Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

E-40's Top 5

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 8:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 8:14 pm

LMAO!!! He makes some good points about putting himself at #1, but come on man...lol. Not a humble bone in that man's body. lol

His other picks are not surprising to me.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 8:18 pm

Alan wrote:
LMAO!!! He makes some good points about putting himself at #1, but come on man...lol. Not a humble bone in that man's body. lol

Co-Sign, he's about the only person that would say he's the GOAT though, lol! That fool ain't even close.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 8:20 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

Co-Sign, he's about the only person that would say he's the GOAT though, lol! That fool ain't even close.

Yeah, I mean, that's not even the point of the question. People want to know who his favorite rappers are.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 8:58 pm

That's a pretty good list but I think they need to start these interviews with

excluding yourself....
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 11:34 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

Sorry you can't see past the Brooklyn Bridge.

Also, if he is his own favorite rapper, why lie? If he legitimately listens to his own music and thinks he's the best, why shouldn't he say how he feels? If Nas said that shit, no one would be crying.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 11:39 pm

Uhh... You would
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 May 2010, 11:48 pm

No, I wouldn't. Personally, I think every rapper should be their own favorite.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:59 pm

N3R0N0N Of 0nslaught3r wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:

Sorry you can't see past the Brooklyn Bridge.

Also, if he is his own favorite rapper, why lie? If he legitimately listens to his own music and thinks he's the best, why shouldn't he say how he feels? If Nas said that shit, no one would be crying.

If Nas said that, I think even most of the Nas stans would have some ruffled feathers based on the principal of the matter.

If E-40 really listens to himself most of the time he listens to music aside from the recording process of his music....like if his favorite albums of all time were Hall Of Game, In A Major Way, Federal....and so on and so forth, I'd lose a little bit a of respect for the man regardless of the fact if he's serious or not.

Since when did being humble become a bad thing?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 8:37 pm

Nas says that shit all the time.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 8:56 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Nas says that shit all the time.

Say's what? That he's #1? Or that his favorite rapper of all time is himself and he can't stop stop listening to his own albums because they are the greatest hip-hop albums of all time?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:06 pm

He definitely says as much as E-40 did in that interview.

All the time.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:09 pm

I see what happened. Instead of reading the two paragraphs before judging the man, you decided to take stock in N3R0's overdramatization.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:13 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I see what happened. Instead of reading the two paragraphs before judging the man, you decided to take stock in N3R0's overdramatization.

I did read the whole thing, fool. lol
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:15 pm

I guess I missed the part where he said he can't stop listening to his own albums.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:21 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I guess I missed the part where he said he can't stop listening to his own albums.

I know he didn't say that. I just embellished a bit because he seemed so full of himself. Really, it was a joke, and not to be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:30 pm

I ride with E-40. It makes sense. Rappers are supposed to be cocky.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:32 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I ride with E-40. It makes sense. Rappers are supposed to be cocky.

True...
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:45 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

All the time.

I've heard Nas say that on tracks (as do most artists) but never in an interview.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:49 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

All the time.

I've heard Nas say that on tracks (as do most artists) but never in an interview.

I've heard him say something similar in an interview... and I made a big fuss about it because he is a hypocrite... but truth be told I expected it from him and any rapper really. I mean in its infancy all the rappers were claiming they had the best and hottest records... I don't think 30 years of history means a rapper has to be humble now and say "well my music is good, but not this good"
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:59 pm

Why did you make a big fuss about him saying it in an interview, yet you were fine with E-40 saying it? Sounds like favoritism Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 11:03 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

All the time.

I've heard him say something similar in an interview... and I made a big fuss about it because he is a hypocrite... but truth be told I expected it from him and any rapper really. I mean in its infancy all the rappers were claiming they had the best and hottest records... I don't think 30 years of history means a rapper has to be humble now and say "well my music is good, but not this good"

E-40 is simply a better person than Nas will ever be.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 11:15 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 5:48 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

All the time.

E-40 is simply a better person than Nas will ever be.

You don't know either one of them personally so GTFOH with that bullshit. Can't say I do either, but Nas is simply a better RAPPER than E-40 will ever be.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 6:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
...but Nas is simply a better RAPPER than E-40 will ever be.

Ummm, lots of room for debate there. If we're talking straight up lyricism, E-40 wins easily.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 6:41 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Ummm, lots of room for debate there. If we're talking straight up lyricism, E-40 wins easily.

You're on CRACK Pounds! Personal preference aside, E-40 is nowhere near the lyricist Nas is.

Nas is a consensus GOAT candidate whereas E-40's a fringe West Coast All Star.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 6:47 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

You're on CRACK Pounds! Personal preference aside, E-40 is nowhere near the lyricist Nas is.

KJ, you are not putting your personal preference aside. lol

Personally, I like both artists a good deal. I actually spin them about the same. I don't really care who likes who more, I'm just saying, if you cannot objectively see the talent E-40 has, that's sad. He could spit circles around Nas. Not saying that makes better albums, but come on dude it's a fact plain and simple. E-40 is basically twice as fast.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 6:52 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

KJ, you are not putting your personal preference aside. lol

Personally, I like both artists a good deal. I actually spin them about the same. I don't really care who likes who more, I'm just saying, if you cannot objectively see the talent E-40 has, that's sad. He could spit circles around Nas. Not saying that makes better albums, but come on dude it's a fact plain and simple. E-40 is basically twice as fast.

Please dude, E-40 can't even talk straight half the fucking time. Nas is a far better wordsmith. He has better lyrics, flow, wordplay, vocab, punchlines....he murks 40 Water on EVERY level IMO.

As far as me not seeing his talent, there's a LOT of MC's who you hate on that leave me (and most others) saying "C'Mon Son!!!" So it goes both ways.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 6:56 pm

E-40 better than Nas lyrically? Pounds get off that shit you shooting up man real fast..lol.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 7:02 pm

KRob86 wrote:
E-40 better than Nas lyrically? Pounds get off that shit you shooting up man real fast..lol.

Co-Sign, comparing E-40 to Nas is like comparing a Mini Cooper to a Bentley
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 7:02 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Shooting up? What? lol

I'm not seeing how E-40 isn't clearly a better lyricist.

It makes sense that most people like Nas more. People tend to like simple(r) rappers they can vibe with. Not everyone can follow E-40's flow because it's so complex. That doesn't make Nas a better lyricist though.

Last edited by Alan on Thu 20 May 2010, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 7:03 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Nice job putting your preference aside there, KJ. lol
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 7:10 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I'm just speaking the truth man. Nas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> E-40

Anyone besides you, SRP, or someone that lives in Cali would agree.

It's funny though, you say I'm crazy for not recognizing 40's talent, yet you don't recognize Eminem's, who also murks blows 40 out of the water....pun intended.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 7:13 pm

smh... keep my name out of your mouth KJ.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 7:17 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

LOL, well you sparked this to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 7:20 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I'm just speaking the truth man. Nas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> E-40

Anyone besides you, SRP, or someone that lives in Cali would agree.

It's funny though, you say I'm crazy for not recognizing 40's talent, yet you don't recognize Eminem's, who also murks blows 40 out of the water....pun intended.

LMAO....I recognize Eminem's talent. I just think he's a bleach blonde tampon eating sellout hoe.

Again, I'm not talking about preference. I'm talking about "god given" raw talent. While both have a lot, E-40 has more of that. I've always thought so and always will. I figured anyone with ears would agree.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 7:27 pm

I bet you'd still love Slug if he blew up Pounds.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 7:32 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

LMAO!!! What are you even talking about KJ? lol

I mean, have you read any of my posts? Do they not make sense to you? What does Slug have to do with anything? Are you insinuating that Slug will someday be a sellout? You're losing me with your aimless arguments today, KJ.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 8:22 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I did not. You did.

I stated a fact - that E-40 is a better person than Nas.

You then started going into who YOU think IN YOUR OPINION is the better rapper.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 8:59 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I sure did.....

I stated a opinion - that E-40 is a better person than Nas.

You then stated a FACT when you said Nas is the better rapper.

FIXED!!!!
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 9:04 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I mean, have you read any of my posts? Do they not make sense to you? What does Slug have to do with anything? Are you insinuating that Slug will someday be a sellout? You're losing me with your aimless arguments today, KJ.

Em was critically acclaimed when he was underground, signed with Dre and then blew up. The only thing Em sells out are his concerts and albums when they hit store shelves.

I brought up Slug because I bet that if he were in Em's shoes, you'd label him a "sellout" and turn against him.

As for E-40, he's a joke. He's never dropped anything remotely close to Illmatic nor will he ever. He doesn't have the lyrics, subject matter, flow, wordplay, vocab, or classic quotables that Nasir Jones has under his belt. That comparison is ridiculous.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Thu 20 May 2010, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 9:06 pm

Well Em did sell out KJ - Ass like that? and all the pop wack shit he did... he did sell out... despite him selling out I think pounds shouldn't hold that against his other work.

With regard to both comments you "fixed" they are both opinions KJ. Neither is right or wrong. I think E-40 is a better person than nas is... I think e-40 is a more gifted rhymer than nas with the flow, has tons more charisma, and at his best can match Nas lyrically... that is my opinion. Your opinion is otherwise - in the end both men have about the same number of fans and each is entitled to their opinion.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 9:14 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Well Em did sell out KJ - Ass like that? and all the pop wack shit he did... he did sell out... despite him selling out I think pounds shouldn't hold that against his other work.

With regard to both comments you "fixed" they are both opinions KJ. Neither is right or wrong. I think E-40 is a better person than nas is... I think e-40 is a more gifted rhymer than nas with the flow, has tons more charisma, and at his best can match Nas lyrically... that is my opinion. Your opinion is otherwise - in the end both men have about the same number of fans and each is entitled to their opinion.

Well you made it sound like a FACT which is why I fixed it. And how are you gonna say that E-40's a better person? You don't know either of them on a personal level so you're just talking out of your ass there.

I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion even though I disagree entirely with yours, but you were being hella condescending so I had to come at you.

As for Em, I don't blame him for the pop tracks. He did what he had to do to make dough. There's a lot of guys that don't do pop tracks, and 90% of those MC's NEVER blow up and their albums go wood. Em's smart enough to know that you gotta make some radio friendly shit to sell.

But for every track like "Ass Like That" he's got tracks like Stan, Beautiful, Till I Collapse, I Just Don't Give A Fuck, The Way I Am, Soldier, etc that more than satisfy fans of dope lyricism.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Thu 20 May 2010, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 9:17 pm

I know what Nas and E-40 put out there.. and e-40 is nicer person from that.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 9:21 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I know what Nas and E-40 put out there.. and e-40 is nicer person from that.

You're just speculating as well as using personal preference. Until you meet both of them in person then that's all it is.

While I don't know Nas personally, I know he's given to mad charities and helped out less fortunate people so that makes him a good person in my book. E-40 may well be a nice person, but he's not on Nas' level as an MC IMO.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 9:23 pm

If I met them both in person they both could lie to me so that makes no sense. What charities has nas helped? we need facts here KJ. E-40 gave me hope for free.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 10:17 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Em was critically acclaimed when he was underground, signed with Dre and then blew up. The only thing Em sells out are his concerts and albums when they hit store shelves.

I brought up Slug because I bet that if he were in Em's shoes, you'd label him a "sellout" and turn against him.

As for E-40, he's a joke. He's never dropped anything remotely close to Illmatic nor will he ever. He doesn't have the lyrics, subject matter, flow, wordplay, vocab, or classic quotables that Nasir Jones has under his belt. That comparison is ridiculous.

Wow...you just can't get past your bias/preference for one topic. You seriously have to be deaf to say E-40 doesn't have more talent in the flow, wordplay, and vocab department. Seriously. Whatever though, I'm done because you are too much of a fan boy.

As for Slug. If he started making crappy pop songs, damn straight I'd quit listening. I hate that gay shit.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 10:34 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Wow...you just can't get past your bias/preference for one topic. You seriously have to be deaf to say E-40 doesn't have more talent in the flow, wordplay, and vocab department. Seriously. Whatever though, I'm done because you are too much of a fan boy.

As for Slug. If he started making crappy pop songs, damn straight I'd quit listening. I hate that gay shit.

Naw Pounds, it's you that's deaf. Nas is one of the most critically acclaimed lyricists of all time. He ranks up there with guys like Rakim, G Rap, Kane, Black Thought, Andre 3000, and any other great lyricist that comes to mind. E-40, not so much. You can disagree if you want, but I'm keepin it real.

It's clear that you dislike damn near everything radio friendly but it's whatever. Eminem is still an elite MC though whether you choose to believe it or not.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 10:38 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
If I met them both in person they both could lie to me so that makes no sense. What charities has nas helped? we need facts here KJ. E-40 gave me hope for free.

Hope for free?? WTF?? It makes perfect sense, but again you were talking out of your ass when you said that 40 was a better person. Unless you know both him and Nas personally you can't back that up with any facts.

And if you want one example, Nas along with Damian Marley are helping people in Africa build homes from the proceeds of Distant Relatives.
Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 10:45 pm

CAMP HANSEN, Okinawa (December 14, 2007) -- More than 700 service members attended a free concert featuring Earl Stevens, known as E-40, and The Fly Boiz Dec. 7 at The Palms on Camp Hansen during the entertainers' first overseas tour, which was part of the Beating the Blues campaign.

your move
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

E-40's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-40's Top 5   E-40's Top 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E-40's Top 5
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: