Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?

Go down 
+3
yOGi420™
T. Myers
Half
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Empty
PostSubject: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:39 am

Is he the only one that believed his rhymes that he would actually die young?

Was (is) he still really alive?

How come other rappers, i.e. Eazy E, Big L, Big Pun, B.I.G., etc. don't have anywhere near the work he did pretty much combined? What do y'all think is the reason for this?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:51 am

People like to exploit people to make money, Pac put in work while he was still alive, he was pretty marketable and still is, the other rappers you mentioned with the exception of BIG are not quite as mainstream and are a bit too heavy for the kids these days that go download a Pac greatest hits album and then decide that they know everything about hip hop. Combine all that shit together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 12:01 pm

Steve wrote:

How come other rappers, i.e. Eazy E, Big L, Big Pun, B.I.G., etc. don't have anywhere near the work he did pretty much combined? What do y'all think is the reason for this?

1. Yeah I believe he really did think he was gonna die young, which is why he made stuff like Death Around The Corner.

2. Nah he's not alive, as much as he's been worth dead he'd be worth even more alive. Plus some of his posthumous material would have never been released.

3. It pretty much goes back to my first answer. I believe he made so many tracks because he knew his life was gonna be short, hence all the posthumous tracks.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 12:26 pm

I think it's becuase Pac was an artist in the truest sense of the word. The others were not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 12:29 pm

Good point, the others were never concerned with improving their audience or growing rap as an artform
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 1:55 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

1. Yeah I believe he really did think he was gonna die young, which is why he made stuff like Death Around The Corner.

2. Nah he's not alive, as much as he's been worth dead he'd be worth even more alive. Plus some of his posthumous material would have never been released.

3. It pretty much goes back to my first answer. I believe he made so many tracks because he knew his life was gonna be short, hence all the posthumous tracks.

WOW!!!!!!!! I agree with KJ over something!!! I better go outside to see if there are any pigs flying around the neighborhood. Laughing My Ass Off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 2:00 pm

I think he just had a work ethic like no other and loved what he did. like Mac Dre, who has almost as much posthumous material himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 2:28 pm

Steve wrote:
Good point, the others were never concerned with improving their audience or growing rap as an artform

I disagree with that. Biggie had a huge fan following at the time of his death, and he grew rap as an artform by bringing Lil Kim and Junior Mafia into the game. Same goes for Pun and Terror Squad, Easy E and Bone Thugs, etc. Big L was on the verge of doing so as well before his time was cut short.

Also, Pac was right at his peak when he passed away, the others with the exception of Easy E hadn't quite hit theirs yet.

While I agree that Pac had a tremendous work ethic, he himself admitted that he felt he was going to die young, hence the Makaveli album (Makaveli was a dude who faked his death). If he were still alive, many of the posthumous tracks would have never been released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 3:08 pm

From what heard the man stayed in a studio and he never turned down doing guest appearances. And by him being such a emotional artist he probably felt the need to get stuff off his chest.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 3:34 pm

Ass Licker Monkey Piss Right

I think these are a perfect description of Steven's sick stalking of a deceased emcee.....this dude is IN LOVE for real....and it's quite fuckin scary to say the least!

Steven go get a hobby or something man...mow the lawn...play fantasy football.....get some therapy......get some pussy....anything that you'll need to clear 2Pac out of your brain for just 5 fuckin mins mane(mayne)....
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 5:20 pm

Take your own advice, go make some friends, maybe you wouldn't be such a dick. I've seen you brag all day about other shit, but never about that...do you have any anymore?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 5:30 pm

All his friends are dead or extinct, don't be so insensitive romped.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 5:37 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Take your own advice, go make some friends, maybe you wouldn't be such a dick. I've seen you brag all day about other shit, but never about that...do you have any anymore?

Yo..this "dude" is pissed off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off

now this is truly some extra funny shit mane(mayne)....I'm glad to see romped turning red like a bloody pussy....lil fruitcake boy!
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 5:59 pm

D.Powell wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:

Yo..this "dude" is pissed off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off

now this is truly some extra funny shit mane(mayne)....I'm glad to see romped turning red like a bloody pussy....lil fruitcake boy!

wtf is up with typing "mane(mayne)" all the time?? you must not have anything else to do since u have so much free time that u will type a word twice EVERY TIME u use it. and wtf is up with u not staying on topic??? are u special needs and just can't concentrate on anything but beef?? fuckin Homo
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 6:38 pm

I've got nothing but time to crack on cornballs like you and romped Boo-Boo.....I'll always make time to do something as fun as this mane(mayne)

I'll still always make money running my business and getting my Laughing My Ass Off 's out of my system as well...I want to personally thank "dudes" like you and romped and joseph for providing me with so much entertainment during a busy work day...much obliged...lol
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:09 pm

I think that mofo just worked like a beast. He had a lot to say, and his life was spent primarily in the studio...

BIG cared about expanding hip-hop as an art form because he put on Junior Mafia...anyone else catch that retarded shit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:14 pm

I did, it's not worth it. KJ misses and cannot comprehend simple concepts, so we let it slide.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:31 pm

I think he was simply a lyrical workaholic but at the same time some of this stuff would not have been released. Some people are naturally prolific like that especially if they're very creative.

The other part is his posthumous handlers knew the value of a dead man. A lot of this stuff at this point is cut and paste or retread aka remixes.

If Jigga or Nas drops then expect this shit in spades.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:31 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I think that mofo just worked like a beast. He had a lot to say, and his life was spent primarily in the studio...

BIG cared about expanding hip-hop as an art form because he put on Junior Mafia...anyone else catch that retarded shit?

He spread his legacy through them, and he was on the verge of expanding hip-hop as an art form at the time of his death. He just didn't get a chance to do so. If you can't figure that out then you're the fuckin retard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:33 pm

Steve wrote:
I did, it's not worth it. KJ misses and cannot comprehend simple concepts, so we let it slide.

What part of what I said didn't you understand? I think it's you that can't comprehend.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 9:50 pm

How the hell was anything about Junior Mafia expansive for hip-hop? Please explain....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:07 pm

Lil' Kim brought pussy to the game and Lil' Cease opened up doors for pseudo midgets. Pussy is a very important aspect of being a female emcee, if you do not have it, then you lose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:32 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
How the hell was anything about Junior Mafia expansive for hip-hop? Please explain....

Junior Mafia is just an example. Biggie was creating his own brand. He was gonna form a group called The Commission and put even more acts on. He was opening doors for artists.

As for his fanbase, it was already huge and would have gotten bigger. As successful as Bad Boy was at the time, they would have gotten even bigger if he were still here. Whether you liked his music or not, you can't deny that Biggie was a major part of hip-hop's second Golden Age. All the stuff that Jay Z has accomplished, I believe Biggie would have done and then some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:37 pm

lmao... now hip-hop had a second golden age and biggie was part of it? Biggie died at the height of his success... none of his posthumous albums came close to matching his sales while he was alive... Pac on the otherhand got more popular after he died and did more to influence the rap game than biggie ever would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:37 pm

You're missing the point of being an artist, LMAO.

How was he making his listeners better?

How was he evolving the art form?

He brought it down, shiny suits, puffy singing and dancing in his videos and on his songs.

With two albums, he is not a major part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:41 pm

Hey hey hey... Junior Mafia elevated the game with... get money.. a ha ha ha ha... get money... a ha ha ha ha... get money... I wish emcees nowaday would just talk about getting money and the money they got and shit instead of the bullshit they talk about nowadays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:49 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
lmao... now hip-hop had a second golden age and biggie was part of it? Biggie died at the height of his success... none of his posthumous albums came close to matching his sales while he was alive... Pac on the otherhand got more popular after he died and did more to influence the rap game than biggie ever would.

Biggie's career lasted a little less than 3 years, and of course his posthumous albums didn't match the sales of his other ones because most of those songs were on mixtapes. There was SO MUCH MORE for Biggie to accomplish but didn't get the chance to do.

You're acting as if Biggie was just another rapper when that couldn't be further from the truth. Biggie was the King Of NY. Now I know you don't hold East Coast rap in very high regard but the majority of hip-hop nation does. When you're the king of NY, you're a big deal in the rap game. Bad Boy were the leaders in shifting the spotlight of hip-hop back to the East Coast. Biggie's popularity would have only GROWN if he were still here.

I wish that both him and Pac were still here, and I also wish that Pac never got involved with Suge Knight. Had that not happened, they would have never had beef and they'd both still be alive, hence the rap game would be a lot better.

Biggie was excellent both on and off the mic. He was a below average looking guy pulling gorgeous women, he had charisma, he had talent, and he had universal appeal. If you can't see that then you're delusional.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:00 pm

Steve wrote:
You're missing the point of being an artist, LMAO.

How was he making his listeners better?

How was he evolving the art form?

He brought it down, shiny suits, puffy singing and dancing in his videos and on his songs.

With two albums, he is not a major part.

1) How do you make listeners better? Listeners are just fans. Rappers don't make others better people, they're just entertainers.

2)I just explained how he evolved the game above. At a time when West Coast hip-hop was dominating the genre, Biggie was the leader in bringing the spotlight back to the East Coast. Other artists helped, but Biggie had the most record sales hence making him the leader.

Say what you want about the shiny suits and shit. That was all Diddy's doing. Suge's tactics weren't exactly stellar. At least Bad Boy is still in business, Suge went fucking bankrupt and it came to the point where nobody wanted to work with him. Biggie was the best EVER when it came to combining hardcore and commercial hip-hop. He can rhyme about street tales as well as make tracks for the clubs. Those 2 albums sold a combined 14 million copies in the US alone and he had fans all over the world.

You and Pedro deny everything I say because Biggie isn't among y'alls favorites. But the impact he made upon the rap game in the short time he was here is unquestionable. Anybody who knows anything about hip-hop knows that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:02 pm

Pac and the west coast were still on top of the game when pac and biggie died. There is NO question about it. DMX did more to bring the game back to the east coast than Biggie did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:14 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Pac and the west coast were still on top of the game when pac and biggie died. There is NO question about it. DMX did more to bring the game back to the east coast than Biggie did.

That's bullshit, you're just playing favorites.

I remember it CLEARLY. Biggie, Nas, and Wu Tang brought the attention back to the East Coast. Then when Dre left Death Row the attention STAYED with the East Coast.

DMX??? Please! He wasn't nearly as popular as Biggie was and he still isn't. Nor were Ruff Ryders as big as Bad Boy.

You and Steve were in elementary school when this shit was happening. I was just graduating from High School so I remember it better and know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:17 pm

Ummm... I went to high school from 1996 to 2000 KJ. IIIIIIIII was the one in high school at the time. Ready to Die was in 1994 - Illmatic was in 1994 - Wu-Tang was in 1993. When Pac died he was the biggest rapper in the game and Death Row was still the biggest label in the game. That was in 1996, 2 years after Ready to Die. All Eyez on Me and Makaveli were THE albums of that year.

The game did not shift back to the east with LAD. It wasn't until DMX that the east really got back on top and DMX was more popular than biggie at the height of his career.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I remember it CLEARLY. Biggie, Nas, and Wu Tang brought the attention back to the East Coast. Then when Dre left Death Row the attention STAYED with the East Coast.

DMX??? Please! He wasn't nearly as popular as Biggie was and he still isn't. Nor were Ruff Ryders as big as Bad Boy.

You and Steve were in elementary school when this shit was happening. I was just graduating from High School so I remember it better and know what I'm talking about.

Um KJ if you were born in 76 and you were graduating high school 96, we need a little explanation. why did you graduate high school when you were 20?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:22 pm

And let me break it down to you with numbers so you don't try to weasel out of this one.

Biggie's RTD went 4X Plat.

Biggies Life After Death went 5X Plat. (RIAA will show 10X because each sale counts as 2).

DMX's It'd Dark and Hell Is Hot went 4X Plat.

Flesh of my Flesh went 3X Plat.

And Then There Was X went 5X Plat.

Please don't try to argue DMX wasn't as popular as biggie - numbers don't lie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:31 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Um KJ if you were born in 76 and you were graduating high school 96, we need a little explanation. why did you graduate high school when you were 20?

Uh Oh, here's comes the reinforcements....Colonel Terry Myers, SMFH.

I graduated in 1994, which is when Ready To Die came out hence my statement.

DMX WAS NOT EVER as popular as Biggie. He's not the lyricist Biggie was, he's the the MC Biggie was, and he had zero consensus classics under his belt. Biggie is a consensus GOAT candidate. DMX is a consensus crackhead who pissed his career away by going to prison all those times.

On that note, I'm no longer gonna debate shit here anymore because other than Wayne, Powell, Pounds, Highsmith, and occasionally Kev nobody listens to anything I've got to say. I'll still participate in this forum, but debating is pointless because unless you're part of the fucking "in" crowd you get ignored here. I'll just vote on the threads, state my opinion and that's it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:32 pm

KJ loves talking out of his ass and making shit up, he's great at it.

Now he will contradict himself and change what he meant.

And Pac made his listeners better, true art is supposed to change you. You proved our point exactly by saying the other dudes were just entertainers, because thats all they were, more lyrical Lil' Waynes.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:36 pm

KJ only wants to discuss with people who agree with everything he says..

None of those contrasts between BIG and DMX are relevant in a discussion about popularity. Popularity is provable fact. Talent is opinion all day. Bringing fans to a region is measurable through numbers. Anyway you cut it, DMX appealed more to casual fans less concerned with lyrics and keeping it real.

Athletes alone make up a huge difference in fanbases...everybody used DMX to get pumped for an event. Even white lacrosse girls...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:37 pm

lol... it's cute how KJ considering talking out of his ass debating...

He quit because he didn't know how to debate - talked out of his ass - and got proven wrong every time. DMX's two most popular albums sold as much as Biggie's two most popular albums... yet somehow KJ thinks they weren't equally popular...idiot.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:41 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Uh Oh, here's comes the reinforcements....Colonel Terry Myers, SMFH.

I graduated in 1994, which is when Ready To Die came out hence my statement.

I'm not reinforcing anyone's opinion. I simply questioned the holes in your statement. SRP said Pac was still on top when he died in 1996. You said you remembered it clearly cause you were graduating high school. You graduated in 94. Unless pac died in 1994, 1994 is not relevant. There is no doubt that 1994 shrunk the gap, but Pac and Deathrow was still on top(at least in my neck of the woods anyway).

Now that that has been established. All parties involved can go back to their pointless argument.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?   Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is it that 2Pac is the only rapper with so much posthumous material?
Page 1 of 1