Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movie Verses

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
D.Powell
Half
Laced With Slang
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Movie Versus   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 7:14 pm

Scarface vs Godfather

Boyz N The Hood vs Menace II Society

Nightmare On Elm Street vs Friday The 13th

Rocky vs Raging Bull

The Longest Yard vs Remember The Titans

Goodfellas vs Pulp Fiction

American Pie vs The Hangover

Cooley High vs Do The Right Thing

Friday vs House Party

Spider Man 2 vs The Dark Knight

Star Wars trilogy vs Lord Of The Rings trilogy

Saving Private Ryan vs Full Metal Jacket
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 7:24 pm

Scarface vs Godfather - Godfather

Boyz N The Hood vs Menace II Society - Menace II Society

Nightmare On Elm Street vs Friday The 13th - Nightmare on Elm Street

Rocky vs Raging Bull - damn this is tough ill go Rocky though barely

The Longest Yard vs Remember The Titans - Remember the Titans

Goodfellas vs Pulp Fiction - Pulp Fiction, but two of my favorite movies

American Pie vs The Hangover - gotta go with the OG American Pie

Cooley High vs Do The Right Thing - havent seen Cooley High

Friday vs House Party - this is realy close too but Friday wins

Spider Man 2 vs The Dark Knight - The Dark Knight

Star Wars trilogy vs Lord Of The Rings trilogy - Star Wars

Saving Private Ryan vs Full Metal Jacket - i liked Full Metal Jacket more
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 7:26 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Scarface vs Godfather

Nightmare On Elm Street
vs Friday The 13th

Rocky vs Raging Bull

Friday vs House Party

Star Wars trilogy
vs Lord Of The Rings trilogy

All blowouts.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:00 pm

Scarface vs Godfather-almost a PUSH..but I'm going with Scarface..two legendary movies though!

Boyz N The Hood vs Menace II Society-Menace was better IMO

Nightmare On Elm Street vs Friday The 13th-Friday the 13th by quite a bit

Rocky vs Raging Bull-two great movies but I'm going with a young DeNiro here...Jake LaMotta wins!

The Longest Yard vs Remember The Titans-again two great movies but Burt and Co win for me

Goodfellas vs Pulp Fiction-two bangers here....and Goodfellas pulls it out

American Pie vs The Hangover-The Hangover by 50,000 football field miles

Cooley High vs Do The Right Thing-two classics...but I'm going with Spike

Friday vs House Party-Friday was funnier...it wins

Spider Man 2 vs The Dark Knight-The Dark Knight by quite a bit..if it was the first Spider-Man then that wins comfortably

Star Wars trilogy vs Lord Of The Rings trilogy-Stars Wars by so much thats it's an infinite amount...lol

Saving Private Ryan vs Full Metal Jacket-wow...two great war flicks..but Full Metal Jacket was more memorable IMO!
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:04 pm

Scarface vs Godfather

Rocky vs Raging Bull

Cooley High vs Do The Right Thing- This one was tough but Spike wins by a hair

Friday vs House Party

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:20 pm

Scarface vs Godfather-EASILY

Boyz N The Hood vs Menace II Society-by a hair

Rocky vs Raging Bull-I was gonna say push, but i probably watch Rocky a tiny bit more

Goodfellas vs Pulp Fiction-Goodfellas is so good it's actually scary. Pulp Fiction is the epitome of overrated

American Pie vs The Hangover-N'A still haven't seen The Hangover

Friday vs House Party-but i love both

Spider Man 2 vs The Dark Knight-this wasn't close at all

Star Wars trilogy vs Lord Of The Rings trilogy-I assume it was the original trilogy, but if it wasn't, LOTR wins

Saving Private Ryan vs Full Metal Jacket-
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:23 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Scarface vs Godfather-EASILY

Boyz N The Hood vs Menace II Society-by a hair

Rocky vs Raging Bull-I was gonna say push, but i probably watch Rocky a tiny bit more

Goodfellas vs Pulp Fiction-Pulp Fiction is so good it's actually scary. Goodfellas is the epitome of overrated

American Pie vs The Hangover-N'A still haven't seen The Hangover

Friday vs House Party-but i love both

Spider Man 2 vs The Dark Knight-this wasn't close at all

Star Wars trilogy vs Lord Of The Rings trilogy-I assume it was the original trilogy, but if it wasn't, LOTR wins

Saving Private Ryan vs Full Metal Jacket-

Fixed.
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:26 pm

SMH, Goodfellas is better than Pulp Fiction. I like them both, but......

Scorcese>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tarrintino
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Tarrintino?

I do agree that Scorsese is an overall better director than Tarantino, but Goodfellas does not touch Pulp Fiction. Goodfellas is definitely Scorcese's most overrated film.

Last edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman on Fri 09 Apr 2010, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:28 pm

And I can't believe all of the Scarface votes right now. Wow.

nickey
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Movie Verses Empty

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Tarantino couldn't see Scorsese on a good day, and Goodfellas trumps pulp fiction in every way possible.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:30 pm

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:

nickey

I'll co-sign that. Scarface is deserving of its cult classic status, but The Godfather is film royalty.
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:31 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Tarrintino?

I do agree that Scorcese is an overall better director than Tarantino, but Goodfellas does not touch Pulp Fiction. Goodfellas is definitely Scorcese's most overrated film.

C'Mon Son, GTFOH with that bullshit! Goodfellas was phenomeonal in every aspect. Pulp Fiction dragged in certain areas. PF was Samuel L Jackson's best movie, but neither him nor John Travolta can fuck with the DeNiro and the all star Goodfellas cast. The only Scorcese flick I'd put over it is Raging Bull.
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 8:32 pm

T. Myers wrote:

nickey

I'll co-sign that. Scarface is deserving of its cult classic status, but The Godfather is film royalty.

I love both flicks, I just liked Scarface's plot slightly better.
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:08 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Scarface vs Godfather

Rocky vs Raging Bull

Friday vs House Party

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:21 pm

nickey

The Scarface votes make sense to me..although both are great movies..

shit I can't believe all the American Pie votes...yes that movie was funny when it first dropped but I saw it recently and really realized for the first time that the movie was kinda corny...The Hangover is a CLASSIC..that joint is killin American Pie and quite easily too...it's not even close and the scene where Mike Tyson is singing is fuckin CLASSIC...lmao...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:24 pm

D.Powell wrote:

nickey

shit I can't believe all the American Pie votes...yes that movie was funny when it first dropped but I saw it recently and really realized for the first time that the movie was kinda corny...The Hangover is a CLASSIC..that joint is killin American Pie and quite easily too...it's not even close and the scene where Mike Tyson is singing is fuckin CLASSIC...lmao...

Both American Pie and The Hangover aren't very good, but American Pie had loads of hot chicks compared to just one (Heather Graham) in The Hangover. So it got my vote.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:28 pm

Your the first person I've acutally heard say that The Hangover wasn't very good...because I thought that for a silly situation comedy that shit was classic...and waaaay better than American Pie IMO...but I hear ya man!
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:28 pm

D.Powell wrote:

nickey

American Pie is a classic and is every bit as funny now as it was then. Hangover is funny but hasn't reached the classic level as of yet. AP is the best comedy of the 00's and the sequel was hilarious as well. If Hangover 2 is dope then I'll give it classic status, but if it bombs then AP will forever be remembered as the better movie.

And I'd like to add that Halfy doesn't know what he's talking about in the last post.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:31 pm

"American Pie is a classic and is every bit as funny now as it was then. Hangover is funny but hasn't reached the classic level as of yet. AP is the best comedy of the 00's and the sequel was hilarious as well. If Hangover 2 is dope then I'll give it classic status, but if it bombs then AP will forever be remembered as the better movie."

So... if a sequel to The Hangover comes out and is good, that will make the original better?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:34 pm

Well KJ of course The Hangover hasn't reached classic status yet man...it just dropped in 2009..give it some time man...but I honestly thought that shit was funny as hell man..and so did a bunch of heads I know that saw it...the Tyson scene.....the gay asian "gangster" (reminded me of tranny..lol)..and the ending with the different pics...LMAO...that shit was classic to me man..but give it time to attain all-time status but it's is waay better than American Pie IMO!
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:38 pm

Shaun wrote:
"American Pie is a classic and is every bit as funny now as it was then. Hangover is funny but hasn't reached the classic level as of yet. AP is the best comedy of the 00's and the sequel was hilarious as well. If Hangover 2 is dope then I'll give it classic status, but if it bombs then AP will forever be remembered as the better movie."

So... if a sequel to The Hangover comes out and is good, that will make the original better?

It'll make the franchise great, yes. But if it bombs then the AP franchise wins out.

I dunno, I liked The Hangover but there's at least 2-3 movies in 09 that I liked better, whereas AP was the best movie of 2000 IMO. I haven't seen a funnier movie since. The ironic part is that the funniest part of The Hangover was the ending when they shared the photos.

The gap between the two movies isn't that wide, but American Pie is better overall IMO.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:41 pm

"It'll make the franchise great, yes. But if it bombs then the AP franchise wins out. "

Yeah, but this is about individual movies.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:41 pm

UMM KJ American "fuckin" Pie was NOT better than GLADIATOR man...stop that bullshit..lol

Gladiator dropped in 2000 and is killing American Pie by even more than The Hangover is...lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:43 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

It'll make the franchise great, yes. But if it bombs then the AP franchise wins out.

I dunno, I liked The Hangover but there's at least 2-3 movies in 09 that I liked better, whereas AP was the best movie of 2000 IMO. I haven't seen a funnier movie since. The ironic part is that the funniest part of The Hangover was the ending when they shared the photos.

The gap between the two movies isn't that wide, but American Pie is better overall IMO.

Better than Cast Away, Gladiator, Traffic, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, and Memento? I'll have to disagree with you completely.
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:44 pm

I like Gladiator, but I own both movies and I find myself reaching for American Pie more. Hangover ain't fuckin with either of those flicks though.

Ok, there is one 2000 movie I'd put over AP, and that's Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

And O Brother Where Art Thou was horrificly overrated.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:48 pm

Cast Away was good the first time, but it doesn't have great replay value. The CGI in Gladiator is woeful, O Brother Where Art Thou is ok, but definitely overrated. Traffic was the best movie that year IMO.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:50 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Cast Away was good the first time, but it doesn't have great replay value. The CGI in Gladiator is woeful, O Brother Where Art Thou is ok, but definitely overrated. Traffic was the best movie that year IMO.

I actually like Memento the most off of my list, but that was just off the dome, there could be even more good movies that we aren't even thinking about.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 9:57 pm

Traffic was a great movie and probably was the movie of the year for 2000, just based on the realistic plot alone....and great acting from Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones...both that movie and Gladiator are destroying American Pie EASILY....lol
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 10:02 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Traffic was a great movie and probably was the movie of the year for 2000, just based on the realistic plot alone....and great acting from Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones...both that movie and Gladiator are destroying American Pie EASILY....lol

All those movies including AP are destroying the Hangover EASILY
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 10:04 pm

T. Myers wrote:

I actually like Memento the most off of my list, but that was just off the dome, there could be even more good movies that we aren't even thinking about.

Traffic and Memento were great. I liked Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon better than both though.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 10:04 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Traffic and Memento were great. I liked Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon better than both though.

I can understand that pick. For the time, it was pretty groundbreaking.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 10:15 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

All those movies EXCEPT AMERICAN PIE are destroying the Hangover EASILY

FIXED!!

and yes KJ I agree man! lol
Back to top Go down

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 10:25 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

All those movies EXCEPT AMERICAN PIE are destroying the Hangover EASILY

FIXED!!

and yes KJ I agree man! lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 2:22 am

Survey says X, indeed. American Pie>>>>>>>>> The Hangover
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 10:08 am

Scarface vs Godfather Godfather's 1 & 2 are the epitome of mafioso cinema...Scarface holds its own of course, but he still ends up losing it all in the end

Boyz N The Hood vs Menace II Society..why'd Loc Dogg have to show the fuckin tape??? idiot...

Nightmare On Elm Street vs Friday The 13th- I love the Ft13th series-but I would definitely put the 1st Elm St over Ft13th

Rocky vs Raging Bull- Rocky's obviously more iconic..however, id rather watch Jake Lamotta's grimey story than Rocky's

The Longest Yard vs Remember The Titans no question

Goodfellas vs Pulp Fiction..edit-i chose Goodfellas first, but watching Pulp Fiction's way more enjoyable to watch now that i think about it..Goodfellas is still in my top 10

American Pie vs The Hangover..damn good one...hard choice

Friday vs House Party..good one..but Friday takes it..not by much though

Spider Man 2 vs The Dark Knight The Dark Knight owns Spider Man

Star Wars trilogy vs Lord Of The Rings trilogy..never seen LOTR

Saving Private Ryan vs Full Metal Jacket easier choice than i thought
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 8:29 pm

Scarface vs Godfather

Rocky vs Raging Bull

Goodfellas vs Pulp Fiction <<<<< Pulp Fiction had the better soundtrack

Friday vs House Party

Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 9:07 pm

Scarface vs Godfather
close, GD first two

Menace

Friday the 13th (movie)
NOES (series)

Rocky vs Raging Bull
Rocky

Remember the Titans, by default

Goodfellas, by a flea's nose hair

American Pie, easy

Do the Right Thing, by default

Friday vs House Party
PUSH

Dark Knight

Star Wars, I'm a 80's baby (Randall on LOTR "We're walking, we're walking, we're walking")

Full Metal Jacket "What's your major malfunction numbnuts!?!?"

"Boyz N The Hood vs Menace II Society..why'd Loc Dogg have to show the fuckin tape??? idiot..."
Cuz Loc Dogg didn't give a shit about nothing!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Movie Verses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Verses   Movie Verses Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 1:25 pm