Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12

Go down 
4 posters

?
top 25
Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Vote_lcap10%Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
top 50
Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Vote_lcap50%Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
neither
Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Vote_lcap40%Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Empty
PostSubject: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 12:57 am

Master P - Ghetto D

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 7vdd501li6rrsrr3psf

Last edited by Slang Editorial on Sun 09 May 2010, 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 1:15 am

Why didn't you put the OG cover up?

But anyway, I think neither...but I'll have to do some thinking before I actually vote. I actually prefer two of the albums show on the cover of that cd before this one.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 1:20 am

fixed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 1:28 am

I give this top 25... the original dope boy music...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 1:31 am

LOL

That cover actually makes sense. I hate the fucking..."fixed" version or whatever you wanna call it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 1:43 am

Of the 4 Master P albums I've heard, this one is the best but it's still not Top 50.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 3:11 am

I don't know...maybe, I'll hold off on voting until I take another listen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 6:05 am

Top 50. This is my favorite No Limit record. I still listen to it every now and then for old times sake
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 9:15 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I give this top 25... the original dope boy music...

LMAOOO! Smile Smile Smile

ummm right Pedro...I hear ya man

I respect Master P's business hustle tremendously I mean the man is a SELF MADE multi-millionaire and was one of the first hip-hop music moguls out of the south along with J-Prince who started Rap-A-Lot..

but MUSICALLY Percy left a whole bunch to be desired, but he most definitely made 'em say UUUUUUGGGHHHHHH! but that's not enough for top 50 status on ANY countdown related to musical items IMO!

NEITHER!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 9:36 am

Good pick. Top 50 very damn easily, along with Ice Cream Man and a few other No Limit albums that would make my top 50. Fuck the naysayers that just don't get it. One thing P was smart about was surrounding his albums with plenty of guest and talent to make up for his not very strong mic skills.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 9:44 am

I get very well Kev...Master P IMO made NOT ONE top 50 album in his life, let alone top 25...now IMO thats some EXTRA funny shit

your admitting as much with your comments that he needed to "surround" himself with others to "make up" for his lack of talent...anyone who needs to do that just to get by is NOT a top 50 artist on my radar screen I don't care what genre of music he/she is making man...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 9:49 am

Hey people would anyone like to put Group Home-Livin' Proof as a top 50 album of all-time...I mean those dudes used Master P's formula of "surrounding" themselves with talent so that their "talents" or lack thereof didn't show through so clearly (Thank God for Preemo)

And that album by Group Home KILLS anything ever made by Master P MUSICALLY IMO...and that album which by the way I think is Preemo's greatest production effort would not make my top 50 of all-time...WHY?? because of Group Home themselves thats why...no one is going to confuse Lil Dap and Melachi with Guru or Jeru anytime soon...lol

Last edited by D.Powell on Sun 09 May 2010, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 9:53 am

To me Powell a rapper does not have to have real good lyrics or mic skills to make a good album. Sometimes its all in the package like dope/classic beats, tight hooks, dope guest, timing, charisma, delivery or voice. I mean there is more to emceeing than lyrics imo.

Last edited by KRob86 on Sun 09 May 2010, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:00 am

KRob86 wrote:
To me Powell a rapper does not have to have real good lyrics or mic skills to make a good album. Sometimes its all in the package likedope/classic beats, tight hooks, dope duest, timing, charisma, delivery or voice. I mean there is more to emceeing than lyrics imo.

I agree with you right up til that last line It's just like Puffy, Timbaland, Dre, Eric Sermon, Kanye West, Rza, etc. These guys aren't pure mc's (some more than others) but they're more than capable of making dope albums.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:01 am

I gotta disagree with that Kev...I need to hear some balance of mic skills and production to even consider an album top 50 status....you don't have to be a lyrical god or anything but give me some skills on the mic which along with your production could give you a top 50 effort IMO

it's going to take more than hooks or remixes or any of that other stuff otherwise you might start seeing heads like Diddy in my top 50 of all-time and that ain't happening man

but I hear what your saying man....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:04 am

D.Powell wrote:
I gotta disagree with that Kev...I need to hear some balance of mic skills and production to even consider an album top 50 status....you don't have to be a lyrical god or anything but give me some skills on the mic which along with your production could give you a top 50 effort IMO

it's going to take more than hooks or remixes or any of that other stuff otherwise you might start seeing heads like Diddy in my top 50 of all-time and that ain't happening man

I feel you, Powell, but at the same time, you gave College Dropout Top 50 status...but you wouldn't give it to No Way Out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:04 am

D.Powell wrote:

I can respect that we just have different standards on that subject.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:08 am

We are not voting on Master P the artist. This is solely for Ghetto D, and the fact that the beats are top notch and he surrounded himself with plenty of dope guest spots makes this album great. You gotta look at the total package, and not just look at Master P the mc. C-Murder is underrated, Mac is dope, Mia X is dope, Pimp C is dope, Fiend is dope, and Mystikal is dope. This and Ice Cream Man are EASILY top 50. with some thought, this could be top 25. This is my favorite Master P album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:10 am

I like No Way Out alot Jeffrey...but I can't give it top 50 status man...not with Diddy leading the way on it lyrically...lol...and on that album he surrounded himself with a BUNCH of talent including Biggie and Jay-Z

As for "The Prick" while I don't think he's a lyrical master I do have him rated waaay ahead of Percy when it comes to mic skills..and that production he did on College Dropout is enough to put him in the top 50 (midwest) IMO....I mean he pretty much did everything on that album by himself and it came out pretty dope IMO....oh and for the record he is quite average on the mic IMO!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:14 am

D.Powell wrote:
I like No Way Out alot Jeffrey...but I can't give it top 50 status man...not with Diddy leading the way on it lyrically...lol...and on that album he surrounded himself with a BUNCH of talent including Biggie and Jay-Z

As for "The Prick" while I don't think he's a lyrical master I do have him rated waaay ahead of Percy when it comes to mic skills..and that production he did on College Dropout is enough to put him in the top 50 (midwest) IMO....I mean he pretty much did everything on that album by himself and it came out pretty dope IMO....oh and for the record he is quite average on the mic IMO!

You're comparing apples to oranges. Comparing No Way Out to Ghetto D is a fair comparison on it's own, but in the context of these threads, it is not fair. No Way Out is an East Coast album, and Ghetto D is a Southern album, and that is the factor you are not accounting for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 10:27 am

Powell a dope album is a dope album and if you really really luv a album don't worry about breaking it down to why you should luv it or not just embrace it. And No Way Out is a banger. I doubt it would make my top 50 for the east because of those few Puff solo songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeSun 09 May 2010, 11:12 am

Neither.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 9:49 am

im giving this top 50, but its not the best No Limit album ive heard
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 9:50 am

Slang Editorial wrote:

What is your favorite No Limit album?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 9:57 am

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I like Unpredictable more than this, and Tru 2 Da Game slightly more

Aside from Paid tha Cost, No Limit Top Dog, Ice Cream Man, Am I My Brothers Keeper, and Charge it 2 Da Game my No Limit collection is seriously lacking. I have a couple loosies from Mia X and C-Murder but not full albums

i plan on checking out Shell Shocked, The Asassin, Unlady Like, and Life or Death sooner rather than later
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 10:05 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Aside from Paid tha Cost, No Limit Top Dog, Ice Cream Man, Am I My Brothers Keeper, and Charge it 2 Da Game my No Limit collection is seriously lacking. I have a couple loosies from Mia X and C-Murder but not full albums

i plan on checking out Shell Shocked, The Asassin, Unlady Like, and Life or Death sooner rather than later

Cool, Unpredictable is my fav too. Life Or Death, Shell Shocked, and There's one In Every Family are dope. You should peep those next.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010, 10:08 am

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Cool, Unpredictable is my fav too. Life Or Death, Shell Shocked, and There's one In Every Family are dope. You should peep those next.

yea i just wish Shell Shocked wasnt so damn much, i might have to settle for a d/l but well see
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 12
Page 1 of 1