Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Empty
PostSubject: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 4:25 pm

Pretty much self explanatory, who you got?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 4:50 pm

50 Cent- The Massacre
Eminem- Relapse
Jay-Z- Kingdom Come
Nas- Hip Hop Is Dead
DMX- Year Of The Dog & Grand Champ
Ice Cube- Raw Footage
Wu-Tang- 8 Diagrams
Geto Boys- Da Good Da Bad & The Ugly
Ja Rule- RULE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:03 pm

KRob86 wrote:
50 Cent- The Massacre
Eminem- Relapse
Jay-Z- Kingdom Come
Nas- Hip Hop Is Dead
Ice Cube- Raw Footage
Wu-Tang- 8 Diagrams
Ja Rule- RULE

Hip Hop Is Dead and Raw Footage weren't criticially panned. Most reviews have those albums rated at least 4 stars.

My list would be....

Nas- I Am
Jay Z- In My Lifetime Vol 2
Scarface- Emeritus
Wu Tang- Iron Flag
EPMD- Back In Business
KRS-One & Buckshot- Survival Skills
LL Cool J- Exit 13
Keith Murray- He's Keith Murray

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:07 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
50 Cent- The Massacre
Eminem- Relapse
Jay-Z- Kingdom Come
Nas- Hip Hop Is Dead
Ice Cube- Raw Footage
Wu-Tang- 8 Diagrams
Ja Rule- RULE

Hip Hop Is Dead and Raw Footage weren't criticially panned. Most reviews have those albums rated at least 4 stars.

My list would be....

Nas- I Am
Scarface- Emeritus
Wu Tang- Iron Flag
EPMD- Back In Business
LL Cool J- Exit 13

who gave hhid and raw footage 4 star reviews?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:11 pm

Exit 13 and I Am are dope picks. Both of those are good to me especially I Am.

And when you say critically panned i'm also taking into consideration folks on these froums who I have panned them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:15 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
who gave hhid and raw footage 4 star reviews?

Rap Reviews loves both albums. As do The Source, HHDX, Vibe, and Entertainment Weekly among others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:18 pm

links fool - entertainment weekly? vibe doesn't even give ratings
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:26 pm

Relapse and 8 Diagrams werent critically panned, its the fans that panned those more so
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:27 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
links fool - entertainment weekly? vibe doesn't even give ratings

I'm not a tekkie so I'm not going out of my way to provide links. I do remember seeing positive reviews for both albums in EW and Vibe though.

RapReviews has HHID rated as a classic.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:28 pm

RapReviews may be the dumbest review site of all time though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:29 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Nah, I think HHDX is.

I don't always agree with either site, I think HHDX has missed the mark more often than RR has.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:30 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Nah, I think HHDX is.

I don't always agree with either site, I think HHDX has missed the mark more often than RR has.

dude RR gave Survival Skills 10/10 and they gave Ironman 6/10 LMAO!!! after seeing that they lost all credibility to me
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:31 pm

i actually agree with HHDX a good amt...but yea they miss the mark too, everyone does
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:31 pm

yeah, Rap Reviews is a piece of shit site. I remember Jason posting that shitty review for that D-Sisive album awhile back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:35 pm

lol... my least favorite review site is hhdx... and yeah there are some crazy scores in the RR archives, most of those though came from back before the site was up, the were transferred from some old rap mag that doesn't exist anymore. As for ghost - the source gave it 4 stars when it came out so it wasn't universally praised as a classic by critics, but I do think the 6 out of 10 is a wack score and 10/10 for SS is way overrated.

But back to your dumbass KJ - you claim those albums got 4s - you have no proof except your vague memory of entertainment weekly and vibe? get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:36 pm

Like I've said it before - fuck terrell.

HHDX pisses me off because their reviews are all over the place and when they can't give an album a negative review they give it no score at all - which is bullshit and has no integrity...they're in bed with those artists to pay for adspace, give them interviews, and news, etc. so they have no real integrity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:39 pm

Kiss my black ass Pedro. You're a piece of shit and your rap opinions are about as valid as fuckin 12 year olds. Since you're such a computer king LOOK UP THE FUCKING REVIEWS YOURSELF!!!! I'm not lying about them though, and you'll see that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 5:41 pm

There's no need to research the unsubstantiated shit that comes out of your mouth. You're a bigger liar that George W. Bush. And as your east coast opinions show, your rap knowledge is as deep as a kiddie pool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 6:00 pm

Oh you talk shit about me because I didn't do what you wanted? Fuck you bitch! I don't care if you don't believe me or not, those sites/publications like HHID and Raw Footage. It's not my problem if you're too lazy to look for yourself.

As for my rap knowledge, You don't know shit about hip hop outside of the South. DITC a Top 25 all time album in the East, LMFAO!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 9:00 pm

KRob86 wrote:
50 Cent- The Massacre
Eminem- Relapse
Jay-Z- Kingdom Come
Nas- Hip Hop Is Dead
Ice Cube- Raw Footage
Wu-Tang- 8 Diagrams
Ja Rule- RULE

I cosign with this entire list with the exception of Ja Rule's album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 9:01 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
50 Cent- The Massacre
Eminem- Relapse
Jay-Z- Kingdom Come
Nas- Hip Hop Is Dead
Ice Cube- Raw Footage
Wu-Tang- 8 Diagrams
Ja Rule- RULE

My list would be....

Nas- I Am
Scarface- Emeritus
Wu Tang- Iron Flag
EPMD- Back In Business
LL Cool J- Exit 13

I cosign with your entire list KJ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 9:03 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Nah, I think HHDX is.

dude RR gave Survival Skills 10/10 and they gave Ironman 6/10 LMAO!!! after seeing that they lost all credibility to me

Oh yeah, the 6/10 they gave Ironman had me shaking my head.
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 10:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for   Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Critically Panned Albums that you don't understand the hate for
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: