Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?

Go down 
+3
Shaun
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Laced With Slang
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 7:31 pm

???
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 7:36 pm

yo disregard this thread, for some reason i thought today was next Tuesday and the album had come out today
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 7:37 pm

but apparently it has leaked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 7:52 pm

N3ro has the leak... he's the neighborhood bootlegger
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 9:10 pm

Can't wait until this shit drops.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 9:38 pm

Tran must be constipated...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010, 9:53 pm

It's actually really dope. But it's everything I said. Very R&B influenced, tons of pop leanings, all positivity and no negativity. You can tell they really want this album to be bigger than it's going to be. Overall, like a 4.5 star album IMO, but that's based strictly off the music. If you like their singles and could listen to them back to back to back, you'll dig this album. If you wan variety, this ain't it. Dope overall though, you can definitely tell they put TONS of work into it. I would compare it to Outkast's Stankonia, close to classic, a little over-thought-out, but definitely DEFINITELY dope.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:21 am

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
It's actually really dope. But it's everything I said. Very R&B influenced, tons of pop leanings, all positivity and no negativity. You can tell they really want this album to be bigger than it's going to be. Overall, like a 4.5 star album IMO, but that's based strictly off the music. If you like their singles and could listen to them back to back to back, you'll dig this album. If you wan variety, this ain't it. Dope overall though, you can definitely tell they put TONS of work into it. I would compare it to Outkast's Stankonia, close to classic, a little over-thought-out, but definitely DEFINITELY dope.

This is a pretty well thought out mini review. I'll check it out just based off of this rec. I'm gonna have to try before I buy though, the last Bone album I listened to was The Art of War. No offense.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 7:45 am

I actually liked "Strength & Loyalty" more than most and i'm looking forward to this as well. I will be at Best Buy Tuesday when they open!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 9:33 am

It's cool Halfy. This is probably closest to S&L in terms of overall theme. But it's really unlike anything they've done before IMO. S&L still had some darker stuff on it, and this doesn't even have a weed song.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 9:37 am

It's cool Halfy. This is probably closest to S&L in terms of overall theme. But it's really unlike anything they've done before IMO. S&L still had some darker stuff on it, and this doesn't even have a weed song.

S&L>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:03 pm

I got the leak and it was good enough where I plan to buy it now. Like Jeff said you can tell they put some work into this one.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:04 pm

This and Ten Toes Down will be $9.99 at Best Buy. Tuesday should be dope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:13 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I got the leak and it was good enough where I plan to buy it now. Like Jeff said you can tell they put some work into this one.

Did you like the new "universe" style? Where each one will say a word in a bar? I know some people bitched about that and the fact they have different people doing hooks when they're clearly capable of doing the harmony themselves. None of that bothered me, but I guess I could see some people not liking it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:22 pm

"Did you like the new "universe" style? Where each one will say a word in a bar? "

That sounds real weird. But I really want to hear it now... lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:25 pm

and they did it all live with no punch ins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 3:38 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Did you like the new "universe" style? Where each one will say a word in a bar? I know some people bitched about that and the fact they have different people doing hooks when they're clearly capable of doing the harmony themselves. None of that bothered me, but I guess I could see some people not liking it.

I like it from the little I heard. I'm so glad they switched it up and let someone else do some of the hooks. That can keep the replay value for this album high.

I'm trying to hear that Ball & G, I must try that one before I buy it. They have a bad habit lately of trying to cater to the younger generation with their beats and hooks or some botched attempt at hitting mainstream.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 4:26 pm

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:

This is a pretty well thought out mini review. I'll check it out just based off of this rec. I'm gonna have to try before I buy though, the last Bone album I listened to was The Art of War. No offense.

That's a nicely thought out compliment of that review.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 11:43 pm

KRob86 wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I like it from the little I heard. I'm so glad they switched it up and let someone else do some of the hooks. That can keep the replay value for this album high.

I'm trying to hear that Ball & G, I must try that one before I buy it. They have a bad habit lately of trying to cater to the younger generation with their beats and hooks or some botched attempt at hitting mainstream.

I'll hit you with a pm when it leaks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 12:29 am

I saw the trklisting and Soulja Boy is on one of the fucking trks. See what i'm saying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 12:38 am

I'm bumping it right now it's dope, KRob.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 12:37 pm

ehhhh......As a big thugs fan i can't say this album excites me all that much. I know the hardcore bone thugs left us long ago but this album is just what N3ro said. It's a dope album and there's more good than bad, but with all 5 members back i can't help but view it as a little disappointing. I thought "Gone" was a terrible terrible track. I need to listen some more before i rate it but needless to say it's not what i had hoped for.

Bone is a group that i always thought did very well with hardcore material with some slow stuff sprinkled in here and there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?   Whats the verdict on the new Bone album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats the verdict on the new Bone album?
Page 1 of 1