Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blind Buy Artists

Go down 
+8
parker lewis
Myestro
TheHazardous
Highsmith
Shaun
Dang! Trotter
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 10:09 am

What rappers will you buy no matter what, even if you haven't heard any singles or anything off their new album?

For me:
'Pac
KP
Ice Cube
Game
Vakill
Immortal Technique
Black Milk
Wu-Tang Clan
GZA

Those are who I can think of right now. Of course, if any of them dropped a terrible album I'd re-consider. Who do y'all have?
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:58 pm

Wu-Tang Clan
Raekwon
Ghostface Killah
Rakim
Kool G. Rap
Sole
KRS-One
Slick Rick
A.G.
O.C.
Public Enemy
Immortal Technique
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:01 pm

i never D/L before i buy. If i D/L then i dl either because an album is too expensive or because i want to check an album out that ive heard very average things about. If it turns out to be worthy of buying then i may go buy it later, but for the most part i only d/l albums i either cant afford to buy or dont plan on buying.

I "blind buy" everything else i plan to buy anyway
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:33 pm

Nas
The Roots
Rakim
Q-Tip
Scarface
Slick Rick
Ice Cube
Wu-Tang Clan
Outkast
GZA
Ghostface
De La Soul
Redman
Talib Kweli

There's more, but those are the ones that come to mind first
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:40 pm

Slick Rick being on that list is silly man, might as well list Run DMC, Whodini, Kurtis Blow and all them too right??? I agree with the rest minus De La, Face & Talib after RPM.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 2:09 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Slick Rick being on that list is silly man, might as well list Run DMC, Whodini, Kurtis Blow and all them too right??? I agree with the rest minus De La, Face & Talib after RPM.

Dude, it's statements like this that make me lose respect for your rap taste/opinions.

Slick Rick has only made ONE bad album in his career, and that album was only bad because he was on parole at the time and his heart wasn't in it. Otherwise, his track record is excellent. I'd welcome a new album of his with open arms. As many people have pointed out, there's a reason why people even to this day still want him for guest appearances.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 2:16 pm

11 years. When a rapper hasn't dropped for 11 years, no need to list him. No prospects of dropping again either. Not speaking about album quality or anything.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 2:23 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
11 years. When a rapper hasn't dropped for 11 years, no need to list him. No prospects of dropping again either. Not speaking about album quality or anything.

All I was saying is that if he did decide to drop an album, I'd blind buy it.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 5:28 pm

We all know KJ is a puppet. It's simple to manipulate him. You argued with him about Slick Rick so he's going to list slick rick on this list even though he has no fucking business on it because he is not an active rapper anymore. Had you argued with him about Run DMC, they would have made the list. KJ is also a damn liar, he's asked for links and "previewed" albums by Ice Cube and Rakim in the last two years alone. Same with Scarface and the Reflection Eternal. That's not a blind buy buddy.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 5:47 pm

I basically buy everything blind...I get the rec from here or somewhere else and then I go and make the purchase and if it's wack..onto E-Bay it goes or into the hands of someone else...when it's wack who cares where it goes??
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 5:58 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Nas
The Roots
Rakim
Q-Tip
Scarface
Slick Rick
Ice Cube
Wu-Tang Clan
Outkast
GZA
Ghostface
De La Soul
Redman
Talib Kweli

Wow.how original.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 6:00 pm

MF DOOM

Tommy/Gunn/Megalon

Any member of the Monstaz that was on Escape From M. Island

BusDriver

GodFatherDon

SCFBros.

MosDef

Tone Def

Maxilla Blu

Blackaliscious
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 7:03 pm

Bro Ali
Scarface
DJ Quik
Slick Rick
Talib Kweli
Cube
Jay-Z
Nas
K-Rino
Eminem
Outkast
Ghostface
dead prez
Wu Tang
The Roots
Lupe Fiasco

Probably a few more i'm forgetting.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 7:08 pm

I forgot to add:

Grandmaster Flash
Sugarhill Gang
The Firm
MC Hammer
Vanilla Ice

Shit who else did I forget??????
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 7:10 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 7:36 pm

I usually buy everything blind as well. If I download songs to have them before I get the CD or get it from Itunes, I'll delete the old tracks after I get the CD or get it from Itunes.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 7:53 pm

Chino XL
Canibus
Outkast
8Ball & MJG
Ghostface
Scarface
Nas
GZA
Royce da 5'9"
UGK
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:46 pm

Nas
Jay-Z

Scarface
Redman
Ice Cube
Wu-Tang Clan
Ghostface Killah
UGK
Outkast
Talib Kweli
Eminem
The Roots

Among others.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 10:10 pm

Cunninlynguists
Del The Funky Homosapien
Q-Unique
Sweatshop Union
Swollen Members
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 10:22 pm

Everything i've heard or speak on i got on CD so everything is a blind buy. The last time I downloaded some tracks was when Prodigy HNIC came out. I played the few I had until i bought the cd and it fucked up the flow of the album for me because I was already bored with half of it
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 2:47 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Nas
The Roots
Rakim
Q-Tip
Scarface
Slick Rick
Ice Cube
Wu-Tang Clan
Outkast
GZA
Ghostface
De La Soul
Redman
Talib Kweli

Wow.how original.

SMH, mainstream hater. I'm sorry, but I don't spend my hard earned money on unproven MC's. That's what the internet is for.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 2:50 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
We all know KJ is a puppet. It's simple to manipulate him. You argued with him about Slick Rick so he's going to list slick rick on this list even though he has no fucking business on it because he is not an active rapper anymore. Had you argued with him about Run DMC, they would have made the list. KJ is also a damn liar, he's asked for links and "previewed" albums by Ice Cube and Rakim in the last two years alone. Same with Scarface and the Reflection Eternal. That's not a blind buy buddy.

So fuckin what bitch! I asked for the links because I was tired of anticipating the albums and wanted to hear them in advanced, not because they weren't worth blind buying. Get off my dick you sawed off little homo.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 3:01 pm

smh
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 8:30 pm

I'm a "bitch" and a "sawed off little homo" because I pointed out a FACT which confirmed your hypocrisy?

This thread isn't "artists you think are worth blind buying even if you don't blind buy them."
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 8:51 pm

Pretty much any Canadian rapper that isn't white...

Everyone else gets downloaded before they're bought. lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 10:27 pm

I agree with your entire list Wayne but once I heard Encore I had to take Eminem off of the list. I only have Recovery because I got it as a free download.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 11:05 pm

Highsmith wrote:
I agree with your entire list Wayne but once I heard Encore I had to take Eminem off of the list. I only have Recovery because I got it as a free download.

Encore was a huge disappointment. I'm with you there.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 11:14 pm

Wayne wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Encore was bad, but I really liked Relapse. Recovery had it's moments as well.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 11:15 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Encore was bad, but I really liked Relapse. Recovery had it's moments as well.

Relapse is one of those albums I had to take my time with, but I ended up liking it after a few listens. I like Recovery also.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 11:30 pm

Eminem
K Rino
Haystak
King Sandman
King Gordy
Bizzy Bone (say what you want about dude's discog, but he's got like two wack albums out of 20, I'll take my chances)
Bone Thugs as a group
Vakill
Maxilla Blue
Atmosphere
Ras Kass
TI
Esham (see Bizzy Bone)
Tech N9ne
Ill Bill
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 12:05 am

I don't blindly "buy" anything. I blindly download evrything. I'm straight robbin these fools!
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:03 pm

I never even bought or heard Relapse. I hate to keep dwelling on Encore but I expected more after MMLP and The Eminem Show. So I left Relapse alone for that reason.
Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:26 pm

So you stopped checking for Rakim after 18th Letter
BDK after taste of Chocolate?

etc., etc.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 10:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Everything i've heard or speak on i got on CD so everything is a blind buy.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 10:10 pm

Close Steve..I did buy Looks Like A Job For
Back to top Go down
EMJAY83
Woof
Woof

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 11:52 am

My list is.....

JAY-Z
Little Brother
Outkast
NAS
Twista
Kanye
Tribe Called Quest
Wu-Tang
Eminem
Rick Ross (I know.)
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Scarface
TOO $HORT
Canibus

To name a few...

After "REBIRTH" I may never blindly listen to anything Lil' Wayne puts out.

Like thoughts out the back of your mind. Going to back to that time. When you used to cut and had to go to the back of the line. Look back and you find. tracks that make you relax and recline. Now cats rap about packing the 9. When they lacking divine inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 12:40 pm

Jackin' Kweli lyrics. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blind Buy Artists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind Buy Artists   Blind Buy Artists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blind Buy Artists
Page 1 of 1