Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1

Go down 
3 posters

Which One?
Art Of War
Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Vote_lcap67%Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Underground Kingz
Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Vote_lcap33%Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Empty
PostSubject: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 10:56 pm

Disc one's are usually always the superior in double cd sets. So let's put some against each other and see at the end who's the top dog of the disc one battle. And by the way i'm not wasting time with this thread nominating every double cd created we going straight to the heavy hitters.

Bone Thugs Art Of War (Disc one)

Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 071bitdbone_thugs-n-harmonythe_art_of_waralbum

vs.

UGK Underground Kingz (Disc one)

Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Album-underground-kingz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 10:57 pm

Art of War >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:00 pm

Underground Kingz easily. I own both albums, and Underground Kingz is a personal favorite of mine, so there may be a little bias here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:01 pm

Great idea KRob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:01 pm

Steve wrote:
Art of War >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:02 pm

Art Of War>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:03 pm

I'm having a hard time deciding.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:04 pm

Art of War disc 1 is classic, flawless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:04 pm

I generally like UGK much better than Bone Thugs, but not in this matchup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:05 pm

THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE ( I know it's disc 2).

You guys know this got 2.5 stars from AMG? Terrible reviews when it came out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:06 pm

Steve wrote:
THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE ( I know it's disc 2).

You guys know this got 2.5 stars from AMG? Terrible reviews when it came out.

2.5 is WAY TOO LOW of a rating for this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:08 pm

If by AMG you mean AllMusic, then fuck them. They've missed the mark on many occasions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:09 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
If by AMG you mean AllMusic, then fuck them. They've missed the mark on many occasions.

They sure have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:12 pm

I went with Art Of War Disc one. I do not skip any trks on that one but I skip 2 or 3 on Underground Kingz. I agree Slang that shit was flawless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:13 pm

The real fun is gonna be when Kev battles All Eyez on Me and Life After Death
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:13 pm

^ nice choice Kev

and the AMG rating is a piece of shit for this album. I usually respect AMG's ratngs quite a bit but they missed the boat on this one completely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:14 pm

Steve wrote:
The real fun is gonna be when Kev battles All Eyez on Me and Life After Death

Can't wait for that one.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:17 pm

i honestly think if they only released Disc 1 this would be a consensus classic

not that i dont like disc 2 im just saying more people (notably critics) would have given this 5 star ratings

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:18 pm

It is a consensus classic slangorific
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:19 pm

I noticed that on most hip hop double albums, the best material is usually on the first disc.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:20 pm

Steve wrote:
It is a consensus classic slangorific

i guess, its classic to me, i just dont see it mentioned in the same vein as E1999 ever which it should be, and if it was only disc 1 i think it would be mentioned at the level of E1999
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

Yes it is, because that's how labels do business, which is why the best tracks are always on the first half of the album (most of the time)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
i just dont see it mentioned in the same vein as E1999 ever which it should be, and if it was only disc 1 i think it would be mentioned at the level of E1999

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 11:23 pm

UGK for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1   Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Of The Disc One's Day 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: