Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?

Go down 
+4
Illmatic1991
Funk Seoul Brother
Norfeest
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Empty
PostSubject: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 9:04 pm

I mean, fucking come on.
Back to top Go down
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 9:11 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 9:15 pm

Well put?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 9:15 pm

Hey Zuri, I wanna hear your beats.
Back to top Go down
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 9:31 pm

Ill give you link when my record company finishes my new myspace page
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 10:00 pm

I agree that LeBron as the wrong pick, but I don't think it was Dwight Howard either.

Should've been D-Wade or Kobe...

I wonder where they park LBJ's HUGE bandwagon. I mean, it's got to be pretty difficult to parallel park that thing.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 10:03 pm

I can see you feeling that way Norf, but c'mon I think Howard has shown some intangibles this post-season (granted, it doesn't count towards the regular season but maybe he had some then and people were too busy swinging along LeBron's nuts). What pisses me off is I don't remember Wade OR Howard even being nominated...kinda ridiculous IMO.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 10:11 pm

Agreed. Dwight Howard is in the finals for a reason. He did win DPOY though. Somebody recognizes his skill. I think he needs to score more to get MVP, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 12:04 am

I don't know about him deserving the MVP. He would have been my 4th choice this year behind the big 3. If he actually brought his "A" game every night and worked on his scoring it would be a different story. He tends to disappear in big games (not in the postseason though).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 7:10 am

Cise Starr wrote:
I don't know about him deserving the MVP. He would have been my 4th choice this year behind the big 3. If he actually brought his "A" game every night and worked on his scoring it would be a different story. He tends to disappear in big games (not in the postseason though).

Exactly. I can see making a case for Kobe or D-Wade aganist Lebron, but making a case for Dwight Howard who has no lost post moves outside a dunk and a little running hook is plain ridiculous. The Mvp does not include playoff runs. During the regular season where votes do count, Lebrons team had 7 more wins and Lebron averaged almost 8 more points a game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 5:31 pm

I think Dwight Howard will be an absolute DOMINANT force in the NBA at some point, but no he shouldn't have been the MVP.
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 9:37 pm

I think D-Wade deserved the MVP award just for singlehandedly carrying his sorry ass Heat team to the playoffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 3:43 am

Illmatic1991 wrote:
I think D-Wade deserved the MVP award just for singlehandedly carrying his sorry ass Heat team to the playoffs.

Yeah D-wade should of got some kind of player of the year award. His teams record hurt his MVP chances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 9:15 am

NBA MVP has almost always gone to the player whose team has the best, or close to the best record over a player on much worse team. Unless the lesser team's players stats were light years ahead (which they weren't this year) the better team's player gets it. If you weren't from Cuba or older than 17 you would know this...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 1:27 pm

Yeah how do you get a name like Vernon living in Cuba anyway?
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 9:38 pm

Nero, Vernon is a pretty hispanic name lol.
And Dwight is good, but I don't think he's MVP worthy yet. He does have high scoring games but he's not that consistant with how many point he puts up a night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 9:40 pm

no, no it isnt at all esco, wtf?

anyway, dwight did not deserve the MVP, Kobe, D-Wade and Paul pierce were all much more deserving candidates.
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 10:07 pm

Dwight Howard can't score unless it's a dunk. He has no offensive reportoire. His hook shot makes me feel embarassed for him.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 2:47 am

Steve wrote:
no, no it isnt at all esco, wtf?

anyway, dwight did not deserve the MVP, Kobe, D-Wade and Paul pierce were all much more deserving candidates.

Yea, actually it is, there's a bunch of people in Colombia or other Latin American countries with the name Vernon. It's just pronounced in a spanish way.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 2:57 am

SkinnyTheFloridian wrote:
Dwight Howard can't score unless it's a dunk. He has no offensive reportoire. His hook shot makes me feel embarassed for him.
Yup. That hook-shot is painful to watch.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 5:07 am

"Dwight Howard can't score unless it's a dunk. He has no offensive reportoire. His hook shot makes me feel embarassed for him."

So... If his only post move is a dunk, and he scores everytime... does that make him a bad player?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 8:19 am

Esco, how many South American countries you been to? I can 99% guarantee I been to more, and studied them all, I never heard of a Vernon.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 10:35 am

Steve wrote:

Way to sneak P Double in there. lol

You know damn well he doesn't belong in this convo...

Shon wrote:
So... If his only post move is a dunk, and he scores everytime... does that make him a bad player?

Absolutely not. Good point, Shon. It's the responsibility of the defense to stop him from getting easy buckets. Saying he gets dunks actually speaks well of his game. You're basically saying he's unstoppable. Come on, people...

Basketball is a big man's game. If dunking and hooking work for him, then why would he go with anything else? I guess you guys haven't seen his spin move either, huh? He's putting up 20 a night on dunks and hooks, right? Getouttahere...

He may not be MVP worthy right now, though he is close, but name 3 big men in the league that are better than he is.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 1:41 pm

Steve wrote:
Esco, how many South American countries you been to? I can 99% guarantee I been to more, and studied them all, I never heard of a Vernon.

I've only been to Colombia. But living in Miami is basically living in South America, there's really nothing but Hispanics here, some of which have that name.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 7:04 pm

To answer the question...no. He's still young and his skills are still developing. Say what you want but his offensive skills are very limited. Why the hell would you settle for 20 a night on dunks and layups when you can do a little work on your skills and put up 25-30 a night? C'mon now. Not to mention the fact that he his still very prone to making mistakes. The guy is definitely one of the top big men in the league and will have a terrific career but he still needs work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?   Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hasn't Dwight Howard Proven He Deserved The MVP Award?
Page 1 of 1