Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bone Thugs "Uni5"

Go down 
+2
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
E. Taylor
6 posters

Bone Thugs "Uni5"
Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_lcap8%Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_lcap25%Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_lcap25%Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_lcap0%Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Bone sucks
 0% [ 0 ]
I want 94'Bone back
Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_lcap8%Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
I Boned your momma!
Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_lcap33%Bone Thugs "Uni5" Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 4:05 pm

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 5:56 pm

4.25-4.5 for this listener. I'm digging this album a lot, granted I'm a Bone Thugs stan.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 8:54 pm

4.5-4.75 stars. Facts Don't Lie is the only track i'm not feeling.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 9:30 pm

One spin this was like 3.75 to 4 - solid - but not anything more IMO.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 10:49 pm

There was already a thread about this? And SRP is a hater.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 9:07 am

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
There was already a thread about this? And SRP is a hater.

N3R0, there are polls for a lot of new albums. it makes it easy for people to reference when the need a comprehensive ranking of an album, and these particular threads are much easier to navigate and much more useful when compared to the thread Slang started. Quit being a myopic douche, and stop splitting hairs. you got too much hate in your life.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 1:01 pm

Co fucking sign^^^^^^^^

Anyway 4.25-4.5 as of now. My fav from this year so far.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 1:14 pm

Kev, he was joking.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 1:29 pm

no he wasn't
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 1:30 pm

Well, i was half joking. I do think the actual review threads like this are more beneficial.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jun 2010, 6:47 pm

I spun this album again today. My official rating for this album is 4.25, but I voted 4.5 above. The production on this album is top notch. Easily my 2nd fav Bone album, only behind E 1999. I only skip 2-3 tracks on it.

Rebirth is one of the dopest songs of the year IMO.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 9:55 pm

Any new feelings on this album?

I think sometimes we get so caught up in rating albums that we forget just to listen to the damn music. This album is still my album of the year so far. I think what I luv about it is how its a very themed album sound wise and they stick to it like they did on E.1999. If you only hear select trks from it you may not feel them but as a whole album its super tight...UGK.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 10:36 pm

I bumped this once and have no interest to go back to it... it's not bad, but it's a slick, pop, commercial sound, not the reason I listen to Bone.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 11:08 pm

I like the production on this album. My rating for it is now 4-4.25 stars. It's not lacking in anything inparticular, it's just that so much dopeness has dropped since this has been released. I'll revisit it again sometime though. Rebirth is still one of the best songs of the year.

On the real though, you've really gotta bump albums more than once to get a true feel for them. An album would have to be totally wack for me not to bump it more than once. I've done that before and found that I've liked an album more than I did on the first listen.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 11:19 pm

Good advice KJ, I've been meaning to give it more spins, but as you said - alot of dopeness.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 11:38 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Good advice KJ, I've been meaning to give it more spins, but as you said - alot of dopeness.

Yeah, I wasn't feelin Recovery that much on the first listen but I bumped it a few more times and I now realize it's a dope album. It's still my 2nd least fav by Em but it's a 4 star effort. 2010 has been a dope year in hip-hop thus far.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 11:40 pm

[quote="KJ Styles"]
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't feelin Recovery that much on the first listen but I bumped it a few more times and I now realize it's a dope album. It's still my 2nd least fav by Em but it's a 4 star effort. 2010 has been a dope year in hip-hop thus far. [/quote

Really? The more I listened to recovery (2 times total) the more I didn't like it. The first time, I wanted it to be good so much that I almost thought it was. The second time around, I realized that it was just so-so. I might give it a third try but it's really not holding my attention.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 7:59 am

I still have to cop this Bone Thugs joint.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 11:37 am

this Bone album is a huge disappointment. Its a chore for me to get through the whole thing. It just sounds so damn run of the mill and not what i was expecting to hear from them after hearing the Fixtape mixtape which IMO blows this away.

there is some just straight up wack songs on here: Wanna Be, My Life, Gone...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 11:38 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I bumped this once and have no interest to go back to it... it's not bad, but it's a slick, pop, commercial sound, not the reason I listen to Bone.

cosign except ive bumped it about 3-4 times
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 12:03 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
this Bone album is a huge disappointment. Its a chore for me to get through the whole thing. It just sounds so damn run of the mill and not what i was expecting to hear from them after hearing the Fixtape mixtape which IMO blows this away.

there is some just straight up wack songs on here: Wanna Be, My Life, Gone...

Yeah, Bone Thugs is run of the mill, but bencwarming wu tangers that have been making the same tired ass music for the last two decades are soooooooooooo refreshing and new.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 12:21 pm

i was speaking on poppy run of the mill, and thats what this is
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 12:41 pm

This album is so far from "run of the mill" that it is insane to even say that. They stepped out of their thug this, thug that, kill this, kill that, comfort zone and into some more mature lyricism imo. And I was glad to see them use other singers on the hooks instead of them which gets boring after so many songs.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 12:43 pm

KRob86 wrote:
This album is so far from "run of the mill" that it is insane to even say that. They stepped out of their thug this, thug that, kill this, kill that, comfort zone and into some more mature lyricism imo. And I was glad to see them use other singers on the hooks instead of them which gets boring after so many songs.

one of the main reasons why i dont like the album

and i was talking abut the beats more so as run of the mill, and you cant say they arent lol, just slow pop beats and boring singers

how someone can listen to a classic like "Handle The Vibe" and then listen to a track like "Wanna Be" and realize they are from the same group and NOT be extremely disappointed is beyond me
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 2:09 pm

I'm a big Bone fan and I just don't care for the album. For what it is, it's good. Just not what I want to hear from Bone. When i heard Flesh and Bizzy were back I thought it would be some classic ish. My beef with the album is the only upbeat song worth anything is Rebirth, everything else is either too pop, or slow. Don't get me wrong, I like plenty of Bone's slow songs but they have always just sprinkled the slow songs in here and there on their albums. This one was just too much of the same thing for me. I know they've grown up but that doesnt' mean they have to change everything.

I like the album, but it's nowhere near what I was expecting.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 3:07 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
I'm a big Bone fan and I just don't care for the album. For what it is, it's good. Just not what I want to hear from Bone. When i heard Flesh and Bizzy were back I thought it would be some classic ish. My beef with the album is the only upbeat song worth anything is Rebirth, everything else is either too pop, or slow. Don't get me wrong, I like plenty of Bone's slow songs but they have always just sprinkled the slow songs in here and there on their albums. This one was just too much of the same thing for me. I know they've grown up but that doesnt' mean they have to change everything.

co sign, Rebirth is the best track probably, most of the songs just run together and it sounds liek your listening to an endless slow jam lmao, theres some pretty good tracks tho, i rate it like 3.25 stars
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 12:19 am

I'm late here, lol. A strong 4 stars for this album.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 11:06 pm

I was a die hard Bone fan for most of my teenage years and I thought this album was pretty straight doo-doo. It sounds like a parody of what a Bone album. Some of the tracks were nice but I gave it a 5.5/10 on RapReviews and stand by it.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 1:52 pm

I think you die hard fans expected to much and should allow these boys to mature. The album is dope to these ears and I have to stand against crazy statemetns like the above. They can't still rap all that hardcore gangsta shit in their late 30's man. the album is smooth and on some adult grown man shit. I still say its the best album to drop this year. Maybe because i'm not a die hard Bone fan I did not hold them to high standards. Or maybe since I took a long hiatus from them as a collective this just sounded fresh. Its a 4.5 outta 5 album to me. So suck it...lol.
Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 2:40 pm

I'm a die hard fan and have dug (to one degree or another) everything they've done as a group. This is no exception, and is easily their best work since Resurrection. 4.5 for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bone Thugs "Uni5" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bone Thugs "Uni5"   Bone Thugs "Uni5" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bone Thugs "Uni5"
Page 1 of 1