Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question? Empty
PostSubject: Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?   Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 7:37 pm

ive been spinnin this album a lot since i got it but noticed that the audio quality of Mac Dre's voice on some songs on the second half of the album isnt that good, and its hard to hear what he's saying on some songs. Like on "My Chevy" you can barely hear him but Mac Mall's verse sounds fine.

Were the "bad" vocal recordings due to him recording on the phone from jail?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?   Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 7:47 pm

To my knowledge, the bad vocals are due to being recorded over the phone, but i could be wrong. SRP, Romped, and Yogi would know better than i do.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?   Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 7:49 pm

thats what i thought

also in the liner notes it says "Recorded Live From Fresno County Prison" or something so i was assuming the bad vocal songs were recorded from there...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?   Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 7:55 pm

Yeah, he was locked up for that romper room bullshit then so some of the songs are recorded from the phone in jail. They were on an EP and included here. I don't really mind them at all and actually think a few of them are some of the best cuts on there.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?   Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 7:57 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
Yeah, he was locked up for that romper room bullshit then so some of the songs are recorded from the phone in jail. They were on an EP and included here. I don't really mind them at all and actually think a few of them are some of the best cuts on there.

I'm N Motion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?   Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 8:02 pm

That would be one of them.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?   Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 8:04 pm

Yeah, depending on the day, it's my favorite or 2nd favorite track on the album. 2 Hard 4 The Fuckin Radio is the other favorite.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?   Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 10:59 pm

Im N Motion is definitely up there, as are the first two and My Chevy

and i dont mind the tracks with the phone vocals either just when im in the car i cant really hear what hes saying...but its all good in the headphones
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?   Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mac Dre Young Black Brotha question?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Old Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: