Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3

Go down 
4 posters

Rampage feat. LL Cool J
Top 25
Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Vote_lcap13%Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Top 50
Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Vote_lcap25%Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Neither
Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Vote_lcap62%Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage

Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 5:44 pm

EPMD feat. LL Cool J

Rampage

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 5:46 pm

Lol...yeah i just fixed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 5:48 pm

LOL yeah I saw that then I edited what I said.....

Anyway, I'll say Top 25, LL ripped this track to shreds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 6:28 pm

Neither. Ppl need 2 realize nearly every classic album has features so middle of the road tracks like these don't fit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 6:31 pm

Steve wrote:
Neither. Ppl need 2 realize nearly every classic album has features so middle of the road tracks like these don't fit

This isn't a middle of the road track by any stretch of the imagination.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 6:31 pm

Probably top 50 for this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 6:32 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Steve wrote:

This isn't a middle of the road track by any stretch of the imagination.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 6:34 pm

this is middle of the road to me... guest appearances are top 50 to me if they steal the show, enhance the track significantly, etc.

LL's verse does none of that IMO. This is a dope EPMD song, but far from their best and known more for the beat than for LL's verse.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 6:38 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
this is middle of the road to me... guest appearances are top 50 to me if they steal the show, enhance the track significantly, etc.

LL's verse does none of that IMO. This is a dope EPMD song, but far from their best and known more for the beat than for LL's verse.

I wholeheartedly disagree, I thought that was a show stealing verse by LL. Erick and Parrish were dope on it as well but LL clearly had the best verse IMO. The beat was hot too, but when most people talk about this song the first thing that comes to mind is "The Ripper, the master, the overlordian playin MC's like an old accordian....."

Top 5 EPMD song IMO.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 6:47 pm

Didn't know there was a video for this. Nice. Is it just me, or does it seem like they didn't do any close up shots of LL? Makes me think they just had some guy back that acting like he was LL while the verse played.

Anyways, dope spot, but it doesn't make my Top 50.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 6:49 pm

Songs like these make me glad how far hip-hop has come since then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 6:53 pm

Myestro wrote:
Didn't know there was a video for this. Nice. Is it just me, or does it seem like they didn't do any close up shots of LL? Makes me think they just had some guy back that acting like he was LL while the verse played.

Anyways, dope spot, but it doesn't make my Top 50.

They did that on purpose, he wanted to make it a silouette shot.

Songs like this make me miss the the good old days when there was a plethora of great mainstream hip-hop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 7:58 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I wholeheartedly disagree, I thought that was a show stealing verse by LL. Erick and Parrish were dope on it as well but LL clearly had the best verse IMO. The beat was hot too, but when most people talk about this song the first thing that comes to mind is "The Ripper, the master, the overlordian playin MC's like an old accordian....."

Top 5 EPMD song IMO.

I can see both sides. LL murks this trk but I have heard way better guest appearances. LL did not take this song over though like Em did with Renegade and Snoop did with Deep Cover.

I'm about to listen to his verse again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:15 pm

I'll say neither for now because I never did a list for this. But it may be top 50. But neither for now.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:58 pm

Neither imo
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 11:01 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I'll say neither for now because I never did a list for this. But it may be top 50. But neither for now.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Sep 2010, 2:26 am

Top 50 for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3   Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 50 Greatest Guest Appearances Day 3
Page 1 of 1