Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NYC is THE GOAT

Go down 
+2
Justin Linker
D.Powell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:45 pm

since everyone is starting topics, I'm going to start the most hated topic to ever appear and show it's ugly head on this here forum:

NYC is the place where not only hip-hop music and culture was created but also the place that has made the best hip-hop music overall during it's entire existence...(not just one time period but the entire damn thang ladies and gentlemen)

NYC has the best emcees....the best hip-hop producers......the best albums.....the best singles.....the best hip-hop moments....this is MY OPINION and IT IS A FACT all at the same time....those who do not agree or refuse to show reverence Smile can kiss my black ass....you are the ones who have been pissed about this topic from the beginning anyway....

all my west coast cats...you guys are the only ones who are even remotely close to NYC in terms of creating dope hip-hop music and you guys are getting your asses kicked in too...so welcome to the club....club I HATE NYC because they are so fuckin dope and we can't compete Smile

I know everyone is offended again as usual especially the ones whose responses I'm just waiting to see but it's all good MANE or MAYNE (however you choose to spell it)!!!!
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:47 pm

lol. I acknowledge NYC is the most important, but it's not my favorite. West West Y'all
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:49 pm

NYC are the originators and have made some dope music. But I do not consider them the GOAT. NYC is James Naismith. Nothing more.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:51 pm

NYC=GOAT...SRP lives in "Boogie Down" Tex-ass...nuff said regarding him Smile

he's through
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:52 pm

NYC is the GOAT easily. I can go on for days on reasons why, but I'll just simply say that it's been to hip-hop what The Yankees have been to baseball.

Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:56 pm

lol... a comparison to the yankees is not a flattering thing to me... it just means NYC is the obnoxious, overpaid, championship buying, overrated team of hip-hop?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:57 pm

LOL...cut it out Pedro...then what does that make the Tex-Ass Rangers???
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:58 pm

Frontrunners for the pennant this year.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:02 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Frontrunners for the pennant this year.

The Rangers have done nothing to prove such a claim, being that they historically choke in the playoffs every year, if they even make the playoffs but that's another subject.

My point is the East has more classic albums and more GOAT MC's than any region, just as the Yankees have the most championships. Do your research if you don't believe it.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:04 pm

NYC is responsibile for the beginning of Hip Hop but you fucks also need to take credit for the ending of hip hop. Every artist up there save for a few have lost what made Ny NY and they have sold out to what's popular. You mofo's own or have major stock in all major outlets of music and video media but yet you fucks push this one sound garbage on the masses. You should be ashamed...

Like your very own Chubb Rock said on his album And The Winner Is...

"if hip hop dies its New York's fault"
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:05 pm

The Rangers have only been to the play offs a few times.. decades apart - so historically - nothing can be said about their play off performance, the simply don't have enough appearances to make any claim. They will easily make the playoffs and every major sports site and magazine has them as easily winning their division and front runners for the pennant after acquiring Lee.

You can't compare the Yankees championships to GOAT mcs. Championships are facts - you either do or do not with the world series. GOAT emcees are opinions. And everything has their own opinion. No research is needed to conclude the comparison is not apt.

Furthermore, comparing NYC rap to the NYC Yankees is just not a good comparison - it is a regional comparison. The opinion of NYC Yankees is much different if you do not live in that region. It is a bad comparison to make.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:08 pm

KRob86 wrote:
NYC is responsibile for the beginning of Hip Hop but you fucks also need to take credit for the ending of hip hop. Every artist up there save for a few have lost what made Ny NY and they have sold out to what's popular. You mofo's own or have major stock in all major outlets of music and video media but yet you fucks push this one sound garbage on the masses. You should be ashamed...

NYC contributed to the demise of hip-hop no doubt about it Kev...but you know who pushed the shit right over the fuckin cliff???

Take a wild guess Kev???
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:11 pm

KRob86 wrote:

That's BULLSHIT Kev!! There are more wack artists coming from the South. Wacka Flocka, OJ The Juiceman, Gucci Mane, D4L, Souljah Boy, all those bums are coming from the South!!!

I'm not trying to diss the south as a whole region, but for every Scarface there seems to be 10 Souljah Boys. So GTFOH with that BS.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:13 pm

and Pedro ..the Rangers have a long HISTORY of losing man....they have done nothing special since they entered the league man...stop that...I'll give Tex-Ass hip-hop some props for bringing us Brad...that alone is special and means they have done more than the Rangers Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Rangers_(baseball)

nothing special Smile
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:13 pm

The same could be say about the east... there's been plenty of "wackness" coming from all regions nowadays. I don't think region matters, I think the quality of the music should be whats important, regardless of where the artist is from.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:15 pm

D.Powell wrote:
and Pedro ..the Rangers have a long HISTORY of losing man....they have done nothing special since they entered the league man...stop that...I'll give Tex-Ass hip-hop some props for bringing us Brad...that alone is special and means they have done more than the Rangers Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Rangers_(baseball)

nothing special Smile

I said the Rangers don't have a sufficient PLAYOFF history to say they historically choke in the playoffs... they have not been in the playoffs enough to say that. Furthermore, in order to CHOKE you have to be favored in the playoffs, and the rangers have never been favored in the playoffs, so logic will tell you it is impossible for them to have ever "choked." I don't wikipedia to support that.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:15 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
The same could be say about the east... there's been plenty of "wackness" coming from all regions nowadays. I don't think region matters, I think the quality of the music should be whats important, regardless of where the artist is from.

I co-sign the bolded part of that message.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:16 pm

KJ, you know just as well plenty of artists that are wack have come from the east. You diss dipset all the time. It is not a diss to a region to admit that much.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:17 pm

NYC is the GOAT - Only cuz Pac was from there

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:21 pm

Steve wrote:
NYC is the GOAT - Only cuz Pac was from there

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

That's just like England claiming Slick Rick. Pac got his game from the Bay.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:32 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ, you know just as well plenty of artists that are wack have come from the east. You diss dipset all the time. It is not a diss to a region to admit that much.

You're absolutely right, there have been some wack artists from the East. It's just seemed like Kev was trying to say that the East was most responsible for the demise of hip-hop and I strongly disagree with that. I feel that more of them have come from the South.

On the real, the decline of the second golden age came when Suge Knight instigated that senseless war between the East and West, and the flat out decline in general has to do with A&R guys valuing marketablity and image over pure talent. And that's been the case in EVERY region unfortunately.

Last edited by Eastern Rap Pro on Fri 06 Aug 2010, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:34 pm

Suge Knight didn't instigate shit, and if you say otherwise you haven't done any research on the topic.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:35 pm

Steve wrote:
Suge Knight didn't instigate shit, and if you say otherwise you haven't done any research on the topic.

Yes he did. It all started at the Source awards when he dissed Bad Boy. And even Pac's mama holds Suge partially responsible for his death.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:36 pm

I agree with you - but it wasn't Suge alone that made that beef. Pac had it planted in his mind the minute he got shot in NYC and investigations show there was some involvement from the east in that shooting.

You can't really get mad at Kev though KJ because Powell's original post dissed other regions and you didn't get upset about that. If you are going to get upset at Kev for dissing the east you gotta get upset at powell too. If you are going to agree with powell, you can't get upset if Kev replies in kind.

I think over the history of the entire game all the regions have put out some pretty wack music so not one single coast can be blamed. I agree the blame is with the major labels selling an image over talent.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:39 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
You can't really get mad at Kev though KJ because Powell's original post dissed other regions and you didn't get upset about that. If you are going to get upset at Kev for dissing the east you gotta get upset at powell too. If you are going to agree with powell, you can't get upset if Kev replies in kind.

I ain't mad at Kev, I was just disputing his statements. Even though Kev and I don't agree on a lot of things hip-hop, he's one of the nicest guys on the forum in general so when I come at him he knows it's not personal.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:39 pm

LOL - go research it, and go research the Piru bloods, and go research Pac's shooting, go research King Tut and Haitian Jack, go research "Dead Suge Knight Bodyguards" go research "Puff Daddy + Black Mafia Family", go research Pac + assisting Biggie's career when NO ONE gave a fuck (truth).

Start there, and then when you finally have some sort of base I will give you some more shit to research before you ever make a statement like the above again.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:44 pm

Oh no it's Steve with that Haitian Jack stuff again....I know what your talking about Steve...but fuck Suge Knight man, he's the devil
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 7:25 pm

Its NY fault why??

Well once upon time in the 90's the south was forced to step their game up 3x fold just to get a sneak peek of some exposure. The south was like the middle child trying to get you mofo's respect trying to give the south something to be proud off. They put out some of their best music that decade and what did NY do? Shit on it, laughed at it, dissed it, ignored it. Cats was dropping classic cd's but not getting no mainstream luv or real mainstream major money.

But the south had this booty/party music monster that was always the backbone of its rap roots just waiting for the chance to get loose. The south knew that once this beast was set loose it was a wrap. So they figured well hey you ignored i'll real shit so one thing we sho know is we can make these mofo's crunk worldwide. And we'll take your fake east coast props and show you a takeover like you have never seen. So the booty music monster awoke and ate up all lyrical rappers and left them former shadows of themselves. One thing that never gets old is party music, people love to shake their groove thing...lol.

Last edited by KRob86 on Fri 06 Aug 2010, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 7:35 pm

Kev sonned y'all there...lol
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 8:13 pm

As an east coast head, well, that confirms my pick right there!
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 8:30 pm

SMH @ Steve, Kev ain't son nobody.

While he's correct about the South trying to get respect, they had to earn it because 2 Live Crew and all those booty music dudes are only good for the clubs. Ain't nobody outside the South bumpin that shit in their whips or cribs or walkman's (we ALL had walkman's back then, don't front).

It took cats like Outkast, Goodie Mob, and The Geto Boys to step up and rep the South as cats who rhymed about more than sex and actually some depth to their style. While it's true that some east coast cats still hated on them, the objective listeners have always shown them love. I've always been someone who has shown love to MC's no matter where they're from, as long as they can spit and don't come wack.

There's some great talent in the South no doubt, but it's been overshadowed by wack acts like Young Money, Gucci Mane, Souljah Boy, OJ The Juiceman, Wacka Flocka Flame, and the like. If cats like Little Brother, CunninLynguists, Nappy Roots, and Field Mob got more love, I wouldn't complain. But A&R guys keep pushing these bums with limited skills just because they appeal to kids and women and abandoning the fans who loved the art form when it was thriving.

I don't blame one coast inparticular for that, but most of those bums I described above just so happen to be from the South.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 8:49 pm

Its not just the kids and women supporting this southern booty music its dudes of all ages also. I know a cat thats in his late 20's from NY and bumps Wacka, Gucci and all that shit. And I'd put money on it a lot of dudes around your way are bumping that shit also. They don't have that same NY pride and stuck up attitude they use to have. I never thought i'd say this but I miss the ole NY. Ole NY cats would have pushed this bullshit out of the atmosphere but new NY is embracing it and have changed their style.
Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 8:53 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Its not just the kids and women supporting this southern booty music its dudes of all ages also. I know a cat thats in his late 20's from NY and bumps Wacka, Gucci and all that shit. And I'd put money on it a lot of dudes around your way are bumping that shit also. They don't have that same NY pride and stuck up attitude they use to have. I never thought i'd say this but I miss the ole NY. Ole NY cats would have pushed this bullshit out of the atmosphere but new NY is embracing it and have changed their style.

Whoever that guy is needs to be kicked the fuck out of NYC!!! I'll trade him to the South for Wayne.

Wacka and Gucci are two of the worst rappers of all time. I'd bump Rappin Duke before either of those clowns.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 10:01 pm

how many times have you made this topic Powell, lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 10:33 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Kev is kinda right about some of this shit man.....the newer NYC crowd is big upping a lot of this bullshit and doesn't really connect with the "roots" of hip-hop music and culture...they are a bunch of kids in NYC right now who could care less about KRS-One and love the shit out of Lil Wayne or Dipset.....thats real talk...

my main argument with that take is that the south is still the main culprits creating the wackness....yes it is universally supported across all coasts but the coast really taking the time if you will to put out this wackness is mainly coming from the south
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 10:44 pm

Fuck that, KJ. I was listening to 2 Live since What We Are.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Nope if Hip Hop dies its the south's fault. There's no excuse for the shuckin and jivin' of the south. Even when NY is tryna redeem itself the south got it locked down to the point no one can make a move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NYC is THE GOAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NYC is THE GOAT   NYC is THE GOAT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NYC is THE GOAT
Page 1 of 1