Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paper Tiger - Made Like Us

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Paper Tiger - Made Like Us Empty
PostSubject: Paper Tiger - Made Like Us   Paper Tiger - Made Like Us Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010, 1:07 pm

Paper Tiger (instrumentalist from MN's DOOMTREE collective) drops a really really dope instro album in Made Like Us. This immediately reminds me of the first time I heard ENDtroducing or Deadringer. Really. Some have come close in recent years, but truly this stands out as original, creative, and above all, dope. So if you can stand listenin to instro albums, definitely give it a chance. This sounds like it took years to make. Completely sick, but my favorite track is definitely "The Painters Arm". Very ambient and dense, but stylistically all over the place. Definitely worth the time to at least download and listen to once (if not on repeat for a few days lol).
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Paper Tiger - Made Like Us   Paper Tiger - Made Like Us Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 8:35 am

Endtroducing and Deadringer comparisons....I'm checking this out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paper Tiger - Made Like Us   Paper Tiger - Made Like Us Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:34 am

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:

There are a few tracks with a female vocalist (singing), but it really doesn't interrupt the flow of the album, and the melodies just seem like another instrument in a song, not something that really adds or takes away from the overall feel of the album. If you understand what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Paper Tiger - Made Like Us   Paper Tiger - Made Like Us Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:37 am

Nemo Nobody wrote:

There are a few tracks with a female vocalist (singing), but it really doesn't interrupt the flow of the album, and the melodies just seem like another instrument in a song, not something that really adds or takes away from the overall feel of the album. If you understand what I'm saying.

I understand completely, especially when it comes to music in other genres. Also, I'm having trouble finding a link....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paper Tiger - Made Like Us   Paper Tiger - Made Like Us Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 12:02 pm

Punk ass hipsters. I'll get you a link...really, google hooked me up just dandy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paper Tiger - Made Like Us   Paper Tiger - Made Like Us Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:59 pm

Half wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:

I understand completely, especially when it comes to music in other genres. Also, I'm having trouble finding a link....

Did you ever peep this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paper Tiger - Made Like Us   Paper Tiger - Made Like Us Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paper Tiger - Made Like Us
Page 1 of 1