Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21

Go down 
+7
D.Powell
Dwight
E. Taylor
Funk Seoul Brother
T. Myers
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
11 posters

?
top 25
Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Vote_lcap29%Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
top 50
Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Vote_lcap57%Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Vote_rcap
 57% [ 8 ]
neither
Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Vote_lcap14%Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Empty
PostSubject: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 12:47 pm

Little Brother - The Minstrel Show

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Littlebrother_minstrels_show
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 12:49 pm

Oh man. The "hometown hip-hop heroes" from NC...I like this album alot, top 50. probably #50...and yes, there is bias.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 12:53 pm

eh, it's my favorite of theirs. Probably top 50, but i dunno
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 12:54 pm

Link you didn't vote....

Top 50 for me easily. They'll have two albums in my top 50.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 1:29 pm

Top 25 I suppose. The album that got me into real hip hop
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 1:50 pm

Top 50
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 2:13 pm

Top 25
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 3:17 pm

top 50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 3:24 pm

Top 10
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 4:01 pm

top 15 from the south EASILY..

they've got 2 that get in on my list...Chitlin Circuit 1.5 would gain entry as well but that one would be top 10 from the south for me....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 4:15 pm

D.Powell wrote:

they've got 2 that get in on my list...Chitlin Circuit 1.5 would gain entry as well but that one would be top 10 from the south for me....

You're a biased ol fool. TI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Phonte, and that's coming from a southerner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 4:16 pm

Phonte's a better lyricist than T.I., the only T.I. album that comes even close to this is Trap Muzik.

Plus you bamma's ain't got no love for Little Brother anyway, so that's a moot point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 4:32 pm

Phonte may be a betta punchline rapper than TI but I don't know about overall. Thats debatable not as cut and dry as some may think. With that being said i'll take this album and Get Back over all TI albums except maybe Paper Trail and Trap Muzik.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 4:53 pm

I think you and me are really the only people that really dig "Getback" around here Kev. I actually like that album alot. Not near as bad as some people would have you believe.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 4:58 pm

Neither.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 5:32 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

You're a biased ol fool. TI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Phonte, and that's coming from a southerner.

much love to T.I...Trap Muzik and Paper Trail both get top 50 status from the south from me...but LYRICALLY he is NOT fuckin with Phonte in any way, shape or form..

that shit is not even close IMO....Phonte would eat up T.I. and spit his short ass out and leave him for roadkill...buried right on the side of the road....lol..next to the deers and racoons

Phonte>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T.I. quite easily!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:13 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

much love to T.I...Trap Muzik and Paper Trail both get top 50 status from the south from me...but LYRICALLY he is NOT fuckin with Phonte in any way, shape or form..

that shit is not even close IMO....Phonte would eat up T.I. and spit his short ass out and leave him for roadkill...buried right on the side of the road....lol..next to the deers and racoons

Phonte>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T.I. quite easily!

yeah, and Phonte is a top 20 mc over dudes like Em and Monch, right? LOL! If Phonte is better than TI lyrically, it's not by much, and TI's flow and delivery are killing Phonte quite easily. c'mon, you know it's the truth. Plus Phonte has peaked. Have you heard TI's new shit? The dude keeps getting better
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:24 pm

Top 50
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:28 pm

IMO Monch and Eminem are vastly overrated and not worthy of top 20 status..if thats the case then I would put Canibus in over both of those dudes because LYRICALLY he smashes both of them IMO

in the case of Phonte he has impressed me lyrically since I first heard him man...I think his flow compared to T.I.'s is like night and day and I happen to like daytime just a lot better

I haven't heard Tip's new shit though...I will be getting it shortly because I am a fan of the mans...T.I. is real dope to me but Phonte compared to him is next level shit to me man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:40 pm

TI is simply a betta emcee overall than Phonte. Phonte is dope and I can see why you would hold him in high regards but he's a one trick pony delivery wise where TI can switch his flows at will and still remain lyrical. And comparing Phonte to Em and Monch is very very disrespectful imo. That shit is not even cool. Monch worst rhymes murk Phonte's good ones.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:43 pm

Not seeing these TI claims. Maybe I'm a hater? Phonte sounds way better to these ears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 6:55 pm

Ah Alan you are the same dude who neithered Cuban Linx, hates Eminem, thinks Young MC had real skills, and never heard a DMX album. So what does Phonte and your ears mean?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:01 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Ah Alan you are the same dude who neithered Cuban Linx, hates Eminem, thinks Young MC had real skills, and never heard a DMX album. So what does Phonte and your ears mean?

Cuban Linx is a classic IMO. Just not top 50 of the east to me. Do you understand that? It's not that hard to understand seeing how there are 100s of classics from the east. Your opinion of it being that high is like me giving Digable Planets top 50 in the east (which I would).

I've heard enough DMX to know he's downright one of the most annoying rappers I've ever heard. I would never even waste my time trying to listen to a full album of his.

I do hate Eminem. But it's not that I don't feel he's talented. He's just a sell-out bitch and is even more annoying than DMX to me.

And Young MC did have real skills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:02 pm

Ok, time for Kool J to add his two cents.

First of all to Powell. I like Phonte, and I think he's MUCH better than the bammas here give him credit for (I'll get into that later) but he ain't fuckin with Eminem or Pharoahe Monch on ANY LEVEL. I know you've criticized Em for making "silly" songs but he did that to make money, and personally I don't blame him. Also, when Em gets serious he's EASILY one of the best in the game. Phonte couldn't see Em if he got laser eye surgery.

While I think that Terry overrates Pharoahe Monch a bit, he's definitely a lyrical beast and another guy Phonte can't see line for line. Neither guy is a Top 20 MC IMO, but Monch owns Phonte on the mic lyrically.

Secondly to Pounds. YES, YOU ARE A HATER!!! You're pretty adverse to a lot of different types of hip-hop. How the fuck you gonna hate on guys like Em, Jay Z, Luda, and T.I. and then say Young MC had real skills!!! C'MON SON, GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT!!! Those guys rip Young MC to shreds!!! That said, I do agree that Phonte is better than T.I.

I think people on this forum dislike or underrate Phonte because he doesn't have the style of a typical Southern MC and the fact that LB pays homage to ATCQ. To that, I say so what!!! To me, he's the Q-Tip of the south. I'm not saying that he's as dope as Q-Tip, but his style is very similar. Some others here aren't high on Tip either, which explains why they don't hold Phonte in very high regard.

I'd personally trade the overrated Cormega to the South for Phonte in a HEARTBEAT if I had the power to do so. Then both sides would be happy Big Grin

Last edited by KJ Styles on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 7:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:03 pm

KRob86 wrote:
So what does Phonte and your ears mean?

Are you actually asking me what I meant by it? Or are you being sarcastic?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:06 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

First of all to Powell. I like Phonte, and I think he's MUCH better than the bammas here give him credit for (I'll get into that later) but he ain't fuckin with Eminem or Pharoahe Monch on ANY LEVEL. I know you've criticized Em for making "silly" songs but he did that to make money, and personally I don't blame him. Also, when Em gets serious he's EASILY one of the best in the game. Phonte couldn't see Em if he got laser eye surgery.

While I think that Terry overrates Pharoahe Monch a bit, he's definitely a lyrical beast and another guy Phonte can't see line for line. Neither guy is a Top 20 MC IMO, but Monch owns Phonte on the mic lyrically.

Secondly to Pounds. YES, YOU ARE A HATER!!! You're pretty adverse to a lot of different types of hip-hop. T.I. is a dope MC. That said, I do agree that Phonte is better.

I think people on this site dislike or underrate Phonte because he doesn't have the style of a typical Southern MC and the fact that LB pays homage to ATCQ. To that, I say so what!!! To me, he's the Q-Tip of the south. Not saying that he's as dope as Q-Tip, but his style is very similar. Some others here aren't high on Tip either, which explains why they don't hold Phonte in very high regard.

I'd personally trade the overrated Cormega to the South for Phonte in a HEARTBEAT if I had the power to do so. Then both sides would be happy Big Grin

hahahaha, good post KJ. As much as they think they may be the next ATCQ, Phonte ain't fucking with Q-tip IMO. I think Q-Tip is overrated by people here, but he's still plenty able to take out Phonte too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:09 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Secondly to Pounds. YES, YOU ARE A HATER!!! You're pretty adverse to a lot of different types of hip-hop. T.I. is a dope MC. That said, I do agree that Phonte is better.

I think people on this site dislike or underrate Phonte because he doesn't have the style of a typical Southern MC and the fact that LB pays homage to ATCQ. To that, I say so what!!! To me, he's the Q-Tip of the south. Not saying that he's as dope as Q-Tip, but his style is very similar. Some others here aren't high on Tip either, which explains why they don't hold Phonte in very high regard.

hahahaha, good post KJ. As much as they think they may be the next ATCQ, Phonte ain't fucking with Q-tip IMO. I think Q-Tip is overrated by people here, but he's still plenty able to take out Phonte too.

I know that Q-Tip is better than Phonte, and I said it above. Tip is one of my all time favorites and is better than you give him credit for though. While I don't have Phonte rated as high as Powell does, I think he's a lot better than people in this forum give him credit for.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:10 pm

Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Alan I swear sometimes I can just punch you in your stomach.....I was being sarcastic Fred Savage..lol.

And KJ get off this Phonte is just not your typical southern emcee trip. That shit is lame and sounds like a comforting excuse for you to make bias comments. No one here is denying Phonte's skills but we don't have to think he's betta than TI lyrically just because he's not "typical". I just know that east coast fanboys overrate Phonte just because he's a half breed style wise. And because they don't dig many southern emcees style if its not east coast influenced.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:14 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Alan I swear sometimes I can just punch you in your stomach.....I was being sarcastic Fred Savage..lol.

And KJ get off this Phonte is just not your typical southern emcee trip. That shit is lame and sounds like a comforting excuse for you to make bias comments. No one here is denying Phonte's skills but we don't have to think he's betta than TI lyrically just because he's not "typical". I just know that east coast fanboys overrate Phonte just because he's a half breed style wise. And because they don't dig many southern emcees style if its not east coast influenced.

co-sign
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:16 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Well it's the truth Kev, he's NOT the typical Southern MC. I don't have a problem with someone liking T.I. better, I just think that Phonte is hated on by most here, and what I said above is the reason for that hate.

I bet if dude started spittin gangster shit he'd probably be in your Top 20, LMAO!!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:17 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Alan wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Still haven't learned sarcasm doesn't always translate into words on a screen, eh?
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:21 pm

Top 50 for me
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 7:47 pm

hmm T.I.
Cee-Lo
Andre 3000
Ludacris
Scarface
Bun B
Pimp C
Eightball and MJG
Field Mob
Cunninlynguists (I know I fucked this spelling all up..lol)
Ghetto Mafia

I LOVE all of these southern hip-hop artists and a few more and NONE of these guys IMO have an "east coast influenced" style...they all sound pretty southern to me..so Kev and Terry the head dickheads in charge of that ever lasting and ever loving SOUTHERN COUNCIL please do all of us east coast fan boys a favor and shut the fuck up! Big Grin thank you very much in advance fellas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 8:16 pm

I highly doubt you love those artists but they are not east coast styled rappers so I give you that.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 8:56 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

You ain't no got-damn southerner. If you're not involved with incest, Nascar or moonshine then go back to Michigan!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 8:59 pm

I'm involved with moonshine. is that enough?
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 9:38 pm

Only if you give me some..
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jun 2010, 11:56 pm

"Cunninlynguists (I know I fucked this spelling all up..lol)"

That is spelled correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 21
Page 1 of 1