Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Last Airbender

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
Half
Norfeest
parker lewis
8 posters
AuthorMessage

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 3:10 pm

This was a dope movie, fuck what the movie critics say!!! This further proves how off their opinions really are at times. I was a fan of the cartoon series and while they did jump the shark a bit (which happens in pretty much every remake) it was still a very entertaining movie.

I recommend this to anybody who's a fan of either the cartoon movies or fantasy in general.
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 3:27 pm

crazy how you say fuck movie critics, but rap critics are law to you.
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 5:15 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
This was a dope movie, fuck what the movie critics say!!! This further proves how off their opinions really are at times. I was a fan of the cartoon series and while they did jump the shark a bit (which happens in pretty much every remake) it was still a very entertaining movie.

I recommend this to anybody who's a fan of either the cartoon movies or fantasy in general.

I wouldn't really call it a remake, it was more of an adaptation. And ALL adaptions from print to movies or vice versa have to make creative choices for the different medium. Period. Fanboys hate all they want, but it's a fact of life and people need to just fucking get over it. So, for the record, I'm agreein with you.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 6:33 pm

I'm skeptical of Shamalan (sp). I haven't seen shit from him that lived up to the hype. Anybody who's opinion is relatable to me seen this.
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 6:42 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
crazy how you say fuck movie critics, but rap critics are law to you.

No they aren't, it's just that they've been on point with me lately.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 7:47 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I'm skeptical of Shamalan (sp). I haven't seen shit from him that lived up to the hype. Anybody who's opinion is relatable to me seen this.

I agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 7:53 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

Shamalan is hit or miss (more miss than hit) but if you dug the cartoon series then you should dig this film.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 12:11 pm

The only good M.Night film is Unbreakable IMO
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 12:12 pm

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:

co-sign!
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 12:31 pm

T. Myers wrote:

co-sign!

Yeah HUGE so-sign there. I'm really disappointed they didn't follow through with the trilogy of films as planned. Bastards.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:05 pm

M1dw35t3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

co-sign!

Yeah HUGE so-sign there. I'm really disappointed they didn't follow through with the trilogy of films as planned. Bastards.

The 6th Sense? Really, youre gonna leave that out? One of the very few PG13 flciks to actually scare the shit outta me when i saw it...great storyline, cinematography, characters, and that twist at the end?..cmon...

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:08 pm

ACRID" wrote:
M1dw35t3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

co-sign!

The 6th Sense? Really, youre gonna leave that out? One of the very few PG13 flciks to actually scare the shit outta me when i saw it...great storyline, cinematography, characters, and that twist at the end?..cmon...

Sorry, but the twist was blatantly obvious to me. Knowing the the major twist 15 minutes into the movie makes it extremely boring.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:21 pm

Yep. And, the whole thing with red was obvious, too. And I was 11 when I saw it.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:46 pm

..regardless...doesnt take away from the film being great, and one of his best..
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:48 pm

ACRID" wrote:
..regardless...doesnt take away from the film being great, and one of his best..

The whole movie hinged on the twist at the end. If i was able to guess the twist, why is the movie worthwhile to me?
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:50 pm

Shaun wrote:
Yep. And, the whole thing with red was obvious, too. And I was 11 when I saw it.

fuckin liar..
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:52 pm

I think the movie is dope. Sure, after knowing the ending there is not a lot of reason to watch again, but the movie itself is great. Sure, Terry and Shaun might have lucked out at the twist and guessing it, but the majority of people enjoyed it. It was a big hit for most of the people who saw it and they did not see the twist. Same with Unbreakable. Those are the two dope M. Knight movies IMO. The rest were just wack. Signs and The Village I think tried too hard. I wasn't mad I saw them, but they weren't great.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:53 pm

lol
Yeah you motherfucking sonuvabitching cocksucker!
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:56 pm

A. It wasnt tailored to nose dive if TMyers figured out the twist 15 mins into it..

C. As i pointed out earlier..it was a good movie

I X'd out B.

This should be the answer to your question.....did you even like it? or just dismissive because you put it together before the movie ended..??

Last edited by ACRID" on Mon 12 Jul 2010, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:58 pm

ACRID" wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
ACRID" wrote:

The whole movie hinged on the twist at the end. If i was able to guess the twist, why is the movie worthwhile to me?

becuase..

A. It wasnt tailored to nose dive if TMyers figured out the twist 15 mins into it..

B. Not everyone figured out the twist 15 mins into it....and youre not a dipshit for not knowing either...

C. As i pointed out earlier..it was a good movie

You seem to be under the impression i base my review of a movie around the opinions of others. I'll ask again. If the movie hinged on the twist and i guessed the twist, why would i enjoy the movie?
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:00 pm

Because it was a good movie bitch.. he already said it... if you disagree then fuck you
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:01 pm

It was pretty good. I just think it was/is hyped as better than it really is. Unbreakable I thought was pretty boring and anti-climactic. The rest of his movies are totally pointless.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:03 pm

And, the symbolism in 6th Sense was definitely on some Elementary school shit.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:10 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
And, the symbolism in 6th Sense was definitely on some Elementary school shit.

I was 8 years old when I saw this movie, scared the shit outta me.
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 4:11 pm

6th Sense was better than Unbreakable IMO, but both were dope.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 7:40 pm

Sixth Sense
Unbreakable
Signs
Lady in the Water/The Village

The rest were alright. A co-worker said Airbender was worse than Clash of the Titans. And Clash was pretty damn bad.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 8:03 pm

Lady In The Water and (especially) The Village were not good, IMO
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010, 11:19 pm

The Happening really disappointed me. He denied me of the prerequisite twist. I could watch LITW or The Village if it was on.

I personally thought LITW was going to be on some Fables type ish (like the comic series) but it still intrigued me.

I figured out The Village from jump but I didn't know it was in modern times. It probably would've done better as a twilight zone episode. Condense it to about an hour.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010, 7:10 pm

Apparently there's a new M.Night movie coming out, Devil. Looks better than his last 3 movies, but that isn't sayin much...
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010, 7:50 pm

When it comes to trailers the man is King. He can definitely draw you in. It is supposed to be part of some supernatural trilogy. I think he should think about doing a variety show sort of like Creepshow and keep it short and potent.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010, 7:55 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
When it comes to trailers the man is King. He can definitely draw you in. It is supposed to be part of some supernatural trilogy. I think he should think about doing a variety show sort of like Creepshow and keep it short and potent.

Yeah, definitely. Also, I think he needs to stop worrying about twist endings/simplistic mystery plots. You can creep people out without throwing a twist in. I feel like the most underrated aspect of his earlier works is his ability to make tense, atmospheric scenes. He could easily make a just straight up eerie movie without a lame twist or shallow societal remark and I guarantee it would be dope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: