Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009 Midway Point Rankings

Go down 
+10
Dang! Trotter
D.Powell
J. Harris
parker lewis
Haterex
Justin Linker
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
Jason
Shaun
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:47 pm

Haterex wrote:
Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:
Haterex wrote:
Haterex wrote:
Haterex wrote:
Tanya Morgan sucks ass!!! You guys are crazy.

Now I know why you changed you name. lol

I'm not trying to be a hater with this one, but I checked out Tanya Morgan from all the hype, and I just don't see what all the noise is about.

It's not your style at all. So I understand why you don't like it. Obviously, people like other styles that you don't like. I like all the rappers in the group. I think they have fresh styles and charismatic personalities, and are all nice songwriters. Moreover, they work great together and have great chemistry. However, the album wouldn't be that stellar without Von Pea's production, which is extremely dope IMO, and ties it all together nicely. In fact, Von Pea, based on this album alone, is now on my radar as a new favorite producer of mine. All the ingredients make up a collection of skip free tracks IMO.

but they're gay.

LMAO!! Well, I let you know why people like them. Like I said, they are not your style. We all know you have specific tastes Ex...it's not a surprise.

but people are gay. Kool Jon likes those dudes, nuff said.

First of all asshole, I haven't even LISTENED to Tanya Morgan yet. Second of all, who the fuck are you to talk shit about me? You don't even know me like that. I'm straight up and down like 6 o'clock! Keep my name out of your bitch ass mouth you punk motherfucker!
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:49 pm

Homo thug ^^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:50 pm

Haterex wrote:
Homo thug ^^^

Nah, that would be you faggot! I've been in more pussy than a box of Kotex. You're nothin more than a internet wanksta.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:55 pm

Internet wanksta huh? You're the one acting like a tough guy on the internet, you fucking genius. You're a horse faced midget, nobody takes you seriously, guy.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:56 pm

N3RO I know you did not just ABUSE your admin powers and delete all my posts??

if you did then that's just a straight up bitch move....because you don't agree with something you delete it?? what the fuck is that??
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:58 pm

D.Powell wrote:
N3RO I know you did not just ABUSE your admin powers and delete all my posts??

if you did then that's just a straight up bitch move....because you don't agree with something you delete it?? what the fuck is that??

LOL! Powell, you are on page two of this thread. Go back to page one to see your posts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:02 pm

Thanks, though Powell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:11 pm

Haterex wrote:
Internet wanksta huh? You're the one acting like a tough guy on the internet, you fucking genius. You're a horse faced midget, nobody takes you seriously, guy.

I'm 6'2'' 260 pounds you bitch ass motherfucker! The difference between me and you is that I can back up what I say!

You started shit with me, saying that I'm gay (which I'm NOT) and that if I like an artist then they're gay (which is ALSO BULLSHIT). I haven't even heard Tanya Morgan as of yet and you're gonna put my name in your mouth like that!

I like Biggie, Nas, ATCQ, Public Enemy, The Roots, 2Pac, Outkast, Wu Tang, Jay Z, Big L, and Big Daddy Kane among others, are they gay too?

You're a fuckin MORON! Go play in traffic you worthless piece of shit!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:14 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Go play in traffic you worthless piece of shit!

LMAO classic
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:33 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Haterex wrote:

I'm 6'2'' 260 pounds you bitch ass motherfucker! The difference between me and you is that I can back up what I say!

You started shit with me, saying that I'm gay (which I'm NOT) and that if I like an artist then they're gay (which is ALSO BULLSHIT). I haven't even heard Tanya Morgan as of yet and you're gonna put my name in your mouth like that!

I like Biggie, Nas, ATCQ, Public Enemy, The Roots, 2Pac, Outkast, Wu Tang, Jay Z, Big L, and Big Daddy Kane among others, are they gay too?

Simple John, you have the most basic tastes in rap ever. I'm not talking shit about anyone you like, but your name dropping looks like a VH1 hip hop top 10 list. Why are you so sensitive about your sexuality dude? Nobody here cares if you're a gay. Stop sweating it and getting bent out of shape you big homo.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:36 pm

lol this thread is classic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:40 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

wait didnnt i say that to you. lol you not stealin my lines now kj
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:49 pm

The Mothafuckin GZA wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

We've said lots of shit to each other Cory, so I don't remember everything.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:50 pm

You don't remember ANYTHING you big dummy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:53 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Don't pay attention to Exzakt. He's talking out of his ass on this one (as usual). Don't let that deter you from peeping that Tanya Morgan, Kool John. I bet you'll really like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:54 pm

Haterex wrote:
You don't remember ANYTHING you big dummy!

whats up with the Sanford and son jokes
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:54 pm

"Nobody here cares if you're a gay. Stop sweating it and getting bent out of shape you big homo."

L
O
L
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:57 pm

Haterex wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Haterex wrote:

Simple John, you have the most basic tastes in rap ever. I'm not talking shit about anyone you like, but your name dropping looks like a VH1 hip hop top 10 list. Why are you so sensitive about your sexuality dude? Nobody here cares if you're a gay. Stop sweating it and getting bent out of shape you big homo.

You calling someone gay doesn't hold any merit anyway, so whatever cuz you just say that about anything (or anyone) you don't like.

And you were like "Oh Kool John likes them, so they must be gay" WTF kinda bullshit is that?

As for my rap taste being basic, are Lupe Fiasco, Little Brother, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Jurassic 5, Del, and Joe Budden on VH1 or MTV's Top 10 list? No they aren't, so you're WRONG again as usual. Oh and BTW, I also enjoyed Jay Stay Paid, which YOU called the album of the year thus far. I have it 2nd personally.

Get your facts straight before you start callin names out, dumbass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:59 pm

"Lupe Fiasco, Little Brother, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Jurassic 5, Del, and Joe Budden"

those still are well known rapppers/groups. Not to start shit, but name something more unknown next time around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:00 pm

"Lupe Fiasco, Little Brother, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Jurassic 5, Del, and Joe Budden"

those still are well known rapppers/groups. Not to start shit, but name something more unknown next time around.

2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 313114
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:02 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Don't pay attention to Exzakt. He's talking out of his ass on this one (as usual). Don't let that deter you from peeping that Tanya Morgan, Kool John. I bet you'll really like it.

Oh I definitely plan on checkin it out Pounds. Ex can eat a dick! I'll download Tanya Morgan right after I listen to this Mobb Deep joint, which I'm doing as we speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:03 pm

Ok, how about One Be Lo, Blu & Exile, and Vakill? I dig them too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:15 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

And why would you really need to put a list of rappers out there anyway? You put some of the most details into your posts on this forum, KJ. Always naming albums AND songs you like off of so many albums. I'm not sure I understand why everyone always wants you to create so many damn lists. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:19 pm

KJ, come on now, if you like Tanya Morgan I'm revoking your hip-hop pass for real son. Anyone giving that more than a 3.5 is high.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:21 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

And why would you really need to put a list of rappers out there anyway? You put some of the most details into your posts on this forum, KJ. Always naming albums AND songs you like off of so many albums. I'm not sure I understand why everyone always wants you to create so many damn lists. lol

You're absolutely right Pounds. I'm glad you recognize my contributions to this forum. Ex only posts in here once in a blue moon so he hasn't seen the shit I've contributed to this and the other forum that Steve had before it folded. Not that I care about his opinion, I'm just saying.

People DO take me seriously now that they've gotten to know me, and I'm happy about that. Anybody that doesn't like me or tries to knock me can kiss my black ass, and that's real talk.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:45 pm

It's alright kool John, I'm just messing with you anyways. You're a decent person so I take back all the harsh things I said about you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:20 pm

Haterex wrote:
It's alright kool John, I'm just messing with you anyways. You're a decent person so I take back all the harsh things I said about you.

Aight Ex, apology accepted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:27 pm

Steve wrote:
KJ, come on now, if you like Tanya Morgan I'm revoking your hip-hop pass for real son. Anyone giving that more than a 3.5 is high.

Steve, you're cool peeps but I don't like how you're trying to make it like your opinions are law, which is what you used to accuse me of back on Amazon.

You can't revoke my hip-hop pass, nobody can! It's part of who I am. Always have been, always will be!

Yes, I did like the Tanya Morgan joint. The beats were dope and the rhymes were above average. It's not a classic but it's bangin nonetheless. Powell liked it too, so I had a feeling that I would like it. Powell and I don't agree on everything, but our tastes are fairly similar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:16 pm

My UPDATED Midway rankings....

Torae & Marco Polo- Double Barrel- 5 stars
Joe Budden- Padded Room- 4.5 stars
J Dilla- Jay Stay Paid- 4.5 stars
UGK- 4 Life- 4.5 stars
Eminem- Relaspe- 4.25 stars
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:18 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
My UPDATED Midway rankings....

Torae & Marco Polo- Double Barrel- 5 stars
Joe Budden- Padded Room- 4.5 stars
J Dilla- Jay Stay Paid- 4.5 stars
UGK- 4 Life- 4.5 stars
Eminem- Relaspe- 4.25 stars

Damn, you're feeling Double Barrel that much? I thought it was insane the first time, but it's at 4.25 stars now. Dope album nonetheless
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:19 pm

damn, got the marco polo that high? surprising, i havent given it a full listen yet, torae is an okay MC but the production is bangin, kinda like on daily conversation where torae couldnt keep up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 8:53 pm

I think it's the production that has me feelin that way about Double Barrel. I spun it twice and I can honestly say that I liked every track, which I can't say for any other album I've heard thus far in 2009.

Whether it stands the test of time remains to be seen. But right now I have it rated as a classic. Not since Nocturnal have I dug a Duck Down release so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 9:07 pm

Looks like everybody forgot about that Saigon/Statik Selektah album everybody was hyping up earlier this year, I think the same will happen with Torae and Tanya Morgan.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 2:30 am

Busdriver--Jhelli Beam
Absract Rude--Rejuvenation
Rise--project Risen
Marq Spect--Guilty party
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 5:39 pm

1. Dalek - Gutter Tactics
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 12:58 am

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Busdriver--Jhelli Beam
Absract Rude--Rejuvenation
Rise--project Risen
Marq Spect--Guilty party

Trotter, I haven't heard anything about that Rise album. I take it you like the album. Where can I get it?
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 1:21 pm

Dela--Changes of Atmosphere
Grouch and Eligh--Say |G & E
Rise and the avid record collector--risen
Finale--a pipe dream and a promise
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 3:40 pm

Who's got the scoop on that Rise album?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 3:45 pm

Purple Haze wrote:
Who's got the scoop on that Rise album?

Shit is TIGHT! It's called "Risen".

Rise is the rapper, and The Avid Record Collector is the producer. IMO, the beats on this album are some of the finest beats I've heard all year. Dude's got an ear for fantastic samples. Rise is good too. Not mind blowing, and I actually like him more than I did when I was first spinning it. He's got a smooth flow with nice lyrics, but is still not spectacular. Overall, the production makes it a winner. I've spun it a solid 10 times since I got it.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 4:08 pm

Alan wrote:

Rise is the rapper, and The Avid Record Collector is the producer. IMO, the beats on this album are some of the finest beats I've heard all year. Dude's got an ear for fantastic samples. Rise is good too. Not mind blowing, and I actually like him more than I did when I was first spinning it. He's got a smooth flow with nice lyrics, but is still not spectacular. Overall, the production makes it a winner. I've spun it a solid 10 times since I got it.

Thanks Al. I was a little confused because Trotter & Sinj.of.SA had two different titles. But I found it a few minutes ago. can't wait to hear it. I always dug Rise's appearances.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 4:25 pm

Purple Haze wrote:
Alan wrote:

Thanks Al. I was a little confused because Trotter & Sinj.of.SA had two different titles. But I found it a few minutes ago. can't wait to hear it. I always dug Rise's appearances.

Yeah, Parker and I believe RuKuS were talking Rise up as this crazy dope emcee. He's dope, but he is not that spectacular IMO. I got that R.Kive with all his guest spots and some other stuff...which is supposedly better (rapping-wise), but I honestly like him more overall on this new album. I mean, he probably had a few guest spots that were better, but I jive better with this whole album.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 7:42 pm

yo srp this is one of those threads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Midway Point Rankings   2009 Midway Point Rankings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 Midway Point Rankings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Classic Threads and Discussions-
Jump to: