Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Empty
PostSubject: Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez   Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 6:27 pm

Thoughts on this? I'm not a fan of much music outside of hip hop, but as far as Reggae/Rock/Rap/Ska groups went Sublime was always dope IMO. There was a lawsuit invovling the band name Sublime (as Bradley Nowell copyrighted it exclusively to himself before he died) but they came to terms so long as the "new" band was always referred to as "Sublime Featuring Rome" or "Sublime With Rome" which is fucking stupid IMO. Anyway, here's Dirty Headz featuring Rome on vocals...

Sounds similar but different enough to be his own person. Kinda reminds me of what Alice In Chains did with their new lead singer, and as far as I've heard, their new album is as good as some of their best work with Lynne Staley. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez   Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 7:34 pm

My brother saw them at the Cypress Hill 'Smokeout' last Oct. in Cali...said they put on a good show and Rome had a good reception from the crowd...

as far as "replacing" Brad..they can only be Sublime w/ Rome..'Sublime' was Brad

Sabbath was Ozzy...Alice in Chains was Staley..(great album BTW) ..a purist POV, yeah, but 4 what its worth-he sounds good enough to sing for the band.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez   Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 8:56 pm

There whole sound is generic. They sound like Pepper. Who needs it? The first LBDA album was quite dope if you want a Sublime fix, but nobody blends it all together how they dis with Bradley. And nobody hurts like that guy. That's why nobody can write like him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez   Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:15 pm

Parker, what do you LIKE?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez   Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:18 pm

Shit that doesn't suck.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez   Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:37 pm

Shaun wrote:
Shit that doesn't suck.

Hey, me too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez   Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:40 pm

Hey, Butt Brothers...can you find another thread to share your man on man love?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez   Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:53 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Hey, Butt Brothers...can you find another thread to share your man on man love?

Sure.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez   Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 9:14 am

Kid Joe wrote:
There whole sound is generic. They sound like Pepper. Who needs it? The first LBDA album was quite dope if you want a Sublime fix, but nobody blends it all together how they dis with Bradley. And nobody hurts like that guy. That's why nobody can write like him.

Major Co-Signage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez   Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sublime Featuring Rome Ramirez
Page 1 of 1