Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection Empty
PostSubject: The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection   The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:22 pm

You'd be hard-pressed to find a better jazz/funk group than the James Taylor Quartet. I've been hooked since I heard the song Killin Time. They hail from England but don't let the location fool you. This is quality from top to bottom. I just bought the album Hammond-Ology from them and that is pretty much an expanded version of this album/greatest hits. This group has been around for quite a long time and I only stumbled upon them about a month ago.

If you want to read more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Taylor_Quartet

For any one into the funk/jazz scene I think this will be a pleasant surprise. Another classic in every sense of the word.

Hell yes ^_^

Perfection...top shelf

I'll review Hammond-Ology when I get it. I expect it to be even better than this.

Bonus song..Killin Time which is my fav from them

If you need a link let me know
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection   The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:31 pm

These guys are dope. My friend put me onto them a while back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection   The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:32 pm

Did you ever figure out who the rapper was?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection   The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 7:33 pm

I haven't, and I'm pretty sure Cise would have been all excited about it.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection   The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 9:05 pm

The rappers name is supposedly Piece of Mind. Not to be confused with the Tela album or the rock band. I can't find a single thing about him. Not a single thing.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection   The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 5:15 pm

I just got my Hammond-Ology cd and was looking inside the insert and Piece of Mind turned out to be a group that formed in 1991 and quickly disbanded. That's a real shame. Whoever that MC is, he sure can flow.

Anyways I'll have a review of this album shortly but so far I'm really digging it.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection   The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 12:05 am

I'm probably about to overdose on this band in the near future.

Are you into Daptone Records, Cise?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection   The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 1:05 am

Not familiar with them. Care to enlighten me?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection   The James Taylor Quartet - Blow Up! A James Taylor Quartet Collection Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 1:44 am