:57 am

72 Miami Dolphins Perfect Season(with a Super Bowl win)...

..On any given Sunday-they won...............Patriots fans have their argument that they played more games and it holds more weight-but you have to(you must) consider the inflation of the NFL schedule into the argument...and that New England DID NOT WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

Perfect Season: Regular-Playoffs-Super Bowl

Last edited by The Homie, Acrid on Tue 23 Mar 2010, 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 10:57 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Kobe's 81 is more impressive to me than Wilt's 100, just sayin

81 is less than 100.. just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 11:27 am

The Homie, Acrid wrote:

..On any given Sunday-they won...............Patriots fans have their argument that they played more games and it holds more weight-but you have to(you must) consider the inflation of the NFL schedule into the argument

Definitely man. Only thing else I can think of that I think is really exceptional is Dimaggio's streak, but I'm not a big baseball fan so it goes to the Dolphins.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 12:11 pm

Cal Ripken's consecutive games played streak. Will never be touched.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 12:52 pm

"Is it UCONN's win streak in Women's Basketball?"

UCLA's men's squad is a better streak...

As for Wilt Chamberlain... I think his 61-62 season was more impressive than the 100 point game. Averaging 50+ points and 25+ rebounds; that's probably the best record... from the NBA, anyways.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 12:56 pm

I don't know aboutyou Shaun, but I'm more impressed when a woman is able to do something right day in and day out. Just because most men don't see that sort of thing in our daily lives.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 12:59 pm

Well... is it that they're doing something right, or that all the other teams are doing something wrong?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 1:01 pm

Shaun wrote:
Well... is it that they're doing something right, or that all the other teams are doing something wrong?

well, since they are playing against other women, it's possible the other women are screw ups, but that makes UCONN look that much better. It's like they are Navy SEALS or something
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 1:03 pm

18-1 *cues drumroll*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 1:04 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Is it UCONN's win streak in Women's Basketball?"

UCLA's men's squad is a better streak...

As for Wilt Chamberlain... I think his 61-62 season was more impressive than the 100 point game. Averaging 50+ points and 25+ rebounds; that's probably the best record... from the NBA, anyways.

The UConn women are on the verge of surpassing the UCLA men's streak. If they do that then it's got to rank as more impressive.

Wilt's 100 point game >>>>>>>>>> Kobe's 81 point game. As Esco previously mentioned, he did it despite being a below average free throw shooter and didn't shoot 3's.

But overall, I agree with Terry. DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak is without question the most impressive. Hitting a baseball at high speed is probably the toughest thing to do in sports, and nobody has touched the streak in almost 70 years. The closest anyone has come was Pete Rose in 1978 with a 44 game hit streak.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 2:28 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Cal Ripken's consecutive games played streak. Will never be touched.

it wont be touched cuz players are pussies now, he gets praise for being fortunate to not have health problems and showing up to work every day? Its a great record but it doesnt rank that high at all for me
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 2:32 pm

Co-sign Slang. It will never be touched, but it wasn't all about skill. that's why it isn't as impressive to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 4:30 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Co-sign Slang. It will never be touched, but it wasn't all about skill. that's why it isn't as impressive to me.

True, if anything Brett Favre's streak in football is more impressive because it's a contact sport.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 5:38 pm

me gettin 248 lines playing tetris on gameboy
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 6:51 pm

lounge wrote:
me gettin 248 lines playing tetris on gameboy

LMAO!

But yeah....Kareem Adul Jabbar will probably die with the all time scoring mark. Maybe not the most impressive, but I thought I'd put it out there. No one will touch that record for a looooooooooong time...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 7:45 pm

kareem was awesome man.. i went all out a lil while back and bought all them dvd boxsets of the 80's grand final series of lakers and celtics... they didnt wear dresses back then either
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 11:31 am

The Homie, Acrid wrote:

..On any given Sunday-they won...............Patriots fans have their argument that they played more games and it holds more weight-but you have to(you must) consider the inflation of the NFL schedule into the argument...and that New England DID NOT WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

CO-SIGNAGE...the NFL is the toughest league to win in IMO and when you run the table COMPLETELY then that has to count for something...this is the most impressive record in all of sports by a looong way IMO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most impressive record in sports history?   What is the most impressive record in sports history? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the most impressive record in sports history?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: