Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14

Go down 
5 posters

?
Top 5
Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Vote_lcap25%Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Top 10
Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Vote_lcap13%Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Top 20
Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Vote_lcap62%Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
Top 30
Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Vote_lcap0%Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 40
Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Vote_lcap0%Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 50
 0% [ 0 ]
Neither
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Empty
PostSubject: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 10:19 am

Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Killarmy-SilentWeaponsForQuietWars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 10:20 am

Top 20.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 10:58 am

Man, i really want to vote top 10, but i think this actually #11 on my list. it's my second favorite affiliate album. It's littered with classic tracks IMO, and the M*A*S*H* sample on 5 Stars is beyond dope IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 11:01 am

T. Myers wrote:
Man, i really want to vote top 10, but i think this actually #11 on my list. it's my second favorite affiliate album. It's littered with classic tracks IMO, and the M*A*S*H* sample on 5 Stars is beyond dope IMO.

I feel it's littered with classic tracks also.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 11:30 am

Top 15. Love the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 12:00 pm

Five of my favorite songs on this album are Wu Renegades, Wake Up, Dress To Kill, Clash Of The Titans, and Under Siege.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 1:57 pm

Top 20
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 5:04 pm

top 5, like Kid Joe, my top 5 actually includes 6 albums

this is top 5 to me, one of my favorite albums of all time...probably top 25-30 on a fav. all time scale. Listen to this straight through often

i cant say enough about this album, 4th Disciple is in another world with the beats on this one, the two RZA beats are two of his dopest, Killa Sin is incredible on here, Dom Pachino is also very nice, 9th Prince's flow can be on/off but when he's on he makes some of these songs as good as they are.

Some people criticize some of the MCs but they fit the vibe of this album perfectly, honestly i think id rather hear these guys over these beats rather than the Clan members, they just fit the vibe perfectly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 5:07 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

this is top 5 to me, one of my favorite albums of all time...probably top 25-30 on a fav. all time scale. Listen to this straight through often

i cant say enough about this album, 4th Disciple is in another world with the beats on this one, the two RZA beats are two of his dopest, Killa Sin is incredible on here, Dom Pachino is also very nice, 9th Prince's flow can be on/off but when he's on he makes some of these songs as good as they are.

Some people criticize some of the MCs but they fit the vibe of this album perfectly, honestly i think id rather hear these guys over these beats rather than the Clan members, they just fit the vibe perfectly

Good points here.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 6:15 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

I agree 100%, my man.

I have this and Wu-Tang Forever as 4 and 4A. I don't particularly like one more than the other. I loved the whole military vibe of this album. And you can never go wrong with R. Lee Ermey soundbytes!

This is the last of my Top 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 6:30 pm

Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I agree 100%, my man.

I have this and Wu-Tang Forever as 4 and 4A. I don't particularly like one more than the other. I loved the whole military vibe of this album. And you can never go wrong with R. Lee Ermey soundbytes!

What's your rating for Wu-Tang Forever?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 6:54 pm

Wayne wrote:
Top 20.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 6:57 pm

Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I agree 100%, my man.

nice man i thought id be the only one voting top 5 for this
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Jul 2010, 10:56 pm

Wayne wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I agree 100%, my man.

What's your rating for Wu-Tang Forever?

Rating, as in on a 1 - 5 scale? Somewhere around a 4.5 or 4.75. I really don't sit down and give ratings to albums, so this is kinda new to me. My rating system usually consists of..."I love that shit!", "It's good", "Ehh, it's alright", and "Ugh, garbage..." So, if I were to give everything that I say "I love that shit!" a 5.0, there would be wayyyyy to many perfect classics out there. I'm not one to do that though. I'm not The Source.

And I voted it Top 5 on this topic. Basically, my Wu Top 5 would be:

1. Liquid Swords
2. 36 Chambers
3. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

Then, to simplify it as much as I can...

T-4. Wu-Tang Forever
T-4. Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars

In my book, those two are pretty much dead even. Forever is a double disc, and does have some skippable tracks, IMO. Not many, but still at least a couple. It's a case of more songs, so more likely to have a miss or two. Example: I never really cared for that Black Shampoo song. But, with two discs of greatness, it is forgivable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 3:18 pm

Never heard, keep putting them off for some reason even though I like every single they had put out. Has it aged well?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 3:20 pm

Hell yeah, Kev. This one still has tons of replay value IMO. I think it's the best produced Wu album not handled by RZA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 3:28 pm

So I need to get this one and what other one? This is their 1st album or the 2nd one?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 3:33 pm

This is their first. If you're looking for another Killarmy rec, i'd get Dirty Weaponry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 3:39 pm

T. Myers wrote:
This is their first. If you're looking for another Killarmy rec, i'd get Dirty Weaponry.

Yeah thats the one. I'll get links to them and see if I want to buy a physical.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 4:16 pm

I listened to this today after a long time between listens. I knew i loved it but damn, I should have voted top 10. Wake Up has to be my favorite track here. 4th Disciple killed on this album.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 4:42 pm

KRob86 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Yeah thats the one. I'll get links to them and see if I want to buy a physical.

you might also like their third album Fear, Love and War
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 11:06 am

Dammit. Since we did this vote I haven't been able to take this out of rotation. I'm stuck on it. I like to keep changing things in and out of rotation but i can't do it this time. Thanks alot.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 5:06 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Dammit. Since we did this vote I haven't been able to take this out of rotation. I'm stuck on it. I like to keep changing things in and out of rotation but i can't do it this time. Thanks alot.

It's just THAT dope!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 8:30 pm

Myestro wrote:
E. Taylor wrote:

It's just THAT dope!

It is a dope album, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14   Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 50 Wu-Tang Albums: Day 14
Page 1 of 1