Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens

Go down 
+7
parker lewis
Alan
Deanie O'Banion
T. Myers
Jason
Justin Linker
Half
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Empty
PostSubject: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 6:18 pm

Which is better? Which do you prefer? Why?

I know some of us consider both of them classic, does that mean both are equally good? Or do you still prefer one over another?

I bumped them back to back and I still stand by my classic rating for both, but ATLiens is clearly more catchy, which I assume is why some people will say ATLiens is classic but Southernplaya isn't.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 6:30 pm

I think they are both of equal quality and classic. 5 stars for both records. Southernplayalistic is more raw and lyrical than ATLiens, but ATLiens is smoother and more consistent. My favorite track out of both of these albums is "Ain't No Thang", which is on Southernplayalistic. I definitely think ATLiens is catchier. I really cannot decide which album is better overall though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 6:45 pm

Both are classic and it's a tough call, but I'll go with ATLiens. The title track on that album is probably my fav overall Kast song. Big Ups to Halfshark for mentioning Ain't No Thang, that's my fav song on SPCM.

Aquemini is my fav Kast album though.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 7:09 pm

Southernplayalistic for me...my favorite Outkast album. One of my favorite albums of all time. Pure classic. All day...Everyday...Every way...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 7:09 pm

ATLiens by a wide margin. Their debut is great, but I've never considered it a classic personally.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 7:15 pm

smh

You're not classic you is a buster
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 7:45 pm

Both are classics. I prefer ATLiens
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 7:48 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Southernplayalistic for me...my favorite Outkast album. One of my favorite albums of all time. Pure classic. All day...Everyday...Every way...

Couldn't have said it any better. The second is great, it's just not as great as the first.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 8:25 pm

Southernplayalistic easily for me. Why? I like almost all the songs more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 8:29 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Both are classics. I prefer ATLiens
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 9:40 pm

Southernplayalistic... is a classic rap album. ATLiens is a work of art.

Apples and oranges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 9:44 pm

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
I think they are both of equal quality and classic. 5 stars for both records. Southernplayalistic is more raw and lyrical than ATLiens, but ATLiens is smoother and more consistent. My favorite track out of both of these albums is "Ain't No Thang", which is on Southernplayalistic. I definitely think ATLiens is catchier. I really cannot decide which album is better overall though.

Southernplayalistic is my favorite of the two (and my favorite Outkast album overall), and the reason why is basically the same here, it's more raw and lyrical than ATLiens.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 10:09 pm

More lyrical? Hell naw!!!!! I just don't see it at all.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 10:37 pm

T. Myers wrote:
More lyrical? Hell naw!!!!! I just don't see it at all.

I don't see Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik being more lyrical than ATLiens either. I prefer ATLiens because I think it's more cohesive and I like the themes a bit more than Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik...
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 9:13 am

ATLiens I feel they stepped it up another level. They really started coming into their own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 10:12 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Southernplayalistic... is a classic rap album. ATLiens is a work of art.

Apples and oranges.

Great sum up Parker...so that is why ATLiens is my choice. ATLiens was on some other shit beat and hook wise. And even lyrically it took the listener to another level of what lyricism and flow could sound like imo. The gap in sound and direction between the two is pretty big and that amazes me.

Oh and also like Xcel said ATLiens is more cohesive. It plays like a audio book or some shit.

Last edited by KRob86 on Mon 17 May 2010, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 12:31 pm

Jason wrote:
ATLiens by a wide margin. Their debut is great, but I've never considered it a classic personally.

CO-SIGNAGE

IMO the debut is a very good effort but it is not a classic....'kast had 2 overall classics IMO

ATLiens and Aquemini

the debut is about 4.25 to 4.50 stars IMO...so it's very good but ATLiens is blowing the hinges off that BEYOTCH.....IN MY OPINION!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 12:34 pm

I actually agree with Powell. ^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens   Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southernplayalisticadillacmusic vs. ATLiens
Page 1 of 1