Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Empty
PostSubject: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:19 pm

Honestly, what factors would you consider?

Longevity-they dominated a parsley 6 years IMO. 88-94.

Diversity-Not even close to ANY other coast. Even today.

Impact-Gotta give it to them here

Classics-hardly. Anybody with real knowledge will tell you the West and South have been putting out classics just as long, and their discogs probably run longer.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:21 pm

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:22 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Shaking My Head

Um, sources?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:26 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Shaking My Head

Um, sources?

My source will be on here in a minute. LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 1:26 pm

LOL indeed
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 4:28 pm

Well N3R0, if it wasn't for the East, the other regions wouldn't have put out classics at all. BDP, Slick Rick, Treacherous Three, Busy Bee, Grandmaster Flash, LL, Juice Crew, UTFO, and others have laid down the foundation for other folks to follow. To say the East hardly has any classics is ludicrous.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 6:21 pm

I'd have to say yes, but not based on any of the initially posted criteria.

I go by criteria that matters to me:

Out of all coasts in my collection, what's the biggest and most played coast? East followed extremely close by the west.

I will say the West is the best nowadays, cause I play it more.

Last edited by Alan on Fri 30 Apr 2010, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 6:34 pm

Obviously it is, otherwise we wouldn't have had this discussion a million times in this forum.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 7:24 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Obviously it is, otherwise we wouldn't have had this discussion a million times in this forum.

LOL...good point
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 8:45 pm

It's the oldest region so it going to win by default. For the first half of its inception it was the gateway region for all artists. This is a question better asked 10 or 20 years from now.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010, 9:34 pm

It's where most of my favorite music comes from. I've been feeling a lot of shit from the Midwest over the last few years, though. And, the South and West, no matter what subject matter they're pursuing, always sound like having fun.

But, there is for the most part no substitute for that gritty East Coast basement shit. That's just what I like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?   Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is The East Coast REALLY the GOAT Region?
Page 1 of 1