Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62

Go down 
+2
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
6 posters

?
top 25
Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Vote_lcap22%Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
top 50
Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Vote_lcap33%Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
neither
Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Vote_lcap44%Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Empty
PostSubject: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 5:27 pm

Dead Prez - Lets Get Free

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 200px-DeadPrezLet%27sGetFree

this album technically can be nominated in both the East and South regions, and it might be....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 5:28 pm

Neither.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 5:44 pm

The south???

One of these cats are from brooklyn right? And they rep a east coast sound.

And then Wayne neithered this for the south..WTF!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 5:45 pm

KRob86 wrote:
The south???

One of these cats are from brooklyn right? And they rep a east coast sound.

And then Wayne neithered this for the south..WTF!

this can be nominated in both regions...again it doesnt really matter what sound they rep. Little Brother rep an east coast sound
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 5:47 pm

It does matter when one cat in the grp is from NY and the other cat reps NY more than Florida. With Little Brother the whole fucking grp are from the south.

Slan don't be half stepping on these now.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 5:48 pm

KRob86 wrote:
It does matter when one cat in the grp is from NY and the other cat reps NY more than Florida. With Little Brother the whole fucking grp are from the south.

Slan don't be half stepping on these now.

the guy definitely reps Florida, and NY, this is eligible to be nominated in BOTH regions, just like Madvillainy and other bi-coastal albums, theres nothing wrong with that concept
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 5:52 pm

This would make it in the east for me, but the south is too deep for this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 5:53 pm

Very cheap man. Nothing about this album is southern at all and not one cat from the south claims them as a southern grp. Madvillainy is considered a east coast album i'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 5:58 pm

why is it cheap???

to be completely honest my whole life i thought both of these guys were from Florida, it wasnt until i looked today before i nominated it that i realized M1 was from NY. I've always associated this with Florida.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:01 pm

the same issue comes up with LA the Darkman and whether he is midwest or not. He's from Michigan and reps his home city on the album even though its got an east coast sound, its still technically a Midwest album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:01 pm

Yeah but you live in Detroit or where ever. But in the south no one has ever claimed them as a group. They are str8 east coast artists for the most part.

Whatever its your thread.

Top 10 for the SOUTH...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:03 pm

LA is not from the midwest
the bitch up and left and claimed east the whole time.

dead prez is difficult. If they were both from FLA I would rep them easily down here... but M-1 and the sound makes them east all the way... FLA is technically on the east coast of the country anytways.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:04 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Yeah but you live in Detroit or where ever. But in the south no one has ever claimed them as a group. They are str8 east coast artists for the most part.

you think people in Michigan claim LA the Darkman as midwest? No, he's associated with Wu and the east

its a tough call i wasnt sure where to nominate this album. If enough agree with you ill delete the thread and nominate a diff album

and r u serious with your vote i cant tell?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:04 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
LA is not from the midwest
the bitch up and left and claimed east the whole time.

dead prez is difficult. If they were both from FLA I would rep them easily down here... but M-1 and the sound makes them east all the way... FLA is technically on the east coast of the country anytways.

He still reps Grand Rapids all over that damn album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:05 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
the same issue comes up with LA the Darkman and whether he is midwest or not. He's from Michigan and reps his home city on the album even though its got an east coast sound, its still technically a Midwest album

No, its not really the same. He is a solo rapper who is from the midwest but just so happens to have a east coast style. And you say he reps his home city so he even claims midwest.

But with dead prez its almost like you are taking M1 out of the mix. They are a hybrid grp like Slaughterhouse so I think the next step would be to catergorize them by style/sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:07 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

you think people in Michigan claim LA the Darkman as midwest? No, he's associated with Wu and the east

its a tough call i wasnt sure where to nominate this album. If enough agree with you ill delete the thread and nominate a diff album

and r u serious with your vote i cant tell?

I see what you are saying with the midwest not claiming him but he is from the midwest born and raised I assume. So that is what he reps.

And hell yeah i'm serious its probably top-15 if we say this is for the south.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:14 pm

well we need some other peoples input to try to determine where this shit belongs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:18 pm

it belongs in da trash if it is from da south cuz da souf sucks... but it is the bessssssss if it is from the east cause east coast rep the streets most.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:23 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
This would make it in the SOUTH for me, but the EAST is waaaaaay too deep for this.

CO-SIGNAGE!

so it's top 50 for the south!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 6:38 pm

I don't care either way Slang cause I'm gonna vote neither either way. I do associate it with the east though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 7:05 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
This would make it in the SOUTH for me, but the EAST is waaaaaay too deep for this.

CO-SIGNAGE!

so it's top 50 for the south!

I totally agree, except I'm gonna raise you and say Top 25 from the South.

Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 7:56 pm

In my Swizz Beatz voice on WW III (East Cooooassssst).....Good explanation here fellas on why this should be in the South, but when I listen to this album, I don't get a down south vibe. I understand what you are saying about Little Brother but that's just my 2 cents. In a South countdown it definitely gets atleast Top 50 if not higher.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 8:39 pm

This should be classified as...I don't know. I don't think I've heard it, and while I've heard some dopeness from them on guest spots, they aren't really my flavor.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 12:17 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
it belongs in da trash if it is from da south cuz da souf sucks... but it is the bessssssss if it is from the east cause east coast rep the streets most.

thanksss for kepin id real speakin truth like that playa if you dont rep the streets like you n i do then get out tha forum kwickly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62   Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 50 Albums by Region: South Day 62
Page 1 of 1