Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Topic Of The Day Evolution

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Topic Of The Day Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 5:13 pm

After seeing SRP take over the Top Videos idea, I decided to make this announcement.

In the What's Next? thread there seemed to be strong interest in some new Topic of the Day topics: Top Songs (by album), Top Guest Appearances, and Top Songs By Artist.

Wayne said that he was down to do Top Songs By Album....you are still down for that right?

Anyone up to do guest appearances and songs by artist? I may be able to do one if needed.

Basically just post in this thread if you want to volunteer or if you have any good ideas.

Thanks,

Half (1/10th of the Chatbox Mafia)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 5:52 pm

I'm still down for the top songs by album thread, creating it that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 5:53 pm

Wayne wrote:

That's a great idea, start it up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 5:55 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:

That's a great idea, start it up!

I will. Once I hit 100 on the remember this album thread, that thread will be retired.

Last edited by Wayne on Mon 30 Aug 2010, 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 5:55 pm

What do you all think the criteria for the "top songs by album" thread should be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 6:05 pm

Wayne wrote:
What do you all think the criteria for the "top songs by album" thread should be?

I figure a Top 5 should suffice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 6:28 pm

I say top 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 8:33 pm

Should I list all of the songs on each album that's selected?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 8:44 pm

Just want to make sure I have all the bases covered.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:14 pm

yea you'd have to list all of the songs right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:23 pm

Doing the top songs without being able to vote multi choice on each trk would come off unfair and unbalanced. Its hard to pick a concensus top 3 or top for a lot of albums.

I can do a thread on best guest appearances.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:28 pm

Also my next question will be about all the work that goes into these threads whats the pay off? No one seems to be keeping up with the polls anymore. So we vote daily for months on these thread with no final results. Whats the point in that?

I move that we create a section for final poll results. We will need someone or some people to take the keeping up wtih the polls job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:29 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Also my next question will be about all the work that goes into these threads whats the pay off? No one seems to be keeping up with the polls anymore. So we vote daily for months on these thread with no final results. Whats the point in that?

I move that we create a section for final poll results. We will need someone or some people to take the keeping up wtih the polls job.

A final poll results thread would be great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:29 pm

I nominate you KROB. Go get yo calculator boi!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:30 pm

I offered to tally the results from the top 100 artists and singles, and I never got sent any lists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:30 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Doing the top songs without being able to vote multi choice on each trk would come off unfair and unbalanced. Its hard to pick a concensus top 3 or top for a lot of albums.

So I should do multi choice with the tracks KRob?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:31 pm

Shaun wrote:
I offered to tally the results from the top 100 artists and singles, and I never got sent any lists.

You already did the top 100 artist or someone did. And I sent you a list on the singles up to like day 75 or so.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:32 pm

Yeah, I tallied the artists up, I believe. And I did the singles up to whatever day, but no one sent a final list. I will gladly offer to tally up whatever ish needed...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:33 pm

KRob86 wrote:

im gonna do the Regions and the Wu Tang results when i get the chance, i was gonna give the forum an update on day 100 but i havent yet. Also, im gonna keep these going for a while still...the Wu one probably has a week or so left but the Regions will stay going and im keeping track of the nominees dont worry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:34 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Yes. Like to my knowledge you can only have ten options in the polls. List ten of the top trks from each album and let the board pick the top 3-5 from that list. By picking 10 trks you really can't miss.

And what albums are going to be nominated? Only top tier albums?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:35 pm

yeah only consensus classics please
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:35 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Yes. Like to my knowledge you can only have ten options in the polls. List ten of the top trks from each album and let the board pick the top 3-5 from that list. By picking 10 trks you really can't miss.

And what albums are going to be nominated? Only top tier albums?

Yep, top tier albums.
Back to top Go down

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

im gonna do the Regions and the Wu Tang results when i get the chance, i was gonna give the forum an update on day 100 but i havent yet. Also, im gonna keep these going for a while still...the Wu one probably has a week or so left but the Regions will stay going and im keeping track of the nominees dont worry

Beautiful. Well what do you guys think about a final poll section? We can get rid of one of those useless sections...like new users...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:37 pm

Shaun I still have that spreadsheet I last sent you. I guess I can go back and send you what we had left and you can tally the finals?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:43 pm

Shaun I just checked and I do have a spreadsheet that left off with what I sent you. Would you still happen to have what I sent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:43 pm

I would also like to do a joint thread with another poster on the forum, something like what I did with Slang and the top Wu-Tang albums thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:47 pm

A "hip hop beef" thread in some form would also be great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:49 pm

Wayne wrote:
I would also like to do a joint thread with another poster on the forum, something like what I did with Slang and the top Wu-Tang albums thread.

I will do a thread with you Wayne - top 10 No Limit Albums. Lets do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:50 pm

i doubt he's heard ten no limit albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:50 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:

With all due respect SRP, No Limit, I'll have to pass on that. Make me another offer, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:51 pm

Steve wrote:
i doubt he's heard ten no limit albums.

I've heard (and owned at one point, but not anymore) more than 10 No Limit albums Steve.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 10:54 pm

can someone tel me the formula for tallying up the votes? is it just 2 for top 25, 1 for top 50, and -1 for neither???? or am i missing something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:02 pm

yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:04 pm

Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:

With all due respect SRP, No Limit, I'll have to pass on that. Make me another offer, lol.

How bout Top 25 Wackest East Coast Albums?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:06 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:

You're talking to an East Coast head remember, lol. Top 25 wackest east coast albums, not a chance, lol. What's next?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:06 pm

Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:

You're talking to an East Coast head remember, lol. Top 25 wackest east coast albums, not a chance, lol. What's next?

That's why I suggested it, you should have bought enough east coast albums to identify the wack ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:10 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:

That's why I suggested it, you should have bought enough east coast albums to identify the wack ones.

I'm VERY selective when it comes to my hip hop, so when it comes to a thread, solo or joint, I want to highlight "non wack" material. Not a bad offer though, I'm just saying, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:11 pm

Top 25 Most Polite Rappers?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:12 pm

I'm surprised you won't do wackest east coast wayne, like srp said you know your stuff, you gotta know some wack albums, it's inevitable.

I also need to give a shout out to Steve for continuing the best poster topics.

I'm willing to fill in for someone for a while if they need me to, but I don't know if I can do a daily thread completely by myself. So yeah if you need someone to post for you for a few days/week whatever I can do that most likely, just let me know in advance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:13 pm

I need you to do the video thread for like the next 10 weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:14 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Top 25 Most Polite Rappers?

Lol.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:15 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I need you to do the video thread for like the next 10 weeks.

Lol I can definitely fill in for the next two maybe three weeks........but 10 is gonna be a little difficult
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:16 pm

Half wrote:
I'm surprised you won't do wackest east coast wayne, like srp said you know your stuff, you gotta know some wack albums, it's inevitable.

I'm willing to fill in for someone for a while if they need me to, but I don't know if I can do a daily thread completely by myself. So yeah if you need someone to post for you for a few days/week whatever I can do that most likely, just let me know in advance.

Oh I know some "wack" east coast albums Half, but I'd rather not do a thread highlighting them though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:19 pm

gay
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:19 pm

Wayne wrote:
Half wrote:

Oh I know some "wack" east coast albums Half, but I'd rather not do a thread highlighting them though.

Fair enough, nobody is forcing you to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:25 pm

Half wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Half wrote:

Fair enough, nobody is forcing you to.

I know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:26 pm

How bout top 25 scary rap songs?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:28 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I like this, but my experience is limited. I could probably do 10 at most.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:28 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Lol. I have an idea SRP. What about we do a joint thread highlighting Scarface's and the Geto Boys discographies? And how about we throw UGK in there also, just the UGK albums, not Bun and Pimp's solos, respectively?

Last edited by Wayne on Mon 30 Aug 2010, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010, 11:30 pm

I'm thinking doing a joint thread for scary rap.......i have ten solid tracks in mind right now......Jeff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic Of The Day Evolution   Topic Of The Day Evolution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Topic Of The Day Evolution
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next