Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remember this album #15

Go down 
+2
D.Powell
T. Myers
6 posters

?
Remember this album #15 Vote_lcap0%Remember this album #15 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Remember this album #15 Vote_lcap67%Remember this album #15 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Remember this album #15 Vote_lcap17%Remember this album #15 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Remember this album #15 Vote_lcap16%Remember this album #15 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
No rating
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Remember this album #15 Empty
PostSubject: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 7:59 am

Remember this album #15 Blunted_On_Reality
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 8:34 am

Yeah, i remember it, and it wasn't very good. This and The Score are like night and day for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 8:39 am

Yeah the production is weak overall on this one. But Wayne can you please nominate some other albums sir.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 8:41 am

KRob86 wrote:
Yeah the production is weak overall on this one. But Wayne can you please nominate some other albums sir.

I don't think he knows "other" albums. LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 9:56 am

True.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 10:28 am

oh no President Kev Obama and Vice President Terry Biden of the GREAT SOUTHERN COUNCIL are not feeling what your doing Wayne, you better switch that shit up before they call out the troops on you...lol

nominate some Killer Mike...Outkast.....Geto Boys.....Eightball and MJG...and Skinny Black (go watch the movie..lol) or it's your ass! no homo

as for this Fugees nomination that record was a 2.75 stars effort....the Fugees hadn't quite grown into themselves yet...this album they were still learning their craft...they had a remix version for Vocab which was bangin and of course they had Nappy Heads as the lead single but most of the album was kinda boring...2.75 stars IMO!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 10:45 am

um yeah, i don't think i said anything about his choices, and i don't recall asking for southern albums either. good try though.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 11:17 am

T. Myers wrote:
um yeah, i don't think i said anything about his choices, and i don't recall asking for southern albums either. good try though.

lol stop acting like a childish idiot, its clearly what you were implying whether you admit it or not
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 11:22 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

lol stop acting like a childish idiot, its clearly what you were implying whether you admit it or not

um no again. Wayne's exposure and knowledge is limited(what he know, he knows very well). He's admitted as such. As far as my implications, there were none. I clearly stated Wayne only knows one type of "album" for the most part, and a zebra ain't gonna change its stripes. People need to quit trying to put words in my mouth. If i had a problem with Wayne's choices, i would say so just like i did with KJ(which i was wrong for doing). I've been down that road before, and i choose not to go down it again.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 11:29 am

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

um no again. Wayne's exposure and knowledge is limited(what he know, he knows very well). He's admitted as such. As far as my implications, there were none. I clearly stated Wayne only knows one type of "album" for the most part, and a zebra ain't gonna change its stripes. People need to quit trying to put words in my mouth. If i had a problem with Wayne's choices, i would say so just like i did with KJ(which i was wrong for doing). I've been down that road before, and i choose not to go down it again.

thats fine, but you said "other" which like you just said implies other styles and regions, including the south. So like i said, whether you explicitly said it or not "other" automatically includes the south, west, whatever other style. But its not far fetched to think of "south" as the front runner of your comment considering it was directed at KRob, about Wayne, and any 4 year old with any reading comprehension skills that has been on this forum long enough would knows the history there.

just sayin, not trying to start anything
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 11:37 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

thats fine, but you said "other" which like you just said implies other styles and regions, including the south. So like i said, whether you explicitly said it or not "other" automatically includes the south, west, whatever other style. But its not far fetched to think of "south" as the front runner of your comment considering it was directed at KRob, about Wayne, and any 4 year old with any reading comprehension skills that has been on this forum long enough would knows the history there.

Again, people assume it's always the south i favor, or it's the south i am trying to defend. Maybe people should take those reading comprehension skills over to the top 10 albums and mc's thread and take a gander at my top 10 mc's and albums. People infer what they want to infer, but people get it twisted way too often.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 11:56 am

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Again, people assume it's always the south i favor, or it's the south i am trying to defend. Maybe people should take those reading comprehension skills over to the top 10 albums and mc's thread and take a gander at my top 10 mc's and albums. People infer what they want to infer, but people get it twisted way too often.

again, people probably do get it twisted but that doesn't really matter. All that matters is how people view what you typed

people assume random things about Wu and my posts, and people do the same with you and the south....not saying its true or right but thats how people are going to view it
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 12:02 pm

Yeah, that's fair enough Slang. I understand a lot of my comments enhance the already existing perception, but that's honestly not the case here. I wasn't taking a shot at Wayne and i wasn't complaining about this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 12:04 pm

Wasn't feeling this album at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 12:16 pm

I remember this wack ass album from this wack ass group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 12:18 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I remember this wack ass album from this wack ass group.

You didn't like The Score?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 12:28 pm

There is nothing more I hate in this world than The Score.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 12:36 pm

haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 12:52 pm

Quick explanation, didn't mind the CD until a roommate played it non-stop 5-6 times a day for a whole summer. He owned the stereo so I couldn't do shit about it.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Quick explanation, didn't mind the CD until a roommate played it non-stop 5-6 times a day for a whole summer. He owned the stereo so I couldn't do shit about it.

That does suck, I have a song like that, If I never have to hear Smoke On The Water again it will still be way too soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 3:48 pm

This album was only 3 stars, but the Score was a classic. Only a fool would disagree.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 3:53 pm

"This album was only 3 stars, but the Score was a classic. Only a fool would disagree."

The Score is 5 stars to me, too, but, if someone wasn't a fan of reggae influenced hip hop...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 4:03 pm

I'm a fan of good reggae influenced hip hop... like Distant Relatives... The Score was a pop album disguised as rap, no better than Drake or BOB in those terms. It was a 3.5 star album at best and it gets 0 stars from me because I will never willingly play that album again in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 4:06 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I'm a fan of good reggae influenced hip hop... like Distant Relatives... The Score was a pop album disguised as rap, no better than Drake or BOB in those terms. It was a 3.5 star album at best and it gets 0 stars from me because I will never willingly play that album again in my lifetime.

BULLSHIT!!! You hate the album for one reason and one reason only......Lauyrn Hill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 4:11 pm

No, fool, I hate Lauryn Hill because of this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 4:36 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
No, fool, I hate Lauryn Hill because of this album.

Doesn't make fuckin sense, but what else is new with you. Bottom line is you're a Fugee hater because of L-Boogie so all that subliminal bullshit was just babbling.

The Score, and The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill smashes anything by Drake or BOB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 4:40 pm

No. The Score is on par with anything by Drake or BOB - and you love Drake, remember? And I hate The Score for the reason I stated. This album here, is merely average and forgettable, and The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill contains some dope, but formulaic and poppy music which is far from true hip-hop, but Lauryn Hill is a hypocritical hippie who has no business espousing a holier than thou attitude.

Try again KJ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 7:09 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
No. The Score is on par with anything by Drake or BOB - and you love Drake, remember? And I hate The Score for the reason I stated. This album here, is merely average and forgettable, and The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill contains some dope, but formulaic and poppy music which is far from true hip-hop, but Lauryn Hill is a hypocritical hippie who has no business espousing a holier than thou attitude.

Try again KJ.

First of all, I don't LOVE Drake. I like a few of his songs but he isn't a fav of mine.

Second. You HATE female rappers and Lauryn Hill especially because of outside factors that have nothing to do with hip-hop.

Third, NOTHING by either Drake or BOB fucks with this album even objectively. The Score is an consensus classic. If it was so average and forgettable then WHY did it sell so many copies? WHY do songs from this album still bump on today's radio stations? (Killin Me Softly, Ready Or Not, Fu-Gee-La) and WHY is it universally loved and acclaimed by hip hop natgion? I'll tell you why, because it's DOPE!!! You're simply a hater. that's all there is to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 7:12 pm

No KJ. This pop album sold a lot of copies because a whole bunch of pop bopping teenagers listened to the cool kids and went out and bought. I haven't heard any of this trash played on a real hip-hop station in over ten years. I have heard it on top 40 pop stations constantly. Your not worth the trouble of arguing too much, but just know this is pop music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 7:15 pm

It's not "pop" music, it's just POPULAR music. The Fugees are well respected among hip-hop nation.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jun 2010, 8:11 pm

3 stars.

Never felt this one too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #15   Remember this album #15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember this album #15
Page 1 of 1