Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Empty
PostSubject: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 11:53 am

This is one of those weird albums that will surely alienate die-hard fans but if given proper exposure, could gain Tech some new fans. Definitely more laid back, a bit of a party album. Honestly I think Kev might enjoy this. The beats bang (as all Strange releases do) and of course the lyrics and flows come hard as hell. Tech generally spits a little slower, so his slang is probably easier ingested for those unfamiliar (or just ignorant) of his signature phrases. Since I'm not a "typical" Tech fan (juggalo) I can dig this. Obviously there's a ton of guests (as it's labeled a "collabos" album) but that could actually be a strength if you're not a huge fan. In other words, I'd just like to see a few people on here who aren't Strange Music fans per se peep this release because it shows Tech's diversity and ability to excel regardless of the mood of the music.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 12:09 pm

I'll check it out. I've liked everything I've heard from strange music so far although I am kind of new to them. I've only heard "Anghellic", "Absolute Power", "K.O.D.", "Dinner & A Movie", and "Automatic" but they're all dope.

KRob, if your listening I think you should check out Cognito "Automatic" if you haven't already. There are some absolute bangers on this album. All in all not quite as good as Dinner and a movie", but I might even say that the highs on "Automatic" are higher than what's on the Lynch album. I'll hold off on that though because it could just be the newness of the album to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 12:11 pm

I'm still bumping Automatic. E. Taylor if you're digging Strange Music so far, I'd peep Stevie Stone's New Kid Comin. It dropped last year on Ruthless but it's got the same producers as Strange uses (because they're all from KC) and Stevie is dope. Give it a d/l or at least peep some youtube videos, because dude's voice is strange, but overall I would rec it to any fans of Strange Music. Also, Cognito's first album Recognition is also dope. It's much more West Coast inclined, but it's still dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 12:40 pm

Automatic is cool but it ain't touching BLH for obvious reasons. I will be ordering this, probably from Strange Music since they finally made good and sent me this:

http://strangemusicinc.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SMTNS&Product_Code=RDKUTTSHT&Category_Code=Shirts

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 12:46 pm

Scratch that... I am definitely done with Strange Music's bullshit store... they promised me a 3.50 shipping credit for returning the shirt... and only gave me 3.11, really? lol... is all this nickel and diming really necessary from a multimillion dollar corporation? Funny too since I was about to stock up on Strange Music gear as the store is having a half off Fourth of July sale...whoever runs their store is an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:03 pm

when did this collabo album come out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 1:24 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
when did this collabo album come out?

Google
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 4:00 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Automatic is cool but it ain't touching BLH for obvious reasons. I will be ordering this, probably from Strange Music since they finally made good and sent me this:

http://strangemusicinc.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SMTNS&Product_Code=RDKUTTSHT&Category_Code=Shirts

Album wise yeah, BLH is better but I think "Violate You" may be my favorite track off of both albums.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 4:36 pm

I'm not going to download it. I'm going to purchase. Because I iz stanz. I will buy 40 copiez.

OGeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 4:37 pm

If it's a party album, that would be cool especially for the summer. Something to wild out to and drink party liquor. Womerns likes that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate   Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne Collabos-Gates Mixed Plate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: