Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kill Devil Hills Pre-order

Go down 
+4
Half
parker lewis
Laced With Slang
E. Taylor
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Empty
PostSubject: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 1:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 1:30 pm

Gotta get on this. It's probably my most anticipated album of the year.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 5:09 pm

hmm i hopefully will be able to pick this up in a store...i hate preordering when i dont have to, theres nothing better than driving to the store and grabbing the album yourself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 8:52 pm

Yeah, Slang, I have NO clue what kind of distro this album will have.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 9:07 pm

The potential on this is overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 9:52 pm

M1dw3st3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
Yeah, Slang, I have NO clue what kind of distro this album will have.

yea same, Grandmasters had good distro but Pain Language not as good

Have you seen the video of Sean Price talking about the song with him Bill, Sick Jacken, and OC...it sounds fucking epic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 9:59 pm

The first trailer is out, it's called Cult Assassin. I could post it if you want.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 10:56 pm

just saw the trailer, got me more hyped
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010, 8:56 pm

Saw this in store today..early obviously - passed on a 15 buck digipak, but will get it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010, 9:06 pm

I hear its pretty nice
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 9:37 am

can i get a link?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:33 pm

Ditto...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:47 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
can i get a link?

How did you not just buy this? Also, I figured you could find this one...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:49 pm

Yeah, I can't figure out the multiupload page Terry linked me up with. I'll find it. I had to take a little break from buying music this time. It's been a good year. This is actually the first album of his I'll be downloading, so I'm not feeling guilty.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:52 pm

It has links to multiple sites to use. I used the Rapidshare link. It's Yogi's link. he would be able to help more than i would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:53 pm

Only white people like this album.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:55 pm

You should love it then, Carlton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:56 pm

Kid Joe has been coming at me lately, is it because he misses Powell's abuse and needs someone to fill the void?

You Powell's bitch baby bubba, don't make me call the aliens on ya.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:59 pm

No, you've been fishing for drama, Whitey. Just like you always did...and if you even suggest Powell has ever bested me the racism is solidified.

Norf I sent you the link I found.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 2:02 pm

Thanks Parker.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 2:05 pm

Well you've never contributed anything of worth either, so you can join Jason on the ignore list. Enjoy your terrible listening tastes, dead dog and utter aloneness. Bye bye
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 2:07 pm

lol

Is there an ignore on here?

I was just breaking your balls anyway, ya sensitive bitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 2:09 pm

there's a friends and foes feature... kind of gay if you ask me...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 2:21 pm

Yes, it's gay. Maybe that's what he should do, though, if he can't take a joke.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 2:51 pm

damnit no fucking store has this!!!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 2:52 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 7:19 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
damnit no fucking store has this!!!

That's why I posted a pre-order. You should really be in the habit now of knowing what's not gonna be in stores.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:36 pm

First listen...not great. Sounds like a mixtape, actually. A few beats are above average, some of Bill's verses are dope. I'll say this, B-Real is nicer than ever...and I do mean ever.

I'm going to stay open minded on this, but I don't see it being better than any of his albums, aside from Black Metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:09 am

You're crazy.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:15 am

Well, I was expecting a lot, so I'm willing to admit that I may have over anticipated. I also think the rip I got may be poor quality...that would account for some of the 'mixtape' vibe.

Like I say, I haven't exactly passed judgement yet, just giving my first impression.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:17 am

I truly don't see it surpassing I'm A Goon! or Hour of Reprisal, though.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:56 am

Kid Joe wrote:

i still dont get how you think Hour of Reprisal is better than WWWB? i just bumped WWWB? the last couple days and god damn!! Necro's production is so on point on that record, and Ill Bill is at his best (i liked his style much better on here)...my fav Bill album easily...better production, flows, and lyrics when compared to HOR, WWWB? is exactly what i look for in an album production wise
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 3:04 am

Kid Joe wrote:
First listen...not great. Sounds like a mixtape, actually. A few beats are above average, some of Bill's verses are dope. I'll say this, B-Real is nicer than ever...and I do mean ever.

I'm going to stay open minded on this, but I don't see it being better than any of his albums, aside from Black Metal.

my exact thoughts
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:18 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

i still dont get how you think Hour of Reprisal is better than WWWB? i just bumped WWWB? the last couple days and god damn!! Necro's production is so on point on that record, and Ill Bill is at his best (i liked his style much better on here)...my fav Bill album easily...better production, flows, and lyrics when compared to HOR, WWWB? is exactly what i look for in an album production wise

I like both of those better than WWWB?....itjust hasn't aged well to me. The whole flow of the album seems kind of choppy. Don't get me wrong, I do like the album...I just think it's his third best.

Hour of Reprisal is just monumentous in its production, and I'm A Goon! just sounds natural and comfortable...that one is my favorite of his.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 9:46 pm

I'm A Goon! is a mixtape, and this is an album, yet you're saying that the mixtape sounds more like an album and this album sounds more like a mixtape.

Clearly the lo-fi vibe was intentional on this record, you can actually hear the clicks in some of Muggs' chops (which is either indicative of a sloppy neophyte beatsmith or some one who LIKES it to sound that way...guess which one Muggs is). I understand your criticism, maybe this isn't what you expected, but I still think it's fucking dope. The brevity of a lot of songs is my only real complaint.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 10:09 pm

I never said the mixtape sounded like an album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 11:25 pm

You didn't say that specifically, but you referenced it as something you prefer and in a post previous to that one you said you didn't feel it was up to the standard of his previous albums, one could infer you were saying that I'm A Goon felt more like an album than this, which you plainly stated felt like a mixtape to you.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 1:01 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

I like both of those better than WWWB?....itjust hasn't aged well to me. The whole flow of the album seems kind of choppy. Don't get me wrong, I do like the album...I just think it's his third best.

Hour of Reprisal is just monumentous in its production, and I'm A Goon! just sounds natural and comfortable...that one is my favorite of his.

i dont see that at all, thats how i feel about WWWB?....maybe Necro's best production work over an entire album besides the Future is Now
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 12:28 pm

Jeff wrote:
You didn't say that specifically, but you referenced it as something you prefer and in a post previous to that one you said you didn't feel it was up to the standard of his previous albums, one could infer you were saying that I'm A Goon felt more like an album than this, which you plainly stated felt like a mixtape to you.

I was surprised that this album came off that way. I'm A Goon certainly does play like a mixtape, but it is excllent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 12:30 pm

This is light years ahead of I'm A Goon, IMO. Do you have links for the OG Howie Made Me Do It or Ill Bill Is The Future?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 12:34 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

i dont see that at all, thats how i feel about WWWB?....maybe Necro's best production work over an entire album besides the Future is Now

I agree that WWWB? is Necro's best full length. That's not saying too much, though. I don't understand his appeal at all.

The Future Is Now only had a few Necro tracks. Betnuts, Pete Rock, Large Pro, Premier and others contributed the best of that album.

And, yeah, Hour of Reprisal was a real accomplishment to me, productionwise.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 12:35 pm

Jeff wrote:
This is light years ahead of I'm A Goon, IMO. Do you have links for the OG Howie Made Me Do It or Ill Bill Is The Future?

I do not have them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 1:07 pm

I could have fucking bought both of them for around $7 a piece when they first came out, but disregarded them because I don't care for mixtapes. Now, I'd pretty much sell my non-existent soul for them. I've been begging Bill to re-release them physically on his new website on twitter but he has yet to reply. You should badger him as well.

Last edited by Jeff on Mon 06 Sep 2010, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 1:36 pm

lol @ non-existant soul
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 3:01 pm

Have you found any links?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 3:03 pm

to those mixtapes? No.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 4:02 pm

Jeff wrote:
I could have fucking bought both of them for around $7 a piece when they first came out, but disregarded them because I don't care for mixtapes. Now, I'd pretty much sell my non-existent soul for them. I've been begging Bill to re-release them physically on his new website on twitter but he has yet to reply. You should badger him as well.

was there 2 version of ill Bill is the Future?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 4:04 pm

Vol 1 or Vol 2?

Vol 1 has the OG physical mixcd from pre-WWWB? and then there's the digital version on amazon and the tracklistings couldn't be more different. I've been looking for an unmixed, untagged version of Vol 2 but I don't think it exists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 4:06 pm

OG version:

Amazon digital:

If I could get amazon's version on cd, I'd prefer it, but really I'd just like to have both of his OG mixtapes. Bill doesn't even have physicals of IBITF or HMMDI anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 4:07 pm

Howie Made Me Do It (amazon):

Howie Made Me Do It (OG):

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hills Pre-order   Kill Devil Hills Pre-order Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kill Devil Hills Pre-order
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next