Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal

Go down 
+2
Laced With Slang
Dang! Trotter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal Empty
PostSubject: Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal   Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 9:49 pm

Im not just talking about now but ever. Im a fan of Killah P but he;s rapper who couldn't go Gold even if this was 93' no CD burners or internet DL. He don't have that appeal. OC, A.G., Guru, Puba--these guys got some appeal. KP music is for a certain crowd. Dont get me wrong The Offering was my 2nd favorite album of 2007. Holocaust even got more appeal than KP its just Holo is a dust head who cant get his shit together.

If this was 1996 and KP and Tommy "Megalon" Gunn were on the same label with the same amount of album push theres no doubt Tommy would be a bigger star. KP just got the WU on his side . No disrespect.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal   Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:02 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Im not just talking about now but ever. Im a fan of Killah P but he;s rapper who couldn't go Gold even if this was 93' no CD burners or internet DL. He don't have that appeal. OC, A.G., Guru, Puba--these guys got some appeal. KP music is for a certain crowd. Dont get me wrong The Offering was my 2nd favorite album of 2007. Holocaust even got more appeal than KP its just Holo is a dust head who cant get his shit together.

If this was 1996 and KP and Tommy "Megalon" Gunn were on the same label with the same amount of album push theres no doubt Tommy would be a bigger star. KP just got the WU on his side . No disrespect.

i agree KP doesnt have mass appeal, BUT he definitely has more than fucking Holocaust lmao r u serious man...well maybe Holocaust in his Silkworm style would have more appeal but when hes in his Warcloud mode talking about fairies and dragons and butterlfies, KP definitely has more appeal. I havent been able to get into Holocaust since he switched his style up besides a few songs.

Anyway, didnt Heavy Mental go gold?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal   Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:04 pm

Heavy Mental had a track appear in the beginning of Ghost Dog I think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal   Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:13 pm

Half wrote:
Heavy Mental had a track appear in the beginning of Ghost Dog I think

That's not saying much, other than it's a dope song on a dope soundtrack.

View From Masada has mass appeal like Gang Starr
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal   Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:30 pm

Duh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal   Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 11:18 am

What KP talks about in his songs isn't something for mass consumption anyways. Shit ain't dumb enough.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal   Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:28 pm

Mass Apeal
KP>Holo

Holo, is an acquired taste. I did enjoy his work with Blue Sky Black Death though, yessir.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal   Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 9:45 pm

You're right, KP isn't a mass appeal type of emcee but I give him props though for sticking with and honing his style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal   Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killah Priest just don't have mass appeal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: