Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rats in my house

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
Justin Linker
Esco
Laced With Slang
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:29 pm

i live in a really old shitty house and rats/mice are always clawing and scurrying in the ceiling/floor boards and shit drives me fuckin nuts.....they wake me up at 8 am running across my ceiling (in the floor boards above) and i always think theyre gonna end up in my room

how the fuck do you deal with this problem???

by the way were only renting the house, and were too lazy to move out for next yr so kept it....overall the rooms in the house are finebut the house overall is just old as hell
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 5:40 pm

two words.........Twelve Gauge
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 6:02 pm

Go buy some D-Con and put it where you think the rats are most likely to come across it. If you don't know what D-Con is, it's a trap that a mouse enters and this trap contains a form of poison which the rats will eat (and in some occasions they will carry portions back to their their families and they all share it) and basically that's the end of it.

I used to live in a trailer with all that shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 6:45 pm

Linker, you know too much about gardening and pest control.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 6:52 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
Go buy some D-Con and put it where you think the rats are most likely to come across it. If you don't know what D-Con is, it's a trap that a mouse enters and this trap contains a form of poison which the rats will eat (and in some occasions they will carry portions back to their their families and they all share it) and basically that's the end of it.

I used to live in a trailer with all that shit.

thanks man ill be ettin some soon
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 7:43 pm

man u a po bastard...u and trotter must be real hip hop heads!
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 8:23 pm

lol @ Myers. Yes I know about all that shit...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 8:37 pm

Don't let people give you hell about your gardening. I think it's a good hobby.
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 9:29 pm

I used to live in a mouse infested apt and we used D-Con and glue traps. The glue traps worked well but most of the time the rodent was still alive when you dumped it.
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:44 pm

Co-sign glue traps. D-Con works for a little while but in my experience eventually the mice will come back. Glue traps work best because I think they're the cheapest solution. The best bet actually is to find out where the fuck they're coming from and trap the shit out of it. They'll eventually learn their lesson.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:48 pm

Bro, at Lowe's/HomeDepot, they sell these "bombs" that you plant in each room of your house, its actually a chemical gas and you have to leave your house for about 5 hours after you put the bombs to work. Rats should be gone after that.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 3:13 am

^ Ok thanks Esco.....

but these rats are mainly in the ceiling/floor boards...my room is in the basement, so should i open up my celing tiles and plant the traps there or what????
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 3:19 am

bro, nevermind using the "Bug BOMB"

check out this website ---- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 9:37 am

I would put some traps up there, yeah. The main thing is compromising wherever they're actually nesting or whatever so they have to move on. Or kill them all.
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 4:20 pm

Yeah, just use that rodent bomb with a professional exterminator. You may have to move out for a few day's.
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 4:32 pm

Rodent bombs can be very dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 9:36 pm

Get a cat or 2 and stick it in the ceiling.
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009, 6:47 pm

fucking lol @ trotter's every response.

yea the glue trap is like torture for the mouse...they'll even rip their own limbs off to survive.

i don't know what to tell you, when i had that problem, i told the apartment management and they took care of it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009, 8:47 pm

yea im probly gonna call my landlord about it tomorrow and see if hell do something

but today they werent around, i think its cuz it was like 10 degrees colcer than the other days....they usually start comin when its like 65 or higher and it was only like 50 - 55 today

if my landlord is a douche and wont pay im gonna buy the glue traps or this other thing i saw where it like emits low frequency sounds that only rats can hear and scares the fuck outta them
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 9:49 am

THat shit never works in my experience. It's a really expensive waste of money IMO.
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 3:26 pm

Lord Emperor N3R0N0N wrote:
THat crap never works in my experience. It's a really expensive waste of money IMO.

The high pitch frequency thing? Damn, I was hoping that would work...lol.

I have not had good luck with mice. Luckily, I don't have rats.

Damn old houses!
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 6:22 pm

If I were you, I'd go for the traps. That way if they die, you can find them and get them out of the house. The last thing you want is for a rat to eat some poison, and end up dead in the wall. You'll never find out where they died, but you'll smell them.

Don't knock old houses. I live in an old house, and I have yet to see a rat or mouse. It just depends on how the landlord (or home owner) keeps it up, and the region you live in. When I was in StL, we'd get mice sometimes, but now I live in Ut, and I haven't seen a mice or rat in my house (knock on wood)
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 7:10 pm

We had a rat in the basement once. It honestly went down like this: We killed that bitch with a samurai sword. The tip wasn't sharp enough, though. We basically had to stab it and crush it's insides without breaking the skin. Motherfucker was gnawing at the blade, screaming loud as hell.

It was surreal, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 11:24 pm

Ahhh...you guys done jinxed me now a got something in my attic. The noise it made makes it seem really big. As it walks or crawls its almost I'm hearing a child frolic up there. I just threw some fogger up there to clear em out.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 11:35 pm

i realized that the "mice" i have may be chipmunks lol i saw one outside my house near it and the ones in the ceiling are really fast...faster than how fast i thought mice were, but luckily i havent heard much in about a week r so
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 3:18 am

My grandma has chipmunks in her backyard. They come up and sit on your lap if you have food
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 2:09 pm

I seen some rats on the street as big as cats. One looked like he could give a dog a run for his money.
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 4:19 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:
I seen some rats on the street as big as cats. One looked like he could give a dog a run for his money.

Gross.

I'm glad they are chipmunks and not rats. Rats are nasty. I've always said that if I end up with a rat on my house, then I'm going to move away.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 4:21 pm

Do they even have a rat problem in Utah?
Back to top Go down

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 6:28 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Do they even have a rat problem in Utah?

Not that I know of. There are field mice here though. What kind of climate breeds rats anyway?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 8:35 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:

You serious?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rats in my house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats in my house   Rats in my house Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rats in my house
Page 1 of 1