Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Empty
PostSubject: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 1:25 pm

Copywrite has been tweeting about how he's got a Camu Tao track or getting Camu on a hook for his new album, saying that he and Mu had mended fences before Mu's untimely death. Nobody has outright said this is bullshit, but with the video of Copy and Vast Aire beating down Cage recently surfacing...something doesn't smell right.

And then there's the question, is that even if they weren't on good terms when Mu died, does Copy still have the right to pretend everything is ok? Or maybe he's trying to capitalize and sell some records? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 1:27 pm

SMH, you know as well as i do that the thread title will cause this to be a Nas argument.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 1:30 pm

He's not really playing for stakes here...it's not going to impact his sales either way. But, to answer, yes...his relationship with Camu is irrelevant ay this point. As long as he gets along well enough with whoever owns the verses he wants to buy them...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 1:33 pm

That's another point, Joe, is that just because he already "had" the beats and hooks...should he use them? Just like the MHz album he's allgedly putting out next year...is this really what a friend would do?

And I would argue that yes, it will impact his sales. There's a reason he put out the song about Camu for his first single, BEFORE Mu's album dropped (with a bigger label and marketing budget behind it) even though Copy's album isn't dropping til Nov.

And Terry...its not my fault if people want to make it about that hypcorite Nas and his shine stealing grave robbing ass.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 1:40 pm

I think you seriously overestimate Camu's fanbase...what are you talking, a couple hundred units gained, tops...you gotta figure some of his fans listen to Copywrite anyway. As always, I could be wrong, that's just how it looks from here.

Morally, if they were not on good terms when the man died, yes...it would be reprehensible. However, you know El-P loves the gossip avenues...that shit will be public in no time if that's the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 1:42 pm

Well, I know that Copy has been plugging King Of Hearts for some time so El-P is probably just waiting until the sales have cooled off before calling Copy out if that's the case. Cage and Aesop Rock have yet to say anything yet either so the whole situation is interesting. Also, RJD2 was working with Copywrite again before Camu died so you'd think he'd have something to say about the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 1:44 pm

Well, maybe he's not lying. It seems like, if he really didn't like the mofo, he wouldn't want him on his shit anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 1:48 pm

That's true.

Here's my thoughts honestly:

El-P has cancelled The New Left because "there are no Weathermen without Camu", whereas Copywrite is working on a new MHz record. Who's looking out for what's best for the man's legacy and who's looking out for only themselves?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 2:07 pm

I don't think anyone will ever doubt El-P's loyalty, based on the limited info I've been exposed to. However, maybe Copywrite truly feels he's honoring the man..

You could be right, too..
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 2:29 pm

Charles Hamilton honored Dilla...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 2:30 pm

Yeah it's tough to tell, we'll see what happens in the next couple months I suppose.

Copy re-released the MHz album and said all the proceeds were to go to Camu's family, then complained when they didn't, the whole thing just seems fishy to me. But like I said, I will buy the new album when it drops because I'm sure it will be dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 2:31 pm

Shaun wrote:

Did they have beef, though? Was there video footage of Dilla knocked Chucky Cheez the Nutcase In A Wheelchair the fuck out? It's kind of different IMAO
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 2:35 pm

Shaun wrote:

lol @ charles hamilton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 2:39 pm

The question is, is copy a bigger douche than Chucky here? I'm starting to think so...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 2:45 pm

I don't know. Didn't Hamilton ever even meet Dilla or anything like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 3:12 pm

Yeah, see, not AS bad, but still douchey. At least Dan-E-O met Dilla several times and tried to buy beats off of him (even though he couldn't afford it) before honoring him (EVEN THOUGH NONE OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS EVEN CHECKED OUT THE INSANELY DOPE DILLA PICKLES YOU WEAK, WEAK, WEAK ASSHOLES).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 12:07 am

SMFH @ Jeff. So anybody who's made a posthumous track with Pac is a grave stealer now? If so, then you can't put it all on Nas. Half the game has done it so GTFOH with that bullshit!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 12:10 am

smh. Not the point, KJ. The point is that Copywrite and Camu Tao had beef before Camu passed. Now, Copy wants to put him on his album.

Copy & Camu = Nas & Pac
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 12:14 am

Shaun wrote:
smh. Not the point, KJ. The point is that Copywrite and Camu Tao had beef before Camu passed. Now, Copy wants to put him on his album.

Copy & Camu = Nas & Pac

Who the fuck cares though? A track is a track. It also should be noted that Thugz Mansion appeared on Betta Dayz before it appeared on God's Son.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 12:16 am

Again, the fact that they wouldn't have done a track together if both were still alive is the issue. The topic of the discussion is to debate on whether or not he's actually paying homage to Camu, or if he's trying to use a deceased rapper's name to boost sales.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 12:21 am

Shaun wrote:
Again, the fact that they wouldn't have done a track together if both were still alive is the issue. The topic of the discussion is to debate on whether or not he's actually paying homage to Camu, or if he's trying to use a deceased rapper's name to boost sales.

I bet Jeff had no fuckin problem with Eminem producing and doing tracks with Pac despite the fact that they never even met. Several other artists did the same.

As for the topic, while I'm not all that familiar with Camu I'm sure that Copy was paying homage to him. Same goes with the Nas/Pac situation. It's not like Thugz Mansion was the lead single on God's Son anyway. Made You Look was, and it would have sold off of that song anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 9:15 pm

KJ, I really believe you're intelligent enough to get my point here. Really, I do. So, please look again.

There's a HUGE difference between an artist never having met another one and paying homage to them then two artists who had beef and one dies, so the other one exploits their legacy. And I could give a fuck is "Thugz Mansion" was on Better Dayz first, because SUGE put that shit out and do you REALLY think he cares about Pac's legacy? Probably not. Probably cares about his pocket book more.

And, I did have a problem with Eminem producing Loyal To The Game, because that album fucking blows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?   Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Copywrite Pulling A Nas (Thug'z Mansion)?
Page 1 of 1