Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remember this album #45

Go down 
4 posters

?
Remember this album #45 Vote_lcap0%Remember this album #45 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Remember this album #45 Vote_lcap33%Remember this album #45 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Remember this album #45 Vote_lcap50%Remember this album #45 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Remember this album #45 Vote_lcap17%Remember this album #45 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Never heard it
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Remember this album #45 Empty
PostSubject: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 7:53 am

Remember this album #45 Firmalbum
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 8:13 am

I never bought this album and have only heard it a few times. I know alot of people consider it a big disappointment though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 8:19 am

E. Taylor wrote:
I never bought this album and have only heard it a few times. I know alot of people consider it a big disappointment though.

I did buy this album when it first came out (10/28/97), and I was literally excited when I bought it. I went to my local Target after 5:00pm, only to find out that they still had the damn CDs in the box and didn't put any on display. Anyway, @ the time I thought the album was great, but years of perspective and more listens, in retrospect, this was a disappointment, and a large portion of that had to do with how overhyped this album was, even with talent like Nas, AZ, and the production of Dre.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 8:37 am

OK, i get the disappontment because of the hype and talent levels involved, but when you strip all that away, this is a good album IMO. It would get 3.5 stars from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 1:10 pm

T. Myers wrote:
OK, i get the disappontment because of the hype and talent levels involved, but when you strip all that away, this is a good album IMO. It would get 3.5 stars from me.

It was good, I'll admit that. Doesn't have any replay value IMO unless it's for historical purposes.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 2:42 pm

Wayne wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

It was good, I'll admit that. Doesn't have any replay value IMO unless it's for historical purposes.

I agree with both of you.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 4:51 pm

i sort of agree with the album not having replay value as a whole but there are some bonafide classic tracks on here. This is about a 4 star album to me, yea i guess it disappointed but its underrated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 5:34 pm

Yeah if you take away the over hype and expectations you have a real decent album. 3.5 or so seems good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 5:36 pm

I co-sign what Terry said, 3.5 stars. I love Phone Tap and Desperado though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 5:50 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
i sort of agree with the album not having replay value as a whole but there are some bonafide classic tracks on here. This is about a 4 star album to me, yea i guess it disappointed but its underrated

Underrated? I slightly disagree with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 5:51 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I love Phone Tap and Desperado though.

Both of those songs are great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember this album #45   Remember this album #45 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember this album #45
Page 1 of 1