Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obama and Race Relations

Go down 
+3
Half
parker lewis
TheHazardous
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Obama and Race Relations Empty
PostSubject: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 1:38 am

Since Obama has become President do you feel race relations in America have improved, gotten worse, or simply revealed the true state of affairs?

In these last past two years on the net I've seen more blatant bigoted comments on the net than I can shake a stick at. Mundane articles that have nothing to do with race or politics turn into tirades in a blink of an eye. I highly doubt any of these twerps testicles have descended low enough to say half this shit edited to someone's face.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 2:42 am

Steve and Kevin sure seem a bit more bold...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 2:47 am

Seriously, though, I'm sure white racists feel more threatened under the current circumstances. This would, logically, lead to desperate, emboldened behaviors.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 8:20 am

Yeah I think that because of Obama's presidency the true racists are coming out. I mean you have the Tea Party forming, 1 out of 5 people thinking Obama is Muslim, the bullshit about that mosque at ground zero, and news media reaching new heights of idiocy on both conservative and liberal sides. No, these things aren't directly related to racism, but I definitely think racism has a part to play.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 9:19 am

I'd say if anything racism is on the rise sharply. People are losing jobs/livelihoods and looking for someone to blame.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 8:35 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Seriously, though, I'm sure white racists feel more threatened under the current circumstances. This would, logically, lead to desperate, emboldened behaviors.

True dat.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 8:36 pm

Half wrote:
Yeah I think that because of Obama's presidency the true racists are coming out. I mean you have the Tea Party forming, 1 out of 5 people thinking Obama is Muslim, the bullshit about that mosque at ground zero, and news media reaching new heights of idiocy on both conservative and liberal sides. No, these things aren't directly related to racism, but I definitely think racism has a part to play.

I think it's the undercurrent pushing a lot of this reactionary behavior, and Laura-esque Freudian slips.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 8:38 pm

Funk Seoul Brother wrote:
I'd say if anything racism is on the rise sharply. People are losing jobs/livelihoods and looking for someone to blame.

Scapegoating. The American Way.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 9:05 pm

Racism is so thick in the air you can cut it with a steak knife. The day Obama was elected White people became made at me. Seriously Im a cab driver. Ive had one guy call him a bunny right in the back of my cab. I had one guy state since Obama is president don't think Blacks are taking over the country. Overall America always was a racial empire. It was Hollywood that got him elected and convince White folks that hes one of the "good ones" like Micheal Jordan and Bill Cosby.

What killsme is the whole birth certifate thing. Racist want to see his BC. These fools should know Obama could easily whip up a fake BC. Hell, I could create a fake BC on my computer!!! He came from a White American woman's vagina for chrissake. If Obama can slip through the cracks being a foriegner than theres a flaw in the system.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 9:33 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Racism is so thick in the air you can cut it with a steak knife. The day Obama was elected White people became made at me. Seriously Im a cab driver. Ive had one guy call him a bunny right in the back of my cab. I had one guy state since Obama is president don't think Blacks are taking over the country. Overall America always was a racial empire. It was Hollywood that got him elected and convince White folks that hes one of the "good ones" like Micheal Jordan and Bill Cosby.

What killsme is the whole birth certifate thing. Racist want to see his BC. These fools should know Obama could easily whip up a fake BC. Hell, I could create a fake BC on my computer!!! He came from a White American woman's vagina for chrissake. If Obama can slip through the cracks being a foriegner than theres a flaw in the system.

Damn straight. If Obama is a foreigner and he still became the president then we have HUGE security issues or HUGE corruption. Racism has def gotten worse and I see both sides. I think hispanics are in a unique position in this whole race situation. We kinda get to ride the fence for the most part, no homo. You don't know how may times white people confide in me and tell me racist shit about black people as if it's ok because I'm not black. Same thing the other way around. The funny thing is that both are calling me a lazy Mexican (I'm Honduran) behind my back...smh.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 9:37 pm

"We kinda get to ride the fence for the most part"

No pun intended?
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 9:42 pm

LMFAO!! I didn't even catch that shit...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 9:44 pm

LMAO @ Shaun
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 10:39 pm

"He came from a White American woman's vagina for chrissake. If Obama can slip through the cracks being a foriegner than theres a flaw in the system."

I had that same argument online with someone. If your mother is American then you're American. End of story, according to the rules of citizenship. I pulled the rules up for them and they were still mad. I guess turning a blind eye to the truth is easy when you don't want to actually look at what's going on around you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 10:45 pm

if yo mama is american, but goes to indoneisa and fucks a bunny in j akarta and has a baby there, that baby is an indonesian bunny baby
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 11:04 pm

The child may have dual citizenship but the child is American. If your mother is American it doesn't matter who she did it with or where you pop out, you're still American. Only children of American fathers have to be claimed or proven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 11:34 pm

Incorrect sir. Incorrect.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 11:59 pm

Jus sanguinis

Under certain circumstances, US citizenship can be acquired via jus sanguinis from one's parents. The following conditions affect children born outside the US and its outlying possessions to married parents (special conditions affect children born out of wedlock: see below):[7]

* If both parents are US citizens, the child is a citizen if either of the parents has ever lived in the US prior to the child's birth
* If one parent is a US citizen and the other parent is a US national, the child is a citizen if the US citizen parent has lived in the US for a continuous period of at least one year prior to the child's birth
* If one parent is a US citizen and the other parent is not, the child is a citizen if
o the US citizen parent has been "physically present"[8] in the US before the child's birth for a total period of at least five years, and
o at least two of those five years were after the US citizen parent's fourteenth birthday.

[edit] Children born overseas out of wedlock

There is an asymmetry in the way citizenship status of children born overseas to unmarried parents, only one of whom is a U.S. citizen, is handled.

8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (c) provides that children born abroad after December 24, 1952 to unmarried American mothers are US citizens, as long as the mother has lived in the US for a continuous period of at least one year anytime prior to the birth.

8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (a) provides that children born to American fathers unmarried to the children's non-American mothers are considered US citizens only if the father meets the "physical presence" conditions described above, and the father takes several actions:

* Unless deceased, has agreed to provide financial support to the child until he reaches 18,
* Establish paternity by clear and convincing evidence and, while the person is under the age of 18 years
o the person is legitimated under the law of the person’s residence or domicile,
o the father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing under oath, or
o the paternity of the person is established by adjudication of a competent court.
+ 8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (a) provides that acknowledgement of paternity can be shown by acknowledging paternity under oath and in writing; having the issue adjudicated by a court; or having the child otherwise "legitimated" by law.

Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitimeThu 26 Aug 2010, 11:59 pm

Steve wrote:
Incorrect sir. Incorrect.

Elaborate further on your answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama and Race Relations   Obama and Race Relations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama and Race Relations
Page 1 of 1