Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth

Go down 
+5
Half
parker lewis
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
Funk Seoul Brother
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Empty
PostSubject: Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth   Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 7:39 pm

Simply put Jamiroquai is the greatest musical group I've ever come across and that is NO exaggeration. Up until discovering this group, Tribe has held that title for a good 6 years or so. I am shocked that it took me this long to stumble upon this group but I'm very grateful that I did. Jamiroquai is a British jazz/funk/disco/dance/electronica group who has essentially changed its core sound over each album they have produced. From the organic, laid-back vibes in this album to the harder hitting rhythms of Dynamite this group has something for everyone. The lead man for the group is named Jay Kay and has been compared (MANY TIMES) to Stevie Wonder which is quite some praise. The rest of the group consists of a bunch of musicians who are shuffled in and out between albums but who are supremely talented.

I kid you not...I listen to this group for hours each day (sometimes into the wee hours of the morning).

This debut album is about as good as a debut album can get with it going platinum and soaring to number 1 on the UK Album Chart.

I will be doing a review of each of their albums because each brings unique elements to the table.

Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth 052

Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth 053

If you need a link hit me up.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth   Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 7:40 pm

Sorry but i think they suck
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth   Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 7:45 pm

im hesitant on most of your recs, but the few songs ive heard from them have been good. I heard them in FIFA games...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth   Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 7:54 pm

Is this the cat that had that hit Virtual Insanity or something like that?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth   Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 7:57 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth   Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 8:05 pm

This group is absolutely not for everyone. If you aren't down with funk/disco/dance then you most likely won't enjoy them.

Hip hop has been quite ordinary and boring recently so I'm making a conscious effort to branch out and expand my music tastes outside its realms.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth   Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010, 8:30 pm

I prefer to get my Stevie Wonder from Stevie Wonder.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth   Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:23 am

Cise Starr wrote:
This group is absolutely not for everyone. If you aren't down with funk/disco/dance then you most likely won't enjoy them.

Hip hop has been quite ordinary and boring recently so I'm making a conscious effort to branch out and expand my music tastes outside its realms.

Some suggestions: Amon Tobin, Do Make Say Think, the album in my avatar.

have fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth   Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:37 am

I read somewhere in a Redman interview that if he could work with anybody it would be Jamiroquai. He also said he had the biggest foot fetish of anybody in the game haha
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth   Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 7:02 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I prefer to get my Stevie Wonder from Stevie Wonder.

LMAO!!

The dude does sound just like 'em....

Anyway, Jamiroquai is and always was a fantastic group IMO. Big fan of "Return Of The Space Cowboy" & "Synkronized".

I bet everyone remembers Napoleon Dynamite dancing to "Canned Heat". Classic song: