Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!

Go down 
+7
Jason
parker lewis
Funk Seoul Brother
Half
T. Myers
Dwight
Alan
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 7:45 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Exactly Jason. Its not that he's just not really my style but there's nothing very special about him imo. And nothings wrong with that because everyone can't stand out like a Gift Of Gab or Big Daddy Kane.

Pounds I only gave my opinion off one listen and you just had to take it deeper huh? Everyone only read the "negative" part of my small comments but no one even mentioned the positive I said about the album. Thats fucked up.

I don't really care, because I'm the one that listens to my music. There's 2 sides to every coin. People looks for different things in music. I typically do not go for the type of rappers you go for. Plain and simple. What I posted was just as backhanded as your complimentary comments of the album. Take it however you want...

@ Jason: Feel the way you like, man. No problems here. Can't say I agree at all, as previously stated. Different strokes for different folks. I'll be banging the Shad drum for years to come. Just like I have since 2007. My listening experience/enjoyment will not be tainted by differing opinions. I simply love the Shad albums that much, and my comments come from replay value, pure and simple. If I can't stop playing an album, it is what it is to me - a classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 7:51 pm

Pounds don't cry....dry your eye......

I did not diss Shad is all i'm saying. You got your panties even deeper in your crack just because I called him average on the mic and he is mofo just face it.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 7:57 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Pounds don't cry....dry your eye......

I did not diss Shad is all i'm saying. You got your panties even deeper in your crack just because I called him average on the mic and he is mofo just face it.

I like to hear the Del lyric there. lol...Del did say it first, right?

Anyway, you may have have thought my post of hostile, but I really don't care that much. Just enough to retort and make my opinion clear. Is that ok? I basically said we go for different kinds of rappers. Is that not true?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 8:07 pm

It is true. For example, you like white rappers, and Kev hates white rappers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 8:36 pm

Shaun I don't hate white rappers.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 8:41 pm

Liez. I bet you won't download and listen to a Big Jess album right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 10:41 pm

Lol....not right now but I already did back when he 1st rec'ed them. There's a ton of other non white rappers I won't DL right now and listen to either..lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:01 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Well, it's not really my style, but I'd have to give it at least 4.5 stars. Actually, the only thing I can find "wrong" with it is that it's not the type of hip-hop I'm into, really. I'm inconsistent in this respect, though. I go through periods where I like a certain sound, then I drop it and get into something else for awhile.

If you consider it 4.5 stars then it's gotta be pretty dope to you.

Since everybody is talking about this album, I'll download it along with The Old Prince and then let y'all know what I think.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010, 11:50 pm

It is pretty dope. I'm just not usually in the mood for that type of music lately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 12:15 am

Kid Joe wrote:
It is pretty dope. I'm just not usually in the mood for that type of music lately.

Co-sign completely. It's a dope cd, just really REALLY not my thing. This isn't a "mood" thing for me, though, I don't like hearing dudes rap about living in their parents house and shit like that. No disrespect, just not for me. I think you'd dig it, KJ.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 8:12 am

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

Co-sign completely. It's a dope cd, just really REALLY not my thing. This isn't a "mood" thing for me, though, I don't like hearing dudes rap about living in their parents house and shit like that. No disrespect, just not for me. I think you'd dig it, KJ.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 6:27 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

Positive themes and humor? I'm personally a sucker for both. Sometimes I can't stand rappers who take themselves too seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 6:36 pm

I don't like hearing about dudes getting pussy whooped by their women, I don't get pussy whooped, I whoop that pussy. So as long as none of that shit is on the album and dude's got dope lyrics then I'm sure I will dig it, Jeff.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 6:39 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I don't like hearing about dudes getting pussy whooped by their women, I don't get pussy whooped, I whoop that pussy. So as long as none of that shit is on the album and dude's got dope lyrics then I'm sure I will dig it, Jeff.

There's definitely nothing like that on there, KJ.

And the song Jeff is referring to is just about my favorite song on The Old Prince. It's a hilarious song. If you dig some humor in your rap, you'll dig it.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 6:44 pm

The ending freestyle to that song was excellent.

Did you preorder this, Al?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 7:25 pm

Victor Shade wrote:

Yes sir. From Amazon Canada.

I bought both The Old Prince & When This Is Over from Canadian sites too. The Old Prince didn't drop in the US for almost a year after it's Canadian release date.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 6:23 am

back on the similie tip, i agree with pounds, its about what he's saying.
case and point below of how a simple similie is as good as any complex rhyme scheme or yada yada yada.

It's intimate, I keeps the party moving like a imigrant
Maybe you should grab a telescope to see my veiw its like astronomy
High velocity, lyrics like Nastradamus make a prophecy
While I keep it rollin' like parapalegics
You in danger, I got next(necks) like the Boston Strangler
You ain't never heard an emcee speak like this
And Rodney King ain't never felt a beat like this

and thats just one song!!!
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 8:18 am

I just don't see what's so good about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 10:07 am

Jason wrote:
I just don't see what's so good about that.

Exactly. Its good but nothing any other rapper on that level can't spit. Like I said he's an average lyricist who i'm sure at times flexes above average to even maybe good lyricism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 12:20 pm

Well jason has unique tastes so I can't really ever tell what he would consider "good" - as for you kevin.. based on that verse alone Shad is more lyrical than guys like game, willie d, or kanye - which you love... so it all comes down to a matter of preference...which I think is all anyone has ever said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 1:11 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Well jason has unique tastes so I can't really ever tell what he would consider "good" - as for you kevin.. based on that verse alone Shad is more lyrical than guys like game, willie d, or kanye - which you love... so it all comes down to a matter of preference...which I think is all anyone has ever said.

SRP you don't even believe that so stop playing. Shad couldn't even rap in the same room with none of them let alone be compared lyrically to them. I know you want to defend your new boyfriend but stop being so dang silly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 1:15 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

SRP you don't even believe that so stop playing. Shad couldn't even rap in the same room with none of them let alone be compared lyrically to them. I know you want to defend your new boyfriend but stop being so dang silly.

I think your own comments speak volumes as to how seriously your opinion can be taken.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 1:27 pm

"You ain't never heard an emcee speak like this
And Rodney King ain't never felt a beat like this"

I've heard that line used before
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 2:58 pm

Sinj wrote:
back on the similie tip, i agree with pounds, its about what he's saying.
case and point below of how a simple similie is as good as any complex rhyme scheme or yada yada yada.

It's intimate, I keeps the party moving like a imigrant
Maybe you should grab a telescope to see my veiw its like astronomy
High velocity, lyrics like Nastradamus make a prophecy
While I keep it rollin' like parapalegics
You in danger, I got next(necks) like the Boston Strangler
You ain't never heard an emcee speak like this
And Rodney King ain't never felt a beat like this

and thats just one song!!!

That's not a Shad verse guys, it's OneBeLo's first verse on Reality Check. Wow...you guys are slipping...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 3:15 pm

Shaun caught it...lol... I assumed it was from some Shad song I ain't heard....
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 3:16 pm

I think he was just pointing out an example of what he feels is good use of similes.

The problem with similes is that they stick out, and they're good for a quick, direct comparison, but too often rappers pile them one on top of the other, with little relation between them. Metaphors are almost always stronger and more efficient, but not many rappers have really caught on to that, they just follow the same old simile formula.

Mostly, I'm looking for some creative thought, good poetic technique (where those devices translate to lyrics, which they don't always), and a unique lyrical voice (i.e. I could read a verse and have some inkling about who might have written it, without hearing it).
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 9:03 pm

after reading reviews i'll take a link and check it for myself. hope its a quality rip tho... cuz if not that could make it crash & burn right off the bat
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 9:20 pm

" I think he was just pointing out an example of what he feels is good use of similes."

Yeah. I reread it and figured the same thing. Unless Shad iz a bitin' azz hoez
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 9:34 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
after reading reviews i'll take a link and check it for myself. hope its a quality rip tho... cuz if not that could make it crash & burn right off the bat

Never fukkin mind. My sources are way more reliable and quicker than waitin for some amateur to produce a half assed rip link. I'm still gonna check it out but I don't like waiting or being ignored when I ask for a link.... Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 9:40 pm

You're pretty fucking needy, man.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 9:40 pm

You're pretty fucking needy, man.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 9:42 pm

It's all we can do around here to coddle N3R0's fragile emotions.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 9:44 pm

Damn, i would have hooked you up Yogi. You gotta be patient my man. LOL
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 9:49 pm

i can't be more patient.... I got shit to do b4 i get dominos started and i wanted to have that ready to go so i could sample it then and also give romptout a chance to hear it as well. Don't got time for bullshit waiting around...

BTW FUKK OFF Kid Joe. You don't got any clue how i run shit so step off my nuts. Laughing
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 9:56 pm

Keep them shits from draggin. I stomp meeses to pieces wit my Ranger Smith boots.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 10:56 am

yOGi420™ wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:

Never fukkin mind. My sources are way more reliable and quicker than waitin for some amateur to produce a half assed rip link. I'm still gonna check it out but I don't like waiting or being ignored when I ask for a link.... Shaking My Head

LMAO!! I just sent you a link man.

I spend most of my time out in the sun in the summer. Trading links is not high on my priority list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 11:20 am

Did anyone ever say what TSOL stands for?

I've stuck with The Shit Of Luck....

but I assume that is not it.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 2:19 pm

I've listened to the album countless times, and still don't know. lol

I just got my hard copy yesterday though. Nice shit! Full lyric booklet and everything.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 7:49 pm

Alan wrote:
Victor Shade wrote:

I bought both The Old Prince & When This Is Over from Canadian sites too. The Old Prince didn't drop in the US for almost a year after it's Canadian release date.

How much is shipping from Amazon Canada?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 9:04 pm

The science of life
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 9:56 pm

Victor Shade wrote:
Alan wrote:
Victor Shade wrote:

How much is shipping from Amazon Canada?

Like $9 or so....not a very good deal.

Kid Joe wrote:
The science of life

Nice...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 12:06 am

This is out in the states. Amazon for 13.83 shipped New from a marketplace seller.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 12:37 am

Thanks for the info. I will cop this one soon.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010, 9:09 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
This is out in the states. Amazon for 13.83 shipped New from a marketplace seller.

Nice...I'm not too upset about paying $5-$6 more.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 3:14 am

Dope fucking album, favorite song off the album off the third listen is Listen. I love that he's giving props to both the old and new school artists that he listens to, instead of giving props to just the old school artists that paved the way (nothing wrong with that, but it's refreshing for me to hear him big up his peers). I dig this one more than Old Prince, this is my type of shit right here. Top 5 so far.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 6:18 pm

Damn right Tran!

How the hell most people like The Old Prince more than T.S.O.L. baffles me. I've been bumping this since early May and it still beats the old one after a shit load of listens. It's just plain better in every way...even though I love them both.

Still #1 album of the year IMO....by a good margin too.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 6:44 pm

...Cape Verde...
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 8:12 pm

I will get to that soon, Parker.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 8:51 pm

Why does Quik have Pete Rose on his album cover?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 8:52 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!   Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shad - TSOL - Album Of The Year!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2