Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 albums released in 2002

Go down 
+8
Highsmith
parker lewis
Myestro
Norfeest
Dwight
T. Myers
Jason
D.Powell
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Top 5 albums released in 2002 Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 9:42 am

Nas - The Lost Tapes
Nas - God's Son
Scarface - The Fix
Styles P - A Gangster & A Gentleman
Talib Kweli - Quality
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 9:44 am

Nas-The Lost Tapes
Nas-God's Son
Scarface-The Fix
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:12 am

This was a great year, maybe the best of the decade

1. Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow
2. El-P - Fantastic Damage
3. RJD2 - Deadringer
4. Mr. Lif - I Phantom
5. Nas - The Lost Tapes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:17 am

Talib Kweli- Quality
Face- The Fix
Eminem- The Em Show
Devin- Just Tryin Ta Live
Nas- God's Son

Hon. Mention
Dayton Fam- Welcome To The Dopehouse
Nas- Lost Tapes
Mega- True Meaning
Styles- AGAAG
8 Mile Soundtrk
Quik- Unda Tha Influence

And Powell I know you are being sarcastic right? This one was a strong year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 12:07 pm

I don't...understand...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 12:25 pm

The following is a Public Service Announcement brought to you by KJE.

Kool John does not give a fuck what you think, if you don't like his list, you can kiss his black ass.

Scarface- The Fix
Nas- Lost Tapes
Nas- God's Son
Talib Kweli- Quality
AZ- Aziatic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 2:50 pm

True Meaning
Gangster and a Gentleman
Better Dayz
Absolute Power
Eminem Show

How does NO ONE have Eminem so far? Surprising.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 2:51 pm

Steve wrote:
True Meaning
Gangster and a Gentleman
Better Dayz
Absolute Power
Eminem Show

Um, Kev listed it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 2:52 pm

I almost listed Em but I like Aziatic slightly better.

And Steve, you've got Lost Tapes as your avatar and didn't list it? SMH.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 2:58 pm

Talib Kweli-Quality
Scarface-The Fix
Eminem-The Eminem Show
Nas-The Lost Tapes
AZ-Aziatic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 3:02 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:

You know why it's my avatar, I just heard it and liked it. Not close to beating any of those albums, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 3:06 pm

Steve wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:

You know why it's my avatar, I just heard it and liked it. Not close to beating any of those albums, though.

I respect your opinion but wholeheartedly disagree.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 3:21 pm

Steve wrote:

He squandered his apex as a rapper on his super-producer pipe dreams.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 4:53 pm

People Under The Stairs - O.S.T.
Scarface - The Fix
Cormega - The True Meaning
Count Bass D - Dwight Spitz
Mr. Lif - I Phantom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 5:58 pm

WOW...I'm going to do an honorable mention, just because people are leaving a lot of dope shit out that they claim to dig.

Non Phixion-Future Is Now
El-P-I Phantom
Gravediggaz-Nightmare In A-Minor
Eminem-Eminem Show
Nas-Lost Tapes

Remember these?
The Roots-Phrenology
Tech N9ne-Absolute Power
RJD2-Deadringer
Illogic-Got Lyrics?
Clipse-Lord Willin
Demigodz-Godz Must Be Crazy!
Cee Lo-Cee Lo Green And His Perfect Imperfections
Atmosphere-God Loves Ugly
Sage Francis-Personal Journals
Count Bass D-Dwight Spitz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 6:34 pm

Anything worth listing from there was listed by at least one person

"The Roots-Phrenology - GAY
Tech N9ne-Absolute Power - Listed (Shouldn't be an honorable mention hater)
RJD2-Deadringer - GAY
Illogic-Got Lyrics? - GAY
Clipse-Lord Willin - NEVA HEARD
Demigodz-Godz Must Be Crazy! - GAY
Cee Lo-Cee Lo Green And His Perfect Imperfections - GAY
Atmosphere-God Loves Ugly - SUPA GAY
Sage Francis-Personal Journals - SUPA DUPA GAY
Count Bass D-Dwight Spitz - ULTIMATE GAY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 6:36 pm

SMH! Phrenology and the Cee-Lo album ain't gay.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 6:39 pm

Steve wrote:
Anything worth listing from there was listed by at least one person

"The Roots-Phrenology - GAY
Tech N9ne-Absolute Power - Listed (Shouldn't be an honorable mention hater)
RJD2-Deadringer - GAY
Illogic-Got Lyrics? - GAY
Clipse-Lord Willin - NEVA HEARD
Demigodz-Godz Must Be Crazy! - GAY
Cee Lo-Cee Lo Green And His Perfect Imperfections - GAY
Atmosphere-God Loves Ugly - SUPA GAY
Sage Francis-Personal Journals - SUPA DUPA GAY

ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 7:45 pm

Devin - Just Tryin' 2 Live
Nas - The Lost Tapes
Non Phixion - The Future Is Now
Cormega - True Meaning
Nappy Roots - Watermelon, Chicken & Gritz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 7:49 pm

Honorable mention:
Steve wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 8:31 pm

Steve wrote:
True Meaning
Gangster and a Gentleman-ONLY LOX AND EAST COAST STANS THINK ANYTHING BY STYLES SOLO WISE IS LISTENABLE
Better Dayz-2PAC DICK RIDER WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO JOIN THE OUTLAWZ ALREADY
Absolute Power
Eminem Show

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 8:32 pm

Also, I know for a fact you've heard (or claimed to have heard) Lord Willin before, and have never even HEARD of Illogic or heard half the albums you called "supa" gay, KRob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 8:57 pm

I'd love to join the Outlawz, and I am an EC stan.

Don't hate n$mo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 8:59 pm

Steve wrote:
I'd love to join the Outlawz, and I am an EC stan.

Don't hate n$mo.

You started the hatefest, Biggie Killa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 9:03 pm

Jeff wrote:

Gangster and a Gentleman-ONLY LOX AND EAST COAST STANS THINK ANYTHING BY STYLES SOLO WISE IS LISTENABLE

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 9:07 pm

From an east coast dickrider...get some one else to agree with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 9:45 pm

Jeff wrote:
Also, I know for a fact you've heard (or claimed to have heard) Lord Willin before, and have never even HEARD of Illogic or heard half the albums you called "supa" gay, KRob.

Ahh Jeff wrong person....That was Steve-O.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 9:47 pm

Jeff wrote:
From an east coast dickrider...get some one else to agree with you.

Lox/D-Block have plenty of fans in here you Midwest dick rider.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:00 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Ahh Jeff wrong person....That was Steve-O.

He was stealing your slang...I was poking fun. Thanks for not getting pissed though. Some people know how to take jokes.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:00 pm

N3ro...in case you haven't noticed, starting around 99-00, my lists tend to be some of the less popular picks.

Dwight...good call with People Under The Stairs. Dope album!

My list:

Genelec & Memphis Reigns - Scorpion Circles
Non-Phixion - The Future Is Now
People Under The Stairs - O.S.T.
Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly
Mr. Lif - I Phantom

Near misses:

Copywrite - High Exhaulted
Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow
7L & Esoteric - Dangerous Connection

Also like to shout out:

Sweatshop Union - Sweatshop Union (Local 504)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:04 pm

Good looks on Copywrite, but technically that album was released in 01 I think. Could be mistaken, though. That 7L/Eso is the only album from Eso I can actually listen to without wanting to dig my ears out with a butter knife. Sweatshop Union is dope.

Also, who the fuck is your first pick?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:09 pm

Jeff wrote:
Good looks on Copywrite, but technically that album was released in 01 I think. Could be mistaken, though. That 7L/Eso is the only album from Eso I can actually listen to without wanting to dig my ears out with a butter knife. Sweatshop Union is dope.

Like that one? Obscure to the max. I heard one of their songs on some compilation cd. The album is like impossible to find. I had to download it. But I fell in love with it instantly. I suggest giving it a download and listening. Or look 'em up on youtube. There's a few tracks to be found.

I like 7L & Eso's "The Soul Purpose" also...but after DC, wasn't all that into them anymore. DC2 was decent, but nothing to write home about, IMO. I think Eso is a dope lyricist, but his voice can get kind of grating.

And I wasn't sure what year Copywrite came out. All the lists I check for references on what albums came out in what year had it listed as 2002. Amazon lists it as 2002 also.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:14 pm

Myestro wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Like that one? Obscure to the max. I heard one of their songs on some compilation cd. The album is like impossible to find. I had to download it. But I fell in love with it instantly. I suggest giving it a download and listening. Or look 'em up on youtube. There's a few tracks to be found.

I like 7L & Eso's "The Soul Purpose" also...but after DC, wasn't all that into them anymore. DC2 was decent, but nothing to write home about, IMO. I think Eso is a dope lyricist, but his voice can get kind of grating.

And I wasn't sure what year Copywrite came out. All the lists I check for references on what albums came out in what year had it listed as 2002. Amazon lists it as 2002 also.

yeah, I believe it was available on HipHopSite, UGHH, and Sandbox in late 2001, because I had to order it thru HHS because Amazon and all those other sites didn't have shit for it yet. Copy's distro got all fucked up because that was when EC was leaving Landspeed.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:16 pm

Jeff wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Jeff wrote:

yeah, I believe it was available on HipHopSite, UGHH, and Sandbox in late 2001, because I had to order it thru HHS because Amazon and all those other sites didn't have shit for it yet. Copy's distro got all fucked up because that was when EC was leaving Landspeed.

I hear ya, man. Either way, it didn't crack my top 5, so even if people consider it 2001, it can easily be dropped from the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:23 pm

Myestro wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I hear ya, man. Either way, it didn't crack my top 5, so even if people consider it 2001, it can easily be dropped from the list.

I could be wrong though, in all honesty. It was almost 10 years ago. Did you peep the re-release that dropped this year? 8 new songs on it.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:25 pm

No, haven't peeped that yet. The new songs good? If so, I might have to cop it, and give my other copy away. I'm not really a collector, I just like having good music to listen to, so maybe I can "gift" it to a friend on his b-day or somethin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:28 pm

The new songs are dope, but one is the "radio" version of June (with the happier beat and censored lyrics) and another is a remix of "Best Seller" (off of The Jerk Vol 0). Also, all the Mighty Mi songs are taken off because Mi wouldn't release them to Copy to use on any future albums.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:29 pm

Shitty, maybe I'll just have to have both then. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:38 pm

Myestro wrote:
Shitty, maybe I'll just have to have both then. Smile

I know I do. The OG is worth quite a bit nowadays though. You could probably get away with charging $50+ for it.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:44 pm

Think I'll hold onto it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:45 pm

Have you heard his EP he dropped this year?

He's also got another album dropping in...Oct, I think.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 11:35 pm

Non-Phixion
Blackalicious
Kweli
Nappy Roots
Demigodz
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 1:21 am

Nas "Lost Tapes"
Scarface "The Fix"
Talib Kweli "Quality"
Devin The Dude "Just Trying To Live"
Styles P "A Gangster And A Gentleman"

6) Eminem "Eminem Show"
7) Clipse "Lord Willin'"
and Nas "God's Son"

I don't have Aziatic here but

The Essence >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 1:23 am

Who's That Man Momma on stage with a brew in his hand momma. Don't you think he's being rude to the fans momma. Grabbin' his nuts, look at him he's doing it again momma, he's doing it again momma....lmao
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 3:56 pm

"Gangster and a Gentleman-ONLY LOX AND EAST COAST STANS THINK ANYTHING BY STYLES SOLO WISE IS LISTENABLE"

smh. I'm neiffffer of those, and G&G and Time Is Money are both great albums. Hater
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:25 pm

Jeff wrote:
Have you heard his EP he dropped this year?

He's also got another album dropping in...Oct, I think.

Ultra Sound? Yeah, I peeped that, but have listened to so much new stuff that I don't really remember it. I'll definitely listen again though.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 2:27 pm

Superb year for hip-hop IMO. Not as many 5 star personal classics for me, but a lot of them come close and hit 4.5 stars.

In order:

1. Mr. Lif "I Phantom" (5 stars) (Mr. Lif "Emergency Rations" EP is also 5 stars to me)
2. Edan "Primitive Plus" (5 stars)
3. Blackalicious "Blazing Arrow" (5 stars)
4. Aesop "Black Libra" (4.5 stars)
5. Eyedea "The Many Faces of Oliver Hart" (4.5 stars)
6. Masta Ace "Disposable Arts"
7. Murs & Slug "Felt 2: Tribute to Lisa Bonet" (4.5 stars)
8. Cunninlynguists "Will Rap For Food" 4.5 stars)
9. El-P "Fantastic Damage"
10. DJ Shadow "The Private Press"
11. J-Live "All Of The Above"
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 3:16 pm

Alan wrote:
Superb year for hip-hop IMO. Not as many 5 star personal classics for me, but a lot of them come close and hit 4.5 stars.

In order:

1. Mr. Lif "I Phantom" (5 stars) (Mr. Lif "Emergency Rations" EP is also 5 stars to me)

Co-sign. Would have made my list, but it's an EP, so I left it off.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 3:22 pm

Myestro wrote:
Alan wrote:

In order:

That's why I squeezed it in there like a technicality. lol
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010, 3:28 pm

Alan wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Alan wrote:

In order:

That's why I squeezed it in there like a technicality. lol

Good call though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2002   Top 5 albums released in 2002 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 albums released in 2002
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next