Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rude Awakening

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: The Rude Awakening   The Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 8:14 pm

Smif N Wessun (aka Cocoa Brovaz) dropped their sophomore album in 1998. I'm bumping this joint now and it's much better than I remembered. Your thoughts on this album?
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

The Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rude Awakening   The Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 8:28 pm

I gave this album a spin about 2 months ago when I saw it on Itunes for 7.99. I had the tape back in the day. The production wasn't where Da Shinin' was but this is still worth having in your collection especially if you are a Boot Camp fan.
Back to top Go down

The Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rude Awakening   The Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 8:32 pm

Oh yeah, it's nowhere near the level of Dah Shinin, but still very good though.
Back to top Go down

The Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rude Awakening   The Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 9:46 pm

Wayne wrote:
Oh yeah, it's nowhere near the level of Dah Shinin, but still very good though.

Co-Sign, it's a 4 star album. Black Trump is a banger!!
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

The Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rude Awakening   The Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 12:19 am

It's alright. From that time period though, all that boot camp stuff sounded pretty similar, and rude awakening was just pretty mediocre I felt as an effort from them, so it was just really easy to pass over. It is not as good as the Dah Shining, or The M-Pire Strikes back, Enter Da Stage, or really any of the great albums that came out from them. I feel like taking out of context it sounds good, but when you go back and listen to everything, you will once again just forget about the album.
Back to top Go down

The Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rude Awakening   The Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 3:09 pm

I remember owning it on tape but with the name change I was suspect of it anyway. But I heard that trk "Wanna Act Like" or something like that and I rushed and bought it. I remeber it being aiight but nothing that stuck with me or made me want to buy it again. They had a trk with Raekwon I digged on there.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

The Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rude Awakening   The Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 4:23 pm

this was a pretty decent album from them...I've got it at 4 stars

the main thing wrong with it though is the replay value on it is kinda low...Black Trump with Raekwon was the lead single and the best song on it IMO!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

The Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rude Awakening   The Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 12:52 am

4 stars, i like it but its not spectacular but a good album
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rude Awakening   The Rude Awakening Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rude Awakening
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Old Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: