Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DJ Krush - Kakusei

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010, 10:19 pm

Well, I am finally catching up on requested reviews. This joint here was dope through and through. Some of the tracks are a little sparse musically, but they create a good ambience. Favorites are "Dawn" "Final Home" and "No More." I can see the appeal here - if anyone out there appreciates chill, jazzy hip hop and instro albums this will be right up your alley.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 12:16 am

Yee!!!

Those are some of my favorite tracks too - although I think the minute long Intro is probably the most interesting thing I've heard from him. I wish it lasted 4 minutes longer. If you are looking for more of an old school hip hop vibe, Strictly Turntablized will impress.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 1:20 am

Can't wait for the Cannibal Corpse get-down.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 1:27 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Can't wait for the Cannibal Corpse get-down.

?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 1:33 am

SRP is supposed to review a Cannibal Corpse album. Parker said it in this thread because it's irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 1:36 am

Shaun wrote:
SRP is supposed to review a Cannibal Corpse album. Parker said it in this thread because it's irrelevant.

Ah, okay man. I was confused for a second. I love listening to irrelevant music by the way.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 11:17 am

You should try Krush's first album titled "Krush". One of the dopest DJ albums out of '94.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jun 2010, 11:28 am

J. Harris wrote:
You should try Krush's first album titled "Krush". One of the dopest DJ albums out of '94.

Definitely. I only spin a couple of tracks from that one regularly though. I think that this is Krush's best work, with Strictly Turntablized not far behind.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jun 2010, 10:29 pm

The only Krush album I have is a double disc CD, I think it's called Stepping Stones or something like that. Half of it I love, the other half of his beats, like SRP said, are too sparse and I'd add drawn out. I need to check out more of his shit, any recomendations on which album of his I should try next?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jun 2010, 11:21 pm

Haterex wrote:
The only Krush album I have is a double disc CD, I think it's called Stepping Stones or something like that. Half of it I love, the other half of his beats, like SRP said, are too sparse and I'd add drawn out. I need to check out more of his shit, any recomendations on which album of his I should try next?

This album, Strictly Turntablized, and Meiso.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 12:57 am

Bumping this review for some of the new cats on here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DJ Krush - Kakusei Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Krush - Kakusei   DJ Krush - Kakusei Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DJ Krush - Kakusei
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: