Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fabolous

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 8:21 pm

Man, what a day. Before I get to Fabolous, just thought I'd mention a few things:

1) I bought Snoop's "More Malice" and Freeway & DJ Jake One's "Stimulus Package".

2) I'm a little pissed @ Best Buy (and someone mentioned this on the site yesterday) because I was looking for Sadat X's "Wild Cowboys II" and they didn't have it. Best Buy is one of my favorite stores, but come on now, lol!

NOW, we can get to Fabolous.

I'm almost towards the end of his incredible mixtape with DJ Drama, "There's No Competition 2" (possibly the hardest mixtape out now), and this guy was spitting throughout the entire cd. He's one of the rare artists who I liked initially when he first came out, and then I stopped liking him for a while, but with the release of his "Loso's Way" album last year, and I was so impressed that not only did I buy that album, but I bought the rest of his discography last month also. Your thoughts on "Loso".
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 8:32 pm

I did not like him at all when he first dropped. But I gave his 1st album an honest listen and have been cool with him since. Is he one of the best rappers ever? Nope. But I enjoy is music and he is one of the best emcees from this post 2000 era. He's a betta rapper than a lot of rappers who get all the spotlight imo ex. Lil Wayne and Ludacris. He makes good radio songs without really selling out and that is a rare find.

I need to check out that mixtape though you're like the 3rd person I have heard say something good about it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 8:34 pm

He's not better than Luda...

But, Fab is cool with me. His first album and Real Talk are both real dope. 'I Can't Deny It' was my favorite song for a long time.
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 8:39 pm

Shaun wrote:
He's not better than Luda...

But, Fab is cool with me. His first album and Real Talk are both real dope. 'I Can't Deny It' was my favorite song for a long time.

Co-Sign, except that Breathe and Keepin It Gangsta are my favs by him. I like those two albums, and Loso's Way is about 3.5-3.75 IMO.

The problem with Fab though, is that he comes doper on his mixtapes and freestyles than his albums. A lot of MC's suffer from that problem. I don't know why they do that, It pisses me off when MC's do that because you stop to think just how dope they would be if they brought the heat every time they pick up the mic.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 8:40 pm

"Co-Sign, except that Breathe and Keepin It Gangsta are my favs by him. I like those two albums, and Loso's Way is about 3.5-3.75 IMO. "

Yeah, Breathe is probably my favorite Fab track nowadays. Way back when, though, nothing could touch I Can't Deny It
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 8:47 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I need to check out that mixtape though you're like the 3rd person I have heard say something good about it.

Please do so. You won't regret it. That mixtape, along with Bun B's No Mixtape and Cam'ron Boss of All Bosses 2, are 3 of the best mixtapes out right now.
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 8:49 pm

Shaun wrote:
He's not better than Luda.

I have to respectively disagree on this one. Luda's tight, but Fab's better.
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 8:52 pm

Shaun wrote:
A lot of MC's suffer from that problem. I don't know why they do that, It pisses me off when MC's do that because you stop to think just how dope they would be if they brought the heat every time they pick up the mic.

Completely cosign.

Last edited by Wayne on Tue 23 Mar 2010, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 10:04 pm

Luda's better than Fab easily. Fab's flow is dope but his neither his lyrics nor his discography are as good as Luda's.
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 11:04 pm

Fab's lyrics>Luda's lyrics, easily. I'm surprised you'd say that, KJ. Fabo's Ghetto Fabulous is a classic IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 8:05 am

N3R0 wrote:
Fab's lyrics>Luda's lyrics, easily. I'm surprised you'd say that, KJ. Fabo's Ghetto Fabulous is a classic IMO.

Easily? Really? Fab and Luda are on par with each other IMO. I'd give the slight edge to Fab if i was forced into it. How anyone can prefer to listen to Fab's discog over Luda's is beyond me. I would say Fab's debut is a personal classic. It doesn't get the fanfare it deserves IMO, but after that his discog is uneven. Aside from Luda's newest album, Luda has always delivered above average to great albums.
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 9:35 am

T. Myers wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

Easily? Really? Fab and Luda are on par with each other IMO. I'd give the slight edge to Fab if i was forced into it. How anyone can prefer to listen to Fab's discog over Luda's is beyond me. I would say Fab's debut is a personal classic. It doesn't get the fanfare it deserves IMO, but after that his discog is uneven. Aside from Luda's newest album, Luda has always delivered above average to great albums.

I agree with most of what you were saying, but I still consider Fab easily the better mc based purely on skill, while Luda obviously knows how to make better albums.
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 10:05 am

I prefer Fab albums maybe a tad over Luda albums. But I can see why Terry would say his discog is uneven. He's trying to please so many ears and when you don't have the natural talent to do that this happens. I'll take Word Of Mouf and Theater Of The Mind over almost any Fab album except Loso's Way.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 10:08 am

You like Loso's Way more than his debut? I may need to revist Loso's Way soon. I remember it being solid but noting great. I got it around 3.5-3.75 stars.
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 10:15 am

I think I like Loso's Way so much because I was not expecting anything to good and it surprised me. Its not classic or even anywhere near that. I got it at 4.0-4.25 maybe. Not far from where you have it. That 1st one is good but it lost re[play value with me for some reason.
Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 10:28 am

Luda is tons better than Fab if you ask me. Fab just has more corny punchlines packed into his verses but I don't think that makes him any more lyrical than Luda or a better emcee. Outside his first CD, which I loved partly cause I was in college and it was on that corny.funny punchline shit, nothing in his catalog even comes close to touching Luda.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 10:49 am

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Luda is tons better than Fab if you ask me. Fab just has more corny punchlines packed into his verses but I don't think that makes him any more lyrical than Luda or a better emcee. Outside his first CD, which I loved partly cause I was in college and it was on that corny.funny punchline shit, nothing in his catalog even comes close to touching Luda.

Back to top Go down

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 1:24 pm

N3R0 wrote:

I disagree with that. Ghetto Fab is dope but not classic. I remember buying that album and The Blueprint on the same day, and I played (and still play) Blueprint tons more. Ghetto Fab is his best effort but not classic like Blueprint is. I also rank Back For The First Time and Word Of Mouf over it as well.

Fab is an excellent freestyle MC (probably on par with Luda in that catagory) but his LP's range from good to mediorce. Most of Luda's albums are 4 stars or better, I only have two of Fab's albums rated over 4 stars, Ghetto Fab and Real Talk. The rest range from good to sub-par. The only truly wack Luda album was Battle Of The Sexes.

Basically, what I'm saying is that Luda is a much more complete MC than Fabolous. Fab is more comparable to someone like Cassidy than Luda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fabolous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fabolous   Fabolous Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fabolous
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: