Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Distant Relatives

Go down 
+14
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
E. Taylor
Shaun
Jason
Highsmith
Funk Seoul Brother
Alan
J. Harris
Cory
Esco
Deanie O'Banion
parker lewis
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 12:55 am

After the first spin, giving this a 3.5. That's a little generous, but I can tell they put a lot of work into this even if it's not my cup of tea. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 1:51 am

Nobody? Seriously?

Patience still fucking pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:19 am

You're obviouslya Nas HATER. People are waitinf for the opinion of a more respected forum user, and when i say more respected, i mean a Nas STAN. That my friend is a FACT.
Back to top Go down

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 2:23 pm

T. Myers wrote:
You're obviouslya Nas HATER. People are waitinf for the opinion of a more respected forum user, and when i say more respected, i mean a Nas STAN. That my friend is a FACT.

LMAO!!!

But anyways, Jeff's ratings have been suspect in the past so I'll take that with a grain of salt.

I haven't downloaded the leak yet and I'm not sure I will. I'll probably wait until it's released to listen to it. I will say this though, people that dislike reggae music probably won't like it as much, just like people that don't like R&B didn't like Ghostdini. And people who aren't into Nas (Cory, SRP, Linker) should avoid it altogether.

I'm not expecting a classic here as it's an experimental album, but as long as it's 4 star quality I won't complain.
Back to top Go down

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 2:28 pm

It's not experimental in the least. It's rap beats with a reggae tinge and a rapper and a psuedo reggae artist rap/singing over them. And my ratings are suspect? At least they're consistent, fool.

That said, KJ you hater you, you'll probably think it's a four star album.
Back to top Go down

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 2:38 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
It's not experimental in the least. It's rap beats with a reggae tinge and a rapper and a psuedo reggae artist rap/singing over them. And my ratings are suspect? At least they're consistent, fool.

That said, KJ you hater you, you'll probably think it's a four star album.

Damian Marley is NOT a psuedo reggae artist. He's a TRUE reggae artist. He's the son of the greatest reggae artist of all time and very talented.

And this album IS experimental as Nas has never done a full length that's crossed over with another genre.
Back to top Go down

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 2:43 pm

Damian Marley is a dancehall artist. Period. Show me a TRUE reggae album of his.

And when I think "experimental" I think of the music as being new and different, not hackneyed and redundant.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 2:54 pm

Hip Hop DX gave this 4.5...

i still have yet to hear it, im gonna wait it out
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 4:00 pm

I'm looking forward to this. Damien's music tends to be more hip hop oriented than the rest of his family.
Back to top Go down

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 4:28 pm

If Jeff thinks this is 3.5, chances are I'll love it.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

Distant Relatives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distant Relatives   Distant Relatives Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 5:53 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I'm looking forward to this. Damien's music tends to be more hip hop oriented than the rest of his family.

Except Ky-Mani, he speaks the best American.