Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Perception of Lil Wayne?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Perception of Lil Wayne? Empty
PostSubject: The Perception of Lil Wayne?   The Perception of Lil Wayne? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 9:24 am

These are the comments from a couple of the Distant Relatives review

"'My Generation' is the infamous song that includes a Lil Wayne feature. Surprisingly, his verse isn't too "different" so he isn't the burden that fans thought he would initially be."

"I was amazed to hear that they would actually let Lil Wayne be on an album like this. Its pretty rare to hear Lil Wayne do a verse without cursing whatsoever, if Lil Wayne could put this much effort in his verses in every song he does, he could become legendary."

I told a few people yesterday that i completely expected to hear these exact comments. Most people who are really familiar with Lil Wayne know these types of verses aren't out of the ordinary. Listen to Tie My Hands, Georgia Bush, I Miss My Dawgs, and Everything. There's more than just those, but i think people get the point. IMO, the people who are surprised by this type of verse from Wayne just aren't really familiar with his career and discog. I would assume people are basing these comments on public perception and his singles, and it's these same people who like to say Wayne is wack, and Wayne is what's wrong with hip hop. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Perception of Lil Wayne?   The Perception of Lil Wayne? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:04 am

I feel you but most people only base "facts" off face value. rarely do they dig deeper into the persons persona. Most should know that wayne actually did not use any profanity when rappin period for the longest. He really didn't start cussing until Cash Money started unfolding and he got the spotlight on him. And that is where I think Wayne lost me. I understand people change and their outlook on things change with time but to me he lost that core that made him one of my fav's in Cash Money. The dude had some lyrical skills when he was actually writing his rhymes down.

But now he just seems to be happy with just rapping off random bars about nothing really. He gets away with it because 1st of all your average listener cares less about lyrics and 2nd his flow and delivery is crazy and stands out.

Last edited by KRob86 on Wed 19 May 2010, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Perception of Lil Wayne?   The Perception of Lil Wayne? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 10:12 am

KRob86 wrote:
I feel you but most people only base "facts" off face value. rarely do they dig deeper into the persons persona. Most should know that wayne actually did not use any profanity when rappin period for the longest. He really didn't start cussing until Cash Money started unfolding and he got the spotlight on him. And that is where I think Wayne lost me. I understand people change and their outlook on things change with time but to me he lost that core that made him one of my fav's in Cash Money. The dude had some lyrical skills when he was actually writing his rhymes down.

But now he just seem to be happy with just rapping off random bars about nothing really. He gets away with because 1st of all your average listener caresless about lyrics and 2nd his flow and delivery is crazy and stands out.

yeah, i don't disagree with that. I just think people don't give him a fair chance a lot of the time. I mean his status in the game right now was directly built on the first two Carter albums. People see this person who was made into a larger than life figure by a lot of pop boppers, and they directly base his place in the game on the album he released at the peak of his hype. If people do that, they are not getting the fulll picture. The Carter III was nothing more than an average-slightly above average album. I just feel they owe it to themself to dig deeper to see the root cause of his hype.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: The Perception of Lil Wayne?   The Perception of Lil Wayne? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 6:17 pm

T. Myers wrote:
"I was amazed to hear that they would actually let Lil Wayne be on an album like this. Its pretty rare to hear Lil Wayne do a verse without cursing whatsoever, if Lil Wayne could put this much effort in his verses in every song he does, he could become legendary."

Whoever said that must have just got on the bandwagon....Wayne went about a decade without cursing...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Perception of Lil Wayne?   The Perception of Lil Wayne? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 6:39 pm

"Whoever said that must have just got on the bandwagon....Wayne went about a decade without cursing..."

90% of people who listen to Wayne don't know that he rapped before '05...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Perception of Lil Wayne?   The Perception of Lil Wayne? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:04 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Whoever said that must have just got on the bandwagon....Wayne went about a decade without cursing..."

90% of people who listen to Wayne don't know that he rapped before '05...

Co-sign norf and Shaun
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The Perception of Lil Wayne?   The Perception of Lil Wayne? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 9:02 pm

ditto
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Perception of Lil Wayne?   The Perception of Lil Wayne? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 9:32 pm

I'm not a Wayne fan, but he usually comes correct on his guest appearances and he definitely do so on Distant Relatives.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Perception of Lil Wayne?   The Perception of Lil Wayne? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 10:07 pm

You can't pick and choose what to judge a man on. I saw the Couric interview. The man's a fucking douche.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Perception of Lil Wayne?   The Perception of Lil Wayne? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Perception of Lil Wayne?
Page 1 of 1