Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2

Go down 
3 posters

Thumbs Up or Down?
Thumbs Up
Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Vote_lcap80%Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Thumbs Down
Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Vote_lcap20%Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage

Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:08 am

Bionic Jive-dudes that can actually rap over pretty nice rock tracks. Oh, and the mc's are black. You know, for you racists.

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:25 am

This does strike me as being hip-hop. I need to think about what it is, exactly, that sets this apart from the other group you posted. I don't particularly care for these guys, though. It just comes off kind of clunky and forced sounding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:34 am

This isn't their best song IMO, but it represents a good portion of what they do. This was also recorded before they added a second mc I think (though I don't know if they recorded anything with him rapping his own lyrics or if he's just a hype man they use at shows, I just saw an extra dude perform with them).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:35 am

Also, dickholes, if you're gonna vote, explain yourself. Voting without explaining does nothing because THERE IS NO RESULTS FOR THE END OF THIS SHIT DOUCHES.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:42 am

"This does strike me as being hip-hop. I need to think about what it is, exactly, that sets this apart from the other group you posted. I don't particularly care for these guys, though. It just comes off kind of clunky and forced sounding."

Well, for starters, these guys have talent. I would classify this as hip hop, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:43 am

THEN VOTE ASS MONKEYS
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:44 am

Uh... I voted
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:54 am

I'd say that's hip hop. No less then when Cypress does that rock shit.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:55 am

Oh, thumbs up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 12:56 am

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
I'd say that's hip hop. No less then when Cypress does that rock shit.

That's pretty much my point, too. You have a call and response chorus, you have a dope mc, and a band that clearly knows the difference between a drummer interpreting hip hop breakbeats and just drumming so a rapper can rap along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 6:13 pm

I'm not impressed with this guy lyrically (and no, it has NOTHING to do with the rock beats).

Nevertheless, because he's rapping I'll classify this as hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 7:31 pm

I think the difference between this and the first example (Day 1) lies in the motivation. You can kind of see where these dudes are just catering to some genuine creative impulses. Whereas the last example was just a few worms on that 'get money, get bitches' steez.

Throw up some Stuck Mojo, N3R0. I'm interested to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jun 2010, 7:38 pm

I was wondering about Stuck Mojo...and some other weird bands. Suffice to say I'm not going to be just doing rap/hip hop collabs but they may very well be the majority. There is plenty of material for me to dig through in this arena I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2   Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hip Hop Or Not? Day 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: