Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Braille - Weapon Aid

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Braille - Weapon Aid Empty
PostSubject: Braille - Weapon Aid   Braille - Weapon Aid Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 2:14 pm

Anyone heard this?

I dug his 2008 album "IV" quite a bit. The one he dropped last year produced by S1 (of Strange Fruit Project) was decent, but I didn't care for the lyrical content as much...still decent though.

But his new one, "Weapon Aid", looks like it may be a winner to me, considering Big Jess (of Unknown Prophets) produces nearly the whole thing.

I may buy it blind if I don't hear any feedback on it...
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Braille - Weapon Aid   Braille - Weapon Aid Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 2:26 pm

I've been thinking about copping this too, but Amazon doesn't carry it so I'm holding it off until I make a big purchase on Access.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Braille - Weapon Aid   Braille - Weapon Aid Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 2:36 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
I've been thinking about copping this too, but Amazon doesn't carry it so I'm holding it off until I make a big purchase on Access.

Man, I've just been reading about the album the past 10 minutes or so....

I REALLY want to hear them Big Jess beats, but I don't think I'll be buying it. The thing that got to me about his last album was all the God talk and "morally conscious" jibber jabber. A whole song about his strong feelings on abstinence...the lyrics were so boringly clean. Thing is, his previous album "IV" was not really like that. The lyrics were still pretty clean, but nothing was preachy about it. Anyway, the interviews and descriptions for this new album seem to aim toward the same type of content. I may give it a download, because at this point, I'm more interested in one of my all time favorite producer's beats. A lot of rappers believe in god and talk about it from time to time in their music, but when they get preachy is when I tune out.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Braille - Weapon Aid   Braille - Weapon Aid Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 2:43 pm

Yeah, I see where you are coming from and I'm in the same boat. That's why I don't really bump a lot of Christian hip hop. "IV" was damn good though, so I want to give this album a shot, because I missed out on a free copy of the album he did with S1 when they were giving it away at their show.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Braille - Weapon Aid   Braille - Weapon Aid Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 2:45 pm

Also, is that a nipple on the cover of the album?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Braille - Weapon Aid   Braille - Weapon Aid Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 2:47 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Yeah, I see where you are coming from and I'm in the same boat. That's why I don't really bump a lot of Christian hip hop. "IV" was damn good though, so I want to give this album a shot, because I missed out on a free copy of the album he did with S1 when they were giving it away at their show.

Dude always gets nice beats. S1's beats were fly on that album too. Those lyrics though....stomps the replay value. I'll have to give this one a DL and see if the beats overshadow the message. lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Braille - Weapon Aid   Braille - Weapon Aid Icon_minitimeSat 01 May 2010, 2:48 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Also, is that a nipple on the cover of the album?

Looks a little...hairy, if it is. lol

Braille - Weapon Aid 18351_b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Braille - Weapon Aid   Braille - Weapon Aid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Braille - Weapon Aid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: